The real news ... how the election was funded ...

Started by Baruch, February 23, 2017, 07:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Renaissance Technologies, on of the world's most secretive, and successful, quant fund ... has had an internal falling out after the election.  The principals are billionaires, and the firm has 55 billion dollars in assets.  They can buy or sell people like Bill Clinton for chump change.  Anyway, some of the principals supported Hillary and some supported Trump ... to the tune of millions of dollars.  One of them was the second biggest boner to Hillary.  After the election, one of the principals had a meltdown, he really hates Trump and his entourage, and kept speaking out publicly, and getting involved in post-election politics, after he promised not to.  That guy got fired today.  The original story is behind the WSJ paywall ...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/you-have-to-stop-renaissance-executive-tells-boss-about-trump-support-1487845803

Voters are just ants to these people.  People like the Clintons are just boy toys.  There is real power in the world, and they are exerting that power.  Ave Caesar!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

And may the richest billionaire win!

Praise the Almighty Dollar! Blessed be its Holy name!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sorginak

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 24, 2017, 11:35:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a termite.

The other white meat ;-)

Injured termites get cannibalized by their fellows .. waste not want not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Who are the termites and who are the ants? the D, the R, or the financers?

I don't know if the ants can inherit the earth or not. The roaches will still be around after the next nuclear war, but will the ants survive?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

That's all conspiracy theory.

And, BTW, the cockroaches won't inherit the earth.  They can't survive winters; they need our warm buildings.  Ants can however.

Actually, if humans vanished tomorrow, most creatures would not notice the difference and other large mammals would thrive.  The seas would be filled with fish, and whales would increase, and there would be lions, rhinos, and tigers spreading around.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Jason78

Can I be a dragonfly?   I want to be a dragonfly.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on February 26, 2017, 05:28:17 AM
Can I be a dragonfly?   I want to be a dragonfly.

I admire dragonflies. A grand old order of predatory insects extraordinaire.  Magnificent mosquito-catchers.  I grandly allow you to be one. 

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Real estate is real wealth.  CDOs and REITs and Stock/Bond derivatives ... no so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2017, 08:13:12 PM
Real estate is real wealth.  CDOs and REITs and Stock/Bond derivatives ... no so much.

The map is entirely arbitrary.  You could equally change it to show everything from California to Illinois and down through Oklahoma as being of minor economic value compared to the east and west coasts.

Unbeliever

I think the map is only considering the amount of area, not specific geographical regions.
God Not Found