Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mind Meld

Started by pr126, February 22, 2017, 11:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on February 23, 2017, 03:44:03 AM
Indeed.

In the USSR when somebody had different ideas from the approved message, he / she was sent to the state mental institution for "rehabilitation".
Or to a gulag in Siberia.  Sure way to stop them spreading their silly ideas.
People soon learned to keep their mouths shut.

Those religious types who come to this site absolutely convinced of their beliefs and could not entertain any other ideas different from their own?

The left is not different at all.  Same unchangeable conviction, just another dogma.
We are right, everybody else is wrong. No dissent allowed.
You have the same absolute certitude in your beliefs that of a religious person.

Millions of Americans think different ideas than the left. That is why Trump got elected.
Should they all check in to a mental institution?

The Hillary voters are still butt-hurt ... so gay.  Mustn't have Podesta as your campaign manager next time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Butthurt big time, yes.

But other than endless whining and tantrums what else is there?

Insurrection or civil war?

What? I know, alternate reality. See below.

pr126

Baruch

Physicists are the high priests of Einstein, the one true Jewish god ... bwahaha.  OK, so Journalism .... The Onion, all the way down.  I posted how Mika Brzeznski let this out, on TV just the other day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Still waiting on the evidence that gays are treated in the United States better than anyone else... while you're at it, and I wasn't going to ask, could how women have better rights in the US when that is objectively false, how his remarks and ignorance about African Americans isn't at least passively racist, how appointing an anti-gay theocrat to the vice president isn't indicative of being anti-gay?

While you're at it, could you provide actual evidence, peer reviewed studies, that show that American youth are being completely and utterly indoctrinated into authoritarianism and radical leftism at universities across the nation? As it stands, all it appears you have done is copy-pasted McCarthy era fear mongering about schools and maybe changed a few lines. I don't want random YouTubers with 10 followers and a channel name of, "The Radical Rational Freedom America Against The Left", I want me some juicy, in depth, hands on research with interviews and first hand accounts.

While we are talking schools, can you explain to me how gender is not a social construct, and why this is so abhorrent to you, when we can look at cultures that date back thousands of years and incorporate more than a bigender model, or even change the definition of what a "male" or "female" is? If you do not know the difference between gender and sex, which is a biological classification, then that is more than acceptable to admit and learn from.

I could go on, but I don't see the point. The simple fact is you came in here making all sorts of outlandish claims, get called on it, and then deflect by saying the left is out to get you and that other countries are worse. That is all irrelevant to the fact that your very opening statement was a cluster Fuck of inaccuracy. You cannot reasonably expect to have a serious discussion based off of not even that opening statement but rather the deflecting questions you ask when you are called on it.

I don't hate or loath the "article" (blog post) anymore than I hate a flat earth blog. I just find it really stupid and really dishonest.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

So Bar and Pr are old grumpy old conservatives..wtf

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 23, 2017, 04:03:25 PM

I could go on, but I don't see the point. The simple fact is you came in here making all sorts of outlandish claims, get called on it, and then deflect by saying the left is out to get you and that other countries are worse. That is all irrelevant to the fact that your very opening statement was a cluster Fuck of inaccuracy. You cannot reasonably expect to have a serious discussion based off of not even that opening statement but rather the deflecting questions you ask when you are called on it.

Urm, wasn't it you who came in to this thread after PR made it?

Whatever your political beliefs are, he wasn't wrong in some of what was said in the article. America is a country that has more rights for women, LGBT, and immigrants, then a lot of other places. Its not sweden levels of far left leaning, but its a lot better then places like... oh you know, those countries we rarely see talked about left of china right of greece ;-)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 23, 2017, 06:51:35 PM
So Bar and Pr are old grumpy old conservatives..wtf

Not exactly.  We are both Jewish, and old, but there the similarity ends.  But post Brexit and post-Trump, we have more in common, rhetorically.  Of course we are also similar, because neither of us voted for Hillary nor Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 23, 2017, 07:50:40 PM
Urm, wasn't it you who came in to this thread after PR made it?

Whatever your political beliefs are, he wasn't wrong in some of what was said in the article. America is a country that has more rights for women, LGBT, and immigrants, then a lot of other places. Its not sweden levels of far left leaning, but its a lot better then places like... oh you know, those countries we rarely see talked about left of china right of greece ;-)

It isn't trendy, to exterminate people who are less advanced than the West ... that is so 19th century!  Today, in an inverted Gandhi way, they want to colonize the West, because we are less advanced morally (pro gay for example).  I don't share such regressive attitudes, and neither does Shiranu ... but he does seem like a "fellow traveler" of the Che Guevarra persuasion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2017, 08:18:11 PM
Not exactly.  We are both Jewish, and old, but there the similarity ends.  But post Brexit and post-Trump, we have more in common, rhetorically.  Of course we are also similar, because neither of us voted for Hillary nor Trump.
Hold on there for a minute! I refuse to be Jewish. I don't feel Jewish. I don't even look Jewish.
Old, yes, and don't mind that at all.

Oh, and unashamedly conservative. At my age I can afford to be.

שלום

Shiranu

Edit: You know what? No. Just no... that doesn't even warrant a serious response. This idea that, "Other people are shit, so we should be shit too because we are better than them!" is so inherently fuckwitted, it doesn't deserve one.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Shiranu