News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mind Meld

Started by pr126, February 22, 2017, 11:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Mind meld: D.C., the media, and higher ed
QuoteUniversity students now march themselves silly against free speech and all manner of other causes: women's rights, even though women in American enjoy more rights and protections than women in any other nation; LGBT rights, a community that also enjoys greater freedom and protection here than in any other country; illegal immigrant rights, no matter what the level of criminality or drain on American resources.  They march against Trump for no particular reason beyond activist groups instructing them to do so.  None of them can articulate an actual complaint based on facts.  Trump has never uttered an anti-gay or anti-black word.  Yet these young people on campuses across the country have been turned into mind-numbed robots by their tenured radical professors, who were similarly indoctrinated by their own professors.  No opposing opinions allowed.  No critical thinking permitted.  They use the word "fascist" to describe anyone who does not capitulate to their own brand of authoritarianism.

A university education is no longer an education at all; it is a costly and injurious exercise in proselytization.  Its goal is to reorder and "correct" the values young people may have grown up with in a traditional family.  But gender is not a social construct.  Multiculturalism and diversity are not the prescription for a just and fair society.

The left claims that equality is its goal.  It should be obvious by now that the tyranny of multiculturalism is the enemy of equality.  Separating people by race, class, and gender is toxic to any culture, especially one as naturally diverse and accepting as American culture.  The nonsense of creating "safe spaces" from potentially offensive speech or speakers is ridiculous.  To note possible "triggers" of offense in great literature or film is pathetic.  To say our colleges are turning out snowflakes is a gross understatement.  They are turning out people who have been purposefully rendered incompetent and ill equipped to survive in the real world.  Parents are wasting their money.  Students are wasting their time in college.  Identity politics has turned education into a mind-controlled cult in which "deviants" are bullied by their professors and fellow students.  The word "deviant" is not used casually; a conservative student on any University of California campus, for example, will be bullied and mocked until he flees or succumbs to the prescribed way of thinking, writing, and being.

I bet you are going to loath and hate this article and the source.
It is contrary to everything you have been  taught  and believe in.
It is heresy.

Shiranu

Quote...LGBT rights, a community that also enjoys greater freedom and protection here than in any other country...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

I know how you feel Shiranu.
I was educated in communist Hungary back in the '50s.

But do tell us where LGBT are persecuted, oppressed or fear for their lives the USA?
How would they prosper in an Islamic country?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on February 23, 2017, 12:41:10 AM

But do tell us where LGBT are persecuted, oppressed or fear for their lives the USA?

I'm having a real hard time figuring out if you're trolling or not.

In case not:
LGBT are among the most persecuted groups in the U.S.. They are excommunicated by their families, they have only until last year or so given the right to get married and are under siege to get that removed by conservatives

While this is not as bad as it would be in an islamic country, this in no way makes them the most privileged.

How? How in the living hell do you come to that beyond fallacious conclusion? How???

PickelledEggs

Speaking of which. Here is an example of lgbt persecution.
They weren't allowed to march in the parade because they were gay.
They were invited "accidentally". Then denied.
They marched anyway, but they were denied access.

https://www.facebook.com/ST0PH0M0PH0BIA/videos/417472738458409

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/male-dancers-prancing-elites-not-swayed-haters-article-1.2203534

PickelledEggs

Pr. Please go to the doctor and check yourself for dementia. I in no way mean this as an insult. I am concerned

Hydra009

Also, in many states (generally, red states) sexual orientation is not a protected status (unlike race and religion) which leaves LGBT workers vulnerable to workplace discrimination.

Sorginak

Grumpy old men who think the good old days were better should merely reminiscence without putting on an unnecessary display. 

pr126

QuoteLGBT are among the most persecuted groups in the U.S.. They are excommunicated by their families, they have only until last year or so given the right to get married and are under siege to get that removed by conservatives

Being persecuted by their own families is a private matter.
Unless you want to sue your own family members, there is nothing much can be done.

I am talking about the state, legally oppressed, discriminated against,  which is I believe  is illegal under present laws.

Sorginak

QuoteThey march against Trump for no particular reason beyond activist groups instructing them to do so.  None of them can articulate an actual complaint based on facts.

Oh, please, spare me the utter drama of this article.

He did not become president by any honest standard.

The popular vote was for Clinton, yet the Electoral College decided to go against that vote and elect Trump.  Oh, I wonder why.

Here we have ourselves quite the conundrum.

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 23, 2017, 01:40:27 AM
Pr. Please go to the doctor and check yourself for dementia. I in no way mean this as an insult. I am concerned
Indeed.

In the USSR when somebody had different ideas from the approved message, he / she was sent to the state mental institution for "rehabilitation".
Or to a gulag in Siberia.  Sure way to stop them spreading their silly ideas.
People soon learned to keep their mouths shut.

Those religious types who come to this site absolutely convinced of their beliefs and could not entertain any other ideas different from their own?

The left is not different at all.  Same unchangeable conviction, just another dogma.
We are right, everybody else is wrong. No dissent allowed.
You have the same absolute certitude in your beliefs that of a religious person.

Millions of Americans think different ideas than the left. That is why Trump got elected.
Should they all check in to a mental institution?

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 23, 2017, 01:06:40 AM
I'm having a real hard time figuring out if you're trolling or not.

In case not:
LGBT are among the most persecuted groups in the U.S.. They are excommunicated by their families, they have only until last year or so given the right to get married and are under siege to get that removed by conservatives

While this is not as bad as it would be in an islamic country, this in no way makes them the most privileged.

How? How in the living hell do you come to that beyond fallacious conclusion? How???

So you live in Canada ... where they have super maple syrup, eh?  So minority X is oppressed, unless Obama gives each one the trillion dollar coin?  Jackpot!  Politics is all about feeding at the public trough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on February 23, 2017, 12:41:10 AM

If I can't F a dead deer in the middle of the highway during rush hour .. I am triggered, man.  Hand me another joint!

But to be fair, the young are always easily programmed, even in their 20s ... that is how wars are fought.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 23, 2017, 01:59:12 AM
Also, in many states (generally, red states) sexual orientation is not a protected status (unlike race and religion) which leaves LGBT workers vulnerable to workplace discrimination.

Nobody has protected status in the US police state.  You are deluded.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on February 23, 2017, 02:01:44 AM
Grumpy old men who think the good old days were better should merely reminiscence without putting on an unnecessary display.

But we are shameless, shameless I tell you!  Young men should shut up, until they are 60 ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.