"All That We Share" - Danish Commercial

Started by Shiranu, February 22, 2017, 02:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Given the atmosphere in Europe, and the world, it's good to see countries still taking effort to not fall into prejudice and intolerance, when that is the easy route to take.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Why is this video needed to be made in 2017 and not 10, 20 years before?
Did the Danes suddenly became intolerant bigots?

Or is this just propaganda?

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on February 22, 2017, 03:50:32 AM
Why is this video needed to be made in 2017 and not 10, 20 years before?

QuoteGiven the atmosphere in Europe, and the world, it's good to see countries still taking effort to not fall into prejudice and intolerance, when that is the easy route to take.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

It gives SJWs a warm fuzzy feeling.
But it is not reality. It is what you want to see.

This is what you don't want to see.

Reality.

Would you want to live here? You are welcome to it.

https://youtu.be/VWNXm_f2CzE

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on February 22, 2017, 05:37:58 AM
https://youtu.be/VWNXm_f2CzE

Just posting to say Sharia4Belgium was disbanded oktober '12. Almost 5 years ago. (Well, more than 4, at least.)
Fouad Belkacem was sentenced to 12 years in jail for initiating violence and hatred.
Things ain't perfect here. Far from it. But at this point Sharia4Belgium is old news, not the current situation. And they were dealt with through the system, like any other terrorist organisation would be.
Bureaucracy may have been a tad too slow, but I can not have it be said it made anyone turn a blind eye to the problem.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 22, 2017, 06:21:18 AM
The UK got out in time.

Not yet, France and Germany will make you stay, and make you like it ... good seductress vs bad dominatrix.

Danes ... so are they going to give reparations to Grendel and his mom?  And what is so great about Geats?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on February 22, 2017, 05:37:58 AM
It gives SJWs a warm fuzzy feeling.
But it is not reality. It is what you want to see.

This is what you don't want to see.

Reality.

Would you want to live here? You are welcome to it.

Funny, for a continent in flames and on the verge of Shariah law, how little smoke and how little Islamic regulation actually happens there. It's almost like all these terrible things are, I don't know, astronomically blown out of proportion by doomsdayers...

I've asked before, and I don't think you have ever answered... how many Muslims do you actually even know? I don't mean saw once walking down the street, I mean that you have talked to, gotten to know, (ex?) co-workers, regular at the gas station you go to, whatever.

pr126

Shiranu wrote
QuoteI've asked before, and I don't think you have ever answered... how many Muslims do you actually even know? I don't mean saw once walking down the street, I mean that you have talked to, gotten to know, (ex?) co-workers, regular at the gas station you go to, whatever.

Actually, I have lived with Muslims in the same household, renting a room for a number of years. (Pakistani)
Worked with Muslims for years. They were good friends.
I have lived in a very "multicultural" city for 20 years in the UK.

But that was 25 years ago. Things have changed a lot since.

I have also lived in the middle east for 11 years, with Muslims, Christians and Jews.
I have served in the Military for 3 years in the early 1960s. (IDF)

I do have some knowledge of the culture. I had even spoken some Arabic (50 years ago).
Until 9/11 I was completely ignorant of Islam. Then I started to study it.

Does this answer your question?

Baruch

Pr126 - education is always a good thing.  Too bad so much education is a negative experience ... but sometimes that is the only education that "takes".

I also have nothing against individual Muslims.  However, in mass, that is another thing entirely.  Good luck with that.  People in mass, of any kind, are dangerous.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2017, 01:02:36 PM
Pr126 - education is always a good thing.  Too bad so much education is a negative experience ... but sometimes that is the only education that "takes".

I also have nothing against individual Muslims.  However, in mass, that is another thing entirely.  Good luck with that.  People in mass, of any kind, are dangerous.

any kind of mass group think leads to these kind of things. Surprisingly I found in the gay community, it was more cliques, people forming their own little groups in bubbles you couldn't penetrate.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

"But that was 25 years ago. Things have changed a lot since."

Yeah, they became the en vogue group to blame societies problems on.

Doesn't it seem weird that this is the most peaceful period in human history, yet we are suppose to believe that the savage hordes of Muslims are on the tipping point of overthrowing western society? Their numbers have skyrocketed, yet everything is about the same as it has been.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on February 22, 2017, 01:44:37 PM
"But that was 25 years ago. Things have changed a lot since."

Yeah, they became the en vogue group to blame societies problems on.

Doesn't it seem weird that this is the most peaceful period in human history, yet we are suppose to believe that the savage hordes of Muslims are on the tipping point of overthrowing western society? Their numbers have skyrocketed, yet everything is about the same as it has been.
I disagree strongly.
The things we see today (except perhaps you) did not exist 25 years ago.
Europe is in ruins, ISIS, the constant fear of terrorist attacks - over 30,000 since 9/11, all this is invisible to you?

Have you visited planet earth lately?

Shiranu

QuoteEurope is in ruins...

Now I know you are taking the piss. Europe wasn't in ruins 25 years ago? Come on, man. Half of Europe was economically and culturally recovering from the fall of the Soviet Union and it was recovering from violence all over Eastern Europe and in Ireland. Shit, much of Eastern Europe still hasn't recovered from that.

Quote...ISIS...

Kosovo. Chechnya. Half of Latin America. More than half of Africa. Apartheid. Plenty of terrorist states in Asia. The difference is we didn't give a shit, because those were happening in other countries.

QuoteDuring the decade of the 1970s terrorists killed 184 people in the States and injured more than 600 others. In the decade and a half since 9/11, terrorists have, by contrast, killed 74.

Quote...the constant fear of terrorist attacks...

The constant fear is because of media fear telling you to be scared, not reality.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on February 22, 2017, 02:00:54 PM
Now I know you are taking the piss. Europe wasn't in ruins 25 years ago? Come on, man. Half of Europe was economically and culturally recovering from the fall of the Soviet Union and it was recovering from violence all over Eastern Europe and in Ireland. Shit, much of Eastern Europe still hasn't recovered from that.

Kosovo. Chechnya. Half of Latin America. More than half of Africa. Apartheid. Plenty of terrorist states in Asia. The difference is we didn't give a shit, because those were happening in other countries.

The constant fear is because of media fear telling you to be scared, not reality.
LOL.
what is this then? 30353 terrorist attacks is not real?

There's none so blind as those who will not see.