Headmistress threatened for not living up to muslim parents standards (UK)

Started by Munch, February 20, 2017, 09:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4239352/Muslim-parents-sent-school-headteacher-death-threats.html

QuoteCounter-terrorism police are investigating claims a primary school headteacher has been forced to work from home after death threats from Muslim parents who hate her western values.
Trish O'Donnell, head of Clarksfield Primary School in Oldham, has endured 'harassment and intimidation' in the form of 'aggressive verbal abuse' and 'threats to blow up her car' from parents pushing conservative Muslim ideals.
It is feared they are making a 'Trojan Horse' attempt to Islamicise the school.

Parents have complained the way she dresses is 'unsuitable' and that pictures of her daughters in her office are 'offensive'.
The school is mostly filled with Pakistani pupils who do not speak English as a first language. A section of its website titled British values only read: 'coming soon'.
Since becoming head in 2006, Mrs O'Donnell has taken the school Ofsted rating from needing improvement to good.
But now she feels her position is untenable due to the pressure from Muslim parents trying to change the school from within and may be working from home.

Debbie Abrahams, MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth, said the duty placed on teachers to carry out the Government's counter-terrorism Prevent strategy was 'fraught with difficulties.'
Speaking to the Manchester Evening News she said: 'I understand that investigations into harassment of the headteacher at Clarksfield Primary School have been undertaken by Oldham Council and also Greater Manchester Police (GMP).
'I also understand that allegations that this amounted to a 'Trojan horse' plot have been investigated by Oldham Council, linking in with GMP's Counter Terrorism Unit, and the Department for Education's Compliance Unit, who concluded that there was no evidence to support this claim.
'We must, of course, be vigilant to any issues that could conflate community tensions.
'This is why, along with the council, other Oldham MPs, organisations and leaders, we continually work across our diverse communities whilst tackling underlying inequalities which ultimately fuel these tensions.
'Unfortunately the new Prevent duty placed on educators to report people at risk of radicalisation is fraught with difficulties.'
A GMP spokesman said: 'GMP has received information obtained by partners regarding a school in Oldham. We have passed on information to the relevant authorities which are looking into the matter.'

According to an Oldham council report, seen by The Sunday Times, she wrote that she had a 'very strong reasons to believe that . . . a 'Trojan Horse' agenda [is] being played out'. 
And the head teachers' union, the NAHT, said it was 'supporting a number of members in the Oldham area with a variety of apparent Trojan Horse issues'.
The council report says the school's 2013 parent-governor Nasim Ashraf hosted 'Islamic teaching sessions' at the school while his wife, Hafizan Zaman, 'made remarks to Asian staff members that they should be wearing a veil and covering their heads'.
They took exception to Hindi music being played in class, were angered by sex education and were accused of intimidating staff and undermining the headteacher.
The report said they tried to mobilise parents to 'secure changes at the school to reflect their interpretation of Islam' but did not suggest they were involved in the violent threats.
Ashraf's sister Shasta Khan is serving eight years in jail for plotting to attack Jews in Manchester.

She's friends on Facebook with Tahir Alam, the architect of a similar 'Trojan Horse' plot on several schools in Birmingham in 2014.
In the plot activists launched a campaign to oust headteachers using dirty tricks such as spreading false allegations and packing governing bodies with their supporters. 
Tahir Alam and Razwan Faraz were part of the 'Park View Brotherhood' of teachers, which exchanged some 3,000 messages in a WhatsApp group, including offensive comments about British soldiers, the Boston Marathon bombings and the murder of soldier Lee Rigby.
Mr Faraz, a former deputy headteacher of the Trojan-Horse linked Nansen Primary School, is under an interim teaching ban, while Mr Alam was banned from any involvement with schools by the Department for Education (DfE).
Clarksfield Primary's Chairman of Governors Saima Kausar and Mrs O'Donnell declined to comment.
Ashraf denied any Trojan Horse plot but said he wanted to remove Mrs O'Donnell because the school was failing.
A spokesman for Oldham council, cabinet member for education Amanda Chadderton, said: 'We take any allegations about our schools very seriously. The report into an Oldham primary school found no basis to the 'Trojan Horse' allegations.'

Another fine example of why bother assimilating into the culture, when you can force your religious standards on the culture around you.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

marom1963

You can force your religious standards on other people only if they allow it! If the British don't make a stand against such behavior, then they have no one to blame but themselves. "Stick your values up your ass!" should be the government's attitude, and, if it's not, then the government needs to be voted out. "This is the UK and will remain the UK - you are welcome to leave, if you don't like it."
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Baruch

We see the same pressure from parents, with students in the US, even if the school and parents are the same culture.  Stupid parents get teachers fired all the time, because of spineless school boards.  At my daughter's school, when she was about 12, a boy came in eating potato crisps (chips in US) at his desk.  His teacher tried to punish him in public, by saying, go outside and eat the whole bag, then come back inside.  The parents got the teacher fired for being cruel.  Much loss has happened, because parents won't spank their small children/toddlers ... not beat, just spank.  If children respected their parents, the teacher will get respect by extension.  We have adult children raising children for a generation here, and raising them badly.

I think the cross-cultural example obscures other crap going on.

I was on another board, where several times a year, a Pakistani educator in England, would come on, put out propaganda, on how all Muslims need to be educated only by other Muslims, in England.  Full segregation of students (and not just Muslim girls).  I told him he was an idiot, that assimilation did happen in the US with many kinds of immigrants, Jews from E Europe for example.  But Muslims think they are special.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sal1981

First time I see the mention of "Trojan Horse" as a narrative device in this manner.

Baruch

The English Muslim poster I mentioned, basically wants Muslims put into Jewish ghettos, minus the Jews of course.  Anti-assimilationists ... could be driven by paranoia more than politics (control of the Muslim community by isolating it).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 21, 2017, 06:15:01 AM
The English Muslim poster I mentioned, basically wants Muslims put into Jewish ghettos, minus the Jews of course.  Anti-assimilationists ... could be driven by paranoia more than politics (control of the Muslim community by isolating it).

I'm not one for isolation. I'm one for 'if you can't adapt to the new place you live, fuck off back to where it suits you"

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 21, 2017, 06:46:03 AM
I'm not one for isolation. I'm one for 'if you can't adapt to the new place you live, fuck off back to where it suits you"

Muslim politicians are just as crooked as ours, and even if they live in England already.  Think of Tony Blair in a turban.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

I believe that Muslims come to the west by the millions for two reasons:
One is for the free living, many but not all are on welfare
The other is the hijra or religious imperative to spread Islam.

In Europe we have the so called refugee crisis. It is not a crisis at all.
It was planned decades ago and it is now executed according to that plan.

I have written some time ago about Eurabia in the making. It is getting to its final stages.

MEDEA

http://balder.org/avisartikler/Barcelona-Declaration-Euro-Mediterranean-English.php
QuoteFor 12 years now European politicians and media have remained entirely silent about the formidable Euromediterranean Project. And, in fact, it even began already in 1973 with the European - Arab Dialogue, which was nothing but submission to Islam (Bat Ye´or: Eurabia 2005).

The EU grants free movement to muslims from 9 countries into Europe. Thereby, the EMP will change our demographic composition and so our ancient European culture, religion and identity into a totally foreign and unwanted Islamic identity in a few years after this opening of the floodgates to a rapidly increasing desperate and fanatic Islamic birth surplus without room or means to survive at home. Already now Muslim birth rates in Europe threaten the survival of European culture.

http://www.ilo.org/brussels/ilo-and-eu/euro-mediterranean-partnership/lang--en/index.htm

EuroMesco

Union for the Mediterranean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK-U6Eaiz3g

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 21, 2017, 10:34:09 AM
Only one potentially credible source there, and you are really going to smart off after posting Briebart and a blog as "credible"?

That definitely explains a lot though.

Yes, it explains the fact no matter whats given to you, nothing will make you look at something another way, held in a bubble of your own virtue signalling.

I've not yet found a counter point to the headline however, discrediting it as having happened, besides your eloquent disbelief. 

I don't even know what brieitbart is as far as news sites go, i've never used it before, and it was just there in the google search. I don't even need it as a source when theres even more coming.

http://freethinker.co.uk/2017/02/20/muslim-parents-are-allegedly-ganging-up-on-oldham-teacher/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/headteacher-forced-work-home-after-9850625
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/19/second-islamist-trojan-horse-scandal-feared-oldham-headteacher/

of course, you don't actually check the sources do you? I mean you ask for them, but all you do is look at the address bar and don't bother to click on them. you take one look at something like the name Breitbart, and conclude it all the far rights agenda to make all minorities look bad, oh those poor followers of islam.

Shiranu

Quoteof course, you don't actually check the sources do you? I mean you ask for them, but all you do is look at the address bar and don't bother to click on them. you take one look at something like the name Breitbart, and conclude it all the far rights agenda to make all minorities look bad, oh those poor followers of islam.

I checked the one potentially credible one, yes (The manchestereveningnews). But no, I don't look at Breitbart because it is not news... Steve Bannon, our adviser to the president who embraced the term "alt-right" and who is the one who proposed some of Trump's worst policies (as well as the late Brietbart himself who was just as shitty of person) is the current executive of Brietbart news. They are simply not a credible news source.

Likewise you are posting blogs (protip; not a credible news source) and tabloids. The only genuine news source you have posted again is the manchester one, but you need more than one source to be credible. Give me a Reuters, give me a BBC article, give me AP, Wall Street Journal... any of these that rigorously check their facts.

I will put this in non-political terms so you might see where I am coming from...

You believe the Earth is round. How would you feel if someone came in here and posted 5, 6 links about how the Earth was actually flat, with one of those sources at least coming from a scientific article and the rest from blogs and anti-round Earth sites? Would you find that evidence compelling? Would you berate people and say, "I bet you didn't even look at the articles! You just saw, "Anti-round Earth Society" in the title and immediately wrote them off!"? Would you accuse everyone else of  being biased for not looking at the links that are internationally known for being biased?

Do you think that shit would fly very far?

That is what you are doing right now, just replacing round earth with a political message.

Here's the other thing... I think there is a very good chance that it DID happen, but I don't just find a bunch of articles that confirm my opinion and not worry about getting a legitimate source to back it up. And that's the problem; time and time and time again articles that turn out to be complete bullshit get shared here, and everyone foams at the mouth about how Muslims, refugees, Christians, liberals, whatever did such and such and then just shuts their ears, says lalala, and pretends nothing ever happened when it's proven to be false.

That has happened multiple times, and it's always the exact same thing... every one just pisses off, no one apologizes and continues to be pissed off at a group over something that never happened.

I'm sorry, but you cant fucking come in here and talk about me looking the other way when that is such an endemic problem on this forum and that, when called on it, people never fucking acknowledge it.

Baruch

He said, she said won't get anyone, anywhere.  Unless you were there, in the room, when the headmistress was threatened ... then it never happened.  Putting two and two together ... is either prejudice, or conspiracy theory.  But nobody is saying that the Muslim antagonists in this story are Saudi agents.  We just know that the Saudis fund Islamic education, everywhere, including in the US.  Their fingerprints are everywhere.

In any case ... this is a civil case ... let the police take care of criminal threats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 21, 2017, 06:15:01 AM

That's a sign of insanity, I suspect.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!