News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Donald Trump... You Bought It

Started by Shiranu, February 19, 2017, 10:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

You might want to send this to anyone in your family, or anyone you know, who voted for Trump. (Thanks to Rosa Figueroa who posted this in response to one of my posts yesterday.)

1. He called Hillary Clinton a crook.
You bought it.
Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.

2. He said he'd release his tax returns, eventually.
You bought it.
He hasn't, and says he never will.

3. He said he'd divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest.
You bought it.
He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

4. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said.
You bought it.
He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

5. He said he'd surround himself with all the best and smartest people.
You bought it.
He nominated theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world's greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.

6. He said he'd be his own man, beholden to no one.
You bought it.
He then appointed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, whose only "qualifications" were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign.

7. He said he would "drain the swamp" of Washington insiders.
You bought it.
He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn't mean it.

8. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did.
You bought it.
He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.

9. He said Hillary Clinton couldn't be counted on in times of crisis.
You bought it.
He didn't even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.

10. He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times "fake news" and said they were his enemy.
You bought it.
He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.

11. He called Barack Obama "the vacationer-in-Chief" and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer's dime, not when there was so much important work to be done.
You bought it.
He took his first vacation after 11 days in office.
On the taxpayer's dime.
And went golfing.

And that's just the first month.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 20, 2017, 12:57:10 AM
I didn't buy it...

Anyone running for office is a politician ... and you get what you vote for (if you are a voter) and you might get what you pay for (if you are a plutocrat).  Sad seeing all the political toddlers waking up from their nap all cranky.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

I'm not sure what the point of this overly elaborate post is. I'm pretty certain that like maybe 1 or 2 people on this entire forum would have voted for trump, and even then haven't exactly expressed the fact they have, so who is this even aimed at?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 20, 2017, 07:44:23 AM
I'm not sure what the point of this overly elaborate post is. I'm pretty certain that like maybe 1 or 2 people on this entire forum would have voted for trump, and even then haven't exactly expressed the fact they have, so who is this even aimed at?

Saint Hillary is so opposite Devil Trump.  Not.  We will get 365 posts per day, 365 days per year, until President Pence takes over ... by all the Butthurt D and R people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Also, what business is it of ours who our family and friends vote for? My mother voted for the conservative party here, a party that in the past hasn't done much to represent gay rights, but her reasons are just on how he can't stand current labour, and I don't judge her for it.

It's pretty much hindsight at this moment anyway, since your only assuming Hillary would be better since trump won. At least be proud of the fact your country has a democracy, and your not being hunted down and arrested for posting negative comments about your countries leader, unlike in north Korea.

Baruch

People who want to assassinate their own uncle, their girlfriend, their brother ... of course want to be N Korea, provided they are the Fearless Leader.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 20, 2017, 11:31:48 AMI'm not sure what the point of this overly elaborate post is. I'm pretty certain that like maybe 1 or 2 people on this entire forum would have voted for trump, and even then haven't exactly expressed the fact they have, so who is this even aimed at?
It's fairly common to see criticisms of stuff that very few posters support - jihadism, theocracy, creationism, global warming denialism, etc.  I see no compelling reason why right-wing politics, especially the Trump brand, should be spared the same treatment.

Besides, sometimes "preaching to the choir" is useful in reminding people of things that they may have overlooked or in reaffirming a conclusion that people might've been iffy on.

QuoteIt's pretty much hindsight at this moment anyway, since your only assuming Hillary would be better since trump won.
Some of us have been arguing that waaay before Trump won.  And wouldn't you know it, it seems like it was entirely accurate given recent events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbd1TF90exo

QuoteAt least be proud of the fact your country has a democracy
A democracy with many flaws, ranging from corporate "speech" dwarfing the public's voices, skewed primaries, an archaic and intentionally antidemocratic electoral vote system, systematic bias against third parties, etc.

It's understandable to take pride in getting an A+.  It's less understandable to take pride in getting a C+ because someone else got an F-.

Sorginak

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on February 20, 2017, 01:43:27 PM
Neither did I.

Neither did I.  So happy that D people have awesome powers of prediction.  Some of us would be saying the same thing, right now ... if Hillarybots got their way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 20, 2017, 07:44:23 AM

Remember, if you aren't 100% for Hillary, then you are an enemy of the State (department).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteAlso, what business is it of ours who our family and friends vote for?

"What business of mine is it if my family or friend intentionally made an active choice to fuck people over?"

QuoteIt's pretty much hindsight at this moment anyway, since your only assuming Hillary would be better since trump won.

Please give me one good reason to think Hillary would have been as bad as Trump, and I will live stream me shoving a pineapple up my ass while whipping myself and wearing a horse mask.

QuoteAt least be proud of the fact your country has a democracy, and your not being hunted down and arrested for posting negative comments about your countries leader, unlike in north Korea.

Pr, is that you? Is Munich your alter ego so you can say North Korea instead of Saudi Arabia?

Seriously, what is this facination with saying, "Well, shitty country did x, so let's do y (which isn't quite as bad but still sucks donkey balls) and pat ourselves on the back because we are better than them!". I really don't get it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

That sounds like such a delightful challenge, but just like hindsight, you can't look into the multiverse and see the possibilities. Even if I present a list of possible outcomes to her presidency, your just counter each point, and the pineapple sits unused in the fruit bowl.

Also I can assure you, pr is his own entity.

fencerider

OP may be preachin to the choir, but lets put it in perspective.

I happen to know a few republicans who like what Trump is doing. They say he's doing a good job. I even heard one of them say yesterday that he's the best president we've had in years and he may be remembered as the best president in our history.

I don't know what these people are smokin, but I definitely gotta stop by their house and get me some. They musta got some really good stuff
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 20, 2017, 10:01:49 PMThat sounds like such a delightful challenge, but just like hindsight, you can't look into the multiverse and see the possibilities.
I have.

You'd be surprised at the number of them without people and other, darker things live here instead.  You can sometimes glimpse them out of the corner of your eyes but most people tune it out.  The people who don't tune it out well mostly just get frequent headaches or insomnia.

A lot of common spelling errors and misremembered historical facts are actually from people who were relocated from doomed worlds where that was the correct recollection.  One night, you're asleep and the next morning, you're in a 99.99% identical reality.  People get shuffled around a lot.

Also, a surprisingly large percentage of the human-inhabited Earths have China as the world's foremost superpower.  Especially post-WWII.  Also, theism is relatively uncommon.

Btw, this is Universe Golf Pigeon Vomit.  Universes are named with passphrases now because alphanumeric schemes grew too complex and too difficult to remember.  This universe is a pretty big departure from the norm.  As the name suggests, it's not a popular place.  It's the universe other people hope they aren't relocated to.  It's not the absolute worst, but it's towards the bottom of the good ones.