News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by HumanBN, February 19, 2017, 11:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HumanBN

Hi, My name is Aaron.  I was raised in a semi-fundamentalist household.  I say "semi-fundamentalist" because I wasn't taught to believe every word in the bible should be taken as literally true.  There was never any debate in my house about whether any scientific theories are valid.  I was in my teens before I heard of young earthers.  But, then I was taught to believe that Noah really did build an ark and two of every species on the planet traveled to the desert, climbed onto the ark and then floated around for a while before repopulating the planet.  Anyway, I don't want to write a long post.  Especially since this is an introduction.  I'm just looking for some conversation with other people who may have had similar experiences to mine. 
I don't claim there is no God; I only claim that if there is, I don't know him.

Mike Cl

Welcome, Aaron.  You should have fun here.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

Hi & welcome to AF.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.

Not raised by a strongly religious household. But we can still listen.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Ro3bert

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Welcome,

I got the Noah story in Sunday School in the Lutheran Church.  Not sure if Lutherans actually believe it or not.  Some do, I suppose.

Unbeliever

Hey, the Lutherans can't have the story of Noah's Ark! Only us Southern Baptists can have that story! We have the only God-tested True religion!

Y'all can have the Sodom and Gomorrah story, though, if you want it...   

Oh, hi HumanBN!  :azn:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

AdmissionPro321

Hello, everyone. This is new member here.. want to stay in this forum..

------------------
*link removed*

-PickelledEggs

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AdmissionPro321 on March 25, 2017, 03:39:18 AM
Hello, everyone. This is new member here.. want to stay in this forum..

------------------
*link removed*

-PickelledEggs

How's it going, AP.

Between your spammy name and your post with no other content than a link that pretty much matches your name, you wreak of spam-bot. Care to clear that up? Full ban will be implemented if you can not successfully clarify that you are not or fail to respond.

Sorginak

Welcome, but.....

Did Aaron ever return?

PickelledEggs