I have a beef with the conduct of this forum, lately.

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, February 18, 2017, 07:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

I take exception to a few key aspects of AtheistForums.com's imprecations. Here, I deviate from the standard formula of coddling the usual victims and lionizing the usual heroes to point out that I feel that writing this letter is like celestial navigation. Before directional instruments were invented, sailors navigated the seas by fixing their compass on the North Star. However, if AtheistForums.com were to trick them into fixing their compass on the wrong star they'd soon be so off-course that they'd actually be willing to help it fan the flames of tuchungism into a planet-spanning inferno. No matter how bad you think AtheistForums.com's communiqués are, I assure you that they are far, far worse than you think.

The suggestion that the only way to expand one's mind is with drugsâ€"or maybe even chocolateâ€"is wrong, absurd, and offensive. Nevertheless, AtheistForums.com's lieutenants like to suggest such things to distract attention from the truth, which is that AtheistForums.com has recently been going around claiming that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. You really have to tie your brain in knots to be gullible enough to believe that junk. Let me give you some important advice: Don't let AtheistForums.com define you. Instead, show it that you're in control by pointing out that the emperor has no clothes on. I maintain that even the most unassertive milquetoast should be able to do something like that. At a minimum, you should remember that AtheistForums.com is planning to champion censorship in the name of free speech, intolerance in the name of tolerance, and oppression in the name of freedom. This does not bode well for the future because if it were up to me, I would create a political atmosphere in which the zero-sum model of group competition gives way to coalitions among groups so that they can work together to weaken the critical links in its nexus of intrusive lexiphanicism. At a minimum, I would like to see more people acknowledge that there is a simple answer to the question of what to do about AtheistForums.com's analects. The difficult part is in implementing the answer. The answer is that we must unveil the semiotic patterns that AtheistForums.com utilizes to exert more and more control over other individuals.

Everything I've said so far is by way of introduction to the key point I want to make in this letter. My key point is that I love hearing the claims of a puzzleheaded libertine who doesn't realize that it's a puzzleheaded libertine. As a case in point, consider AtheistForums.com's claim that what I call shiftless fanatics should be given absolute authority to trick us into trading freedom for serfdom. Such claims always make me laugh because, as we all know, it is received wisdom for most of AtheistForums.com's apparatchiks that AtheistForums.com acts in the name of equality and social justice. Stated differently, its sycophants have been waxing stridently about Pyrrhonism, AtheistForums.com's hate sheets, and why AtheistForums.com should grant a free ride to the undeserving. Meanwhile, I have been creating greater public understanding of the damage caused by AtheistForums.com's fairy tales. What do I hope to achieve by doing such a thing? I hope to achieve widespread recognition that I've tried to explain to AtheistForums.com's audacious apple-polishers that by opting for the easy, short-term, feel-good path, AtheistForums.com will trick academics into abandoning the principles of scientific inquiry in a lustrum or two. As could be expected, they were a bit slow on the uptake. I just couldn't get them to comprehend that I am tired of hearing or reading that AtheistForums.com is simply misunderstood and is actually interested only in peace. You know that that is simply not true.

The irony is that AtheistForums.com's most offensive platitudes are also its most vengeful. As the French say, “Les extremes se touchent.” AtheistForums.com extricates itself from difficulty by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice. AtheistForums.com not only lies but brags about its lying to its cultists. Human nature being what it is, it is not surprising that I'm willing to accept that AtheistForums.com is so thoroughly cocksure that it's an expert on everything from aardvarks to zymurgy that it's even willing to concentrate all the wealth of the world into its own hands. I'm even willing to accept that its shenanigans represent a new witless ethos that viperine clunks will eventually use to steal the fruits of other people's labor. But only the impartial and unimpassioned mind will even consider that AtheistForums.com has been stamping out the last vestiges of academic freedom, scholarly autonomy, and freedom of research and teaching in our nation's universities. Should doing so buy it the right to dialogue, negotiation, concessions, and power? I say no because AtheistForums.com has been surprisingly successful at convincing egocentric erastophiliacs that it serves as wisdom to the mighty and succor to the brave. It's shameful that so many people have bought into this nonsense. It's even more shameful that AtheistForums.com appears to have found a new tool to use to help it create widespread hysteria. That tool is vandalism, and if you watch it wield it you'll undoubtedly see why its publicity stunts are based on two fundamental errors. They assume that parochialism can quell the hatred and disorder in our society, and they promote the mistaken idea that it has answers to everything.

I find that I am embarrassed. I am embarrassed that some people just don't realize that AtheistForums.com dreams of a time when they'll be free to interfere with the most important principles of democracy. That's the way it's planned it, and that's the way it'll happenâ€"not may happen but will happenâ€"if we don't interfere, if we don't arraign it at the tribunal of public opinion.

For the record, I've run into some distressing examples of confirmation bias among AtheistForums.com's attendants. For instance, they think that AtheistForums.com has the trappings of deity. Interestingly, though, they fail to notice that whenever AtheistForums.com hears that grossly noxious school dropouts are displaying an irreconcilable hatred toward all nations, AtheistForums.com puts on its usual kabuki of feigned outrage. In private, however, it secretly supports such activities. Even worse, AtheistForums.com is the type of organization that turns up its nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter such as why it would be good for it to ridicule, parody, censor, and downgrade opposing ideas. It may seem to many people, maybe even the majority, that if AtheistForums.com's excuses were intended as a joke, AtheistForums.com forgot to include the punchline. AtheistForums.com has asked its followers to give an air of scientific impartiality to biased judgments. (There's no explicit mention of creating some lecherous, pseudo-psychological profile of me to discredit my opinions, but that's there too if you read between the lines.) This scares me because AtheistForums.com has vowed that in the blink of an eye it'll replace Robert's Rules of Order with “facilitated consensus building” at all important meetings. This is hardly news; AtheistForums.com has been vowing that for months with the regularity of a metronome. What is news is that its collaborators believe that the government's policies should be at odds with the will of the people. It should not be surprising that they believe this, however. As we all know, minds that have been so maimed that they believe that the purpose of education is to induce correct opinion rather than to search for wisdom and liberate the mind can believe anything, especially if it's false.

AtheistForums.com indubitably believes that it has a duty to conceal the facts and lie to the rest of us, under oath if necessary, perjuring itself to help disseminate the True Faith of academicism. It has apparently constructed a large superstructure of justifications for this a priori conclusion. I guess that shouldn't be too surprising given that if AtheistForums.com thinks its perorations represent progress, it should rethink its definition of progress. All I'm trying to do here is indicate in a rough and approximate way the stultiloquent tendencies that make AtheistForums.com want to show a clear lack of respect not just for those brave souls who fought and died for what they believed in but also for you, the readers of this letter. It's my hunch that AtheistForums.com likes skewering me over a pit barbecue, which puts it somewhere between a tetchy, rabid lumpenproletariat and a despicable, self-centered slug on the privatism org chart. The best thing about AtheistForums.com is the way that it encourages us to investigate the development of antiheroism as a concept. No, wait; AtheistForums.com doesn't encourage that. On the contrary, it discourages us from admitting that what I find frightening is that some academics actually believe its line that the peak of fashion is to censor any incomplicitous bait-and-switch tactics. In this case, “academics” refers to a stratum of the residual intelligentsia surviving the recession of its demotic base, not to those seekers of truth who understand that despite AtheistForums.com's self-image as the primary civilizing force of modern times, AtheistForums.com hates youâ€"yes, you, because you, like me, want to address a number of important issues.

Of course, like many pertinacious woodenheads, AtheistForums.com is in the habit of repeating falsehoods about me that have already been refutedâ€"many times. I say “of course” because AtheistForums.com has recently been observed installing a puppet government that pledges allegiance to its abominable posse. There is an eerie parallel here with AtheistForums.com's previous attempts to discredit legitimate voices in the larrikinism debate. The only difference is that in this world, there are oppugnant bullies. There are salacious buffoons. There are rats who walk like men. And then there is AtheistForums.com. Of those, I insist that AtheistForums.com is the most petty because it is absolutely determined to believe that it should be a given a direct pipeline to the national treasury, and it's not about to let facts or reason get in its way.

AtheistForums.com's hatchet jobs are a load of bunk. I use this delightfully pejorative term, “bunk”â€"an alternative from the same page of my criminal-slang lexicon would serve just as wellâ€"because AtheistForums.com's debauched janissaries accept on faith that AtheistForums.com is clean and bright and pure inside. AtheistForums.com may mean well, but it fully intends to lead people towards iniquity and sin. But that's not enough, not for it. AtheistForums.com will additionally carve out space in the mainstream for annoying, disrespectful politics, which is why I avouch that if it were true, as it claims, that bad things “just happen” (i.e., they're not caused by AtheistForums.com itself), then I wouldn't be saying that I must protest its use of raffish rumormongers to achieve its froward goals. If, after hearing facts like that, you still believe that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us, then there is decidedly no hope for you.

Here are a few points to ponder:

1.    AtheistForums.com should slither back under whatever rock it crawled out from.
2.    AtheistForums.com's indifference only adds to the problem.
3.    AtheistForums.com needs to stop living in a fool's paradise.

Those points may at first seem unrelated, but when you connect the dots it becomes clear that I am more than merely surprised by AtheistForums.com's willingness to force us to experience the full spectrum of the AtheistForums.com Rainbow of Desperadoism. I'm shocked, shocked. And, as if that weren't enough, I and AtheistForums.com part company when it comes to the issue of gnosticism. It feels that you and I are objects for it to use then casually throw away and forget like old newsprint that's performed its duty catching bird droppings while I allege that it's our responsibility to break the mold and stray from the path of conventional wisdom. That's the first step in avoiding the extremes of a pessimistic naturalism and an optimistic humanism by combining the truths of both, and it's the only way to shoo it away like the annoying bug that it is. Although AtheistForums.com feels obligated to protect the members of its phalanx of ugly tricksters from the great unwashed, unorganized mass of people like me who embrace diversity, we are here to gain our voice in this world, and whether or not it approves, we will continue to be heard.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

I am going to make this short but sweet: I'm by no means the first person to expose Mr. Hijiri Byakuren III as an infelicific criticaster. However, it's still somewhat rare for anyone to state publicly that honest people will admit that his incessant word-mongering makes me think that Mr. Byakuren's communiqués ebb and flow with the tides of serfism. Concerned people are not afraid to get us out of the hammerlock in which Mr. Byakuren is holding us. And sensible people know that Mr. Byakuren keeps saying that he is clean and bright and pure inside. For some reason, Mr. Byakuren's functionaries actually believe this nonsense. When writing this letter, I had originally intended to segregate the pure errors of fact in his comments from the assertions of questionable judgment where there could be room for dispute. I eventually decided against that approach because Mr. Byakuren recently got caught red-handed trying to demand that loyalty to disreputable, hotheaded euphuists supersedes personal loyalty. Well, surprise, surprise, surprise, as Gomer Pyle would say.

It's unfortunate that Mr. Byakuren has no real education. It's impossible to debate important topics with someone who is so mentally handicapped. Many, many people have been hurt by him for daring to address the legitimate anger, fear, and alienation of people who have been mobilized by Mr. Byakuren because they saw no other options for change. In fact, there are so many such people that even listing their names would take more space than I can afford in this letter. In their honor, though, I will say that if Mr. Byakuren continues to abet ethnic genocide, dictatorships, and shambolic drongos, crime will escalate as schools deteriorate, corruption increases, and quality of life plummets. He likes to cite poll results that “prove” that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that I wonder what would happen if Mr. Byakuren really did compromise the things that define us, including integrity, justice, love, and sharing. There's a spooky thought.

I recently received quite a bit of flak from the local commentariat for reporting that Mr. Byakuren should have instructed his compadres not to lay the foundation for some serious mischief. The criticism I received is surprising because I was merely pointing out what is generally accepted, that Mr. Byakuren will stop at nothing to promulgate partisan prejudice against others. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, I once announced quite publicly that Mr. Byakuren is the devil incarnate. When I announced that, Mr. Byakuren could not be found for comment. Perhaps he was embarrassed that he can get away with lies (e.g., that the entire concept of happiness is a lie designed by unseen overlords of endless deceptive power) because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Mr. Byakuren is lying.

Mr. Byakuren's ideological colors may have changed over the years. Nevertheless, his core principle has remained the same: to deliver an additional blow to dignity and self-worth. If you don't believe me then note that I am not a robot. I am a thinking, feeling, human being. As such, I get teary-eyed whenever I see Mr. Byakuren display an irreconcilable hatred toward all nations. It makes me want to put forth new exertions and proportion all associated efforts to the exigency of the times, which is why I'm so eager to tell you that Mr. Byakuren is always trying to change the way we work. This annoys me because his previous changes have always been for the worse. I'm positive that Mr. Byakuren's new changes will be even more yawping because if we were to let him get away with nailing people to trees, that would be a gross miscarriage of justice.

Most of Mr. Byakuren's paroxysms are slanted in the same ideological fashion, with large amounts of emotional exaggeration and general ignorance, and that's one reason why I'm writing this letter. Mr. Byakuren alleges that everyone who fails to think and act in strict accordance with his requirements is a blinkered propagandist. While that happens to be pure fantasy from the world of make-believe, one important fact to consider is that the reason he wants to foster suspicionâ€"if not hatredâ€"of “outsiders” is that he's entirely pesky. If you believe you have another explanation for his nefarious behavior, then please write and tell me about it. His bruta fulmina will have consequencesâ€"very serious consequences. We ought to begin doing something about that. We ought to ring the bells of truth. We ought to spread the word that his tumid opuscula are a treasure trove of ad hominem attacks, malapert accusations, and biased reporting from a moralistic point of view. Now that's a rather crude and simplistic statement, and in many cases it may not even be literally true. But there is a sense in which it is generally true, a sense in which it decidedly expresses how he has recently been observed shoving angst-laden conformism down our collective throats. There is an eerie parallel here with Mr. Byakuren's previous attempts to slander those who are most systematically undervalued, underpaid, underemployed, underfinanced, underinsured, underrated, and otherwise underserved and undermined as undeserving and underclass. The only difference is that his circulars were never about tolerance and equality. That was just window dressing for the “innocents”. Rather, it's debatable whether I can say with absolute certitude that scores of people just like you have finally decided that they've had enough of Mr. Byakuren's annunciations. However, no one can disagree that I commend to your earnest and philosophical consideration his plan to take credit for others' accomplishments. I hardly need to add that Mr. Byakuren is an opportunist. That is, he is an ideological chameleon without any real morality, without a soul. I am troubled by Mr. Hijiri Byakuren III's constant exaggerations and half-truths. And that's why I say to you: Have courage. Be honest. And fight on the battleground of ideas for our inalienable individual rights. That's the patriotic thing to do, and that's the right thing to do.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

I am angry. Angry that events have transpired that lead me to write this statement. Here's how this letter works: I'll offer ideas and a theory to explain things. You bring your own experiences to bear on the matter of @Shiranu's flighty ideas, supplementing them where necessary with information from this letter. Together we will raise people's consciousness about Shiranu's sordid fibs. There is good reason to believe that Shiranu has announced a number of pro-censorship ideas on how to runâ€"or is that ruin?â€"everyone's life. Sad, but true. And it'll only get worse if Shiranu finds a way to hurt people's feelings.

Shiranu doesn't care about freedom as it can neither sell it nor put it in the bank. It's just a word to it. Shiranu has quite a clever technique for concealing its intent to deliver the atrocities of insurrectionism to the world. Specifically, its technique is to delve into philological discussions about comparative abstractive norms whenever the conversation veers too close towards revealing that I have in fact told it that it is begging the question when it says that a book's value to the reader is somehow influenced by the color of the author's skin. Unfortunately, there really wasn't anything to its response. I suppose Shiranu just doesn't want to admit that its pickthanks are engaged in perpetual one-upmanship over who more deeply enjoys its quips. These are the sorts of people who can't stomach the fact that now that I've been exposed to Shiranu's recommendations I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps if we don't communicate and teach, then Shiranu will soon become unstoppable. No borders will be able to detain it. No united global opinion will be able to isolate it. No international police or juridical institutions will be able to interdict it.

Over the past couple of years I have had occasion to evaluate Shiranu's crusades in terms of their ability to distract people from making a serious analysis of the situation. What I have discovered shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that honor means nothing to Shiranu. Principles mean nothing to Shiranu. All it cares about is how best to make widespread accusations and insinuations without having the facts to back them up. Shiranu always demands instant gratification. That's all that is of concern to it. Nothing else mattersâ€"except maybe to destroy the natural beauty of our parks and forests. I tell you this because I've repeatedly pointed out to Shiranu that its brinkmanship and tin-rattling is aimed at prodding the government into sanctioning its attempts to fracture family unity. That apparently didn't register with it, though. Oh, well; I guess Shiranu avows that undiscoverable, unmeasurable, magical forces from another plane of existence have given it superhuman wisdom. Come on, Shiranu; show some common sense for a change. In summary, there is considerable evidence to show that Shiranu is serious about wanting to misdirect, discredit, disrupt, and otherwise neutralize its detractors. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?

Hydra009

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2017, 07:38:06 PM
I am so confused right now.
Why?  It is crystal clear what Hijiri had to say, in an off-handed, opaque way, that is surprisingly courageous, and non-bodacious as only Hijiri can be, along with everybody else.  I got it. 

Only I don't really want it, so you can have it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 18, 2017, 07:37:17 PM
I am angry. Angry that events have transpired that lead me to write this statement. Here's how this letter works: I'll offer ideas and a theory to explain things. You bring your own experiences to bear on the matter of @Shiranu's flighty ideas, supplementing them where necessary with information from this letter. Together we will raise people's consciousness about Shiranu's sordid fibs. There is good reason to believe that Shiranu has announced a number of pro-censorship ideas on how to runâ€"or is that ruin?â€"everyone's life. Sad, but true. And it'll only get worse if Shiranu finds a way to hurt people's feelings.

Shiranu doesn't care about freedom as it can neither sell it nor put it in the bank. It's just a word to it. Shiranu has quite a clever technique for concealing its intent to deliver the atrocities of insurrectionism to the world. Specifically, its technique is to delve into philological discussions about comparative abstractive norms whenever the conversation veers too close towards revealing that I have in fact told it that it is begging the question when it says that a book's value to the reader is somehow influenced by the color of the author's skin. Unfortunately, there really wasn't anything to its response. I suppose Shiranu just doesn't want to admit that its pickthanks are engaged in perpetual one-upmanship over who more deeply enjoys its quips. These are the sorts of people who can't stomach the fact that now that I've been exposed to Shiranu's recommendations I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps if we don't communicate and teach, then Shiranu will soon become unstoppable. No borders will be able to detain it. No united global opinion will be able to isolate it. No international police or juridical institutions will be able to interdict it.

Over the past couple of years I have had occasion to evaluate Shiranu's crusades in terms of their ability to distract people from making a serious analysis of the situation. What I have discovered shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that honor means nothing to Shiranu. Principles mean nothing to Shiranu. All it cares about is how best to make widespread accusations and insinuations without having the facts to back them up. Shiranu always demands instant gratification. That's all that is of concern to it. Nothing else mattersâ€"except maybe to destroy the natural beauty of our parks and forests. I tell you this because I've repeatedly pointed out to Shiranu that its brinkmanship and tin-rattling is aimed at prodding the government into sanctioning its attempts to fracture family unity. That apparently didn't register with it, though. Oh, well; I guess Shiranu avows that undiscoverable, unmeasurable, magical forces from another plane of existence have given it superhuman wisdom. Come on, Shiranu; show some common sense for a change. In summary, there is considerable evidence to show that Shiranu is serious about wanting to misdirect, discredit, disrupt, and otherwise neutralize its detractors. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?

I cant even argue with that, that was pretty accurate actually.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

May I be cynical for a bit? I hope you don't mind, but with Hydra's latest barrage of domineering blandishments, I can't resist the urge to make a few cynical comments. For openers, Hydra is afflicted with what I call Nativism Addiction Disorder. Symptoms include loss of control, craving and withdrawal symptoms, social isolation, excessive financial debt, and an insatiable desire to effect complete and total control over every human being on the planet. The only known cure is for Hydra to admit that that's not the most frightening thing about him. Have you heard that Hydra has nothing intelligent to say? I find information like that disturbing on so many levels that I can't help but want to put the kibosh on Hydra's perorations.

It is disgraceful that, with a wink and a smile, Hydra has signified his approval of self-deluded, frowsy freebooters who wiretap all of our telephones and computers. I'm sincerely afraid of subhuman balloon heads, but, as you know, all he really wants is to hang onto the perks he's getting from the system. That's all he really cares about. The fact that it's about time for him to pay the piper is particularly striking because some of us have an opportunity to come in contact with unpleasant smatchets on a regular basis at work or in school. We therefore may be able to gain some insight into the way they think, into their values; we may be able to understand why they want to turn me, a typically mild-mannered person, into a violent vat of Satanism. On a more pedestrian level, a former member of Hydra's claque has called Hydra an impractical brownshirt. I admire this person's courage, but I disagree with his use of the term “impractical brownshirt”. It's not solely because Hydra is an impractical brownshirt that he has been turning back the clock and repealing all the civil rights and anti-discrimination legislation now on the books. Rather, he's been doing this because he has been trying to convince us that at birth every living being is assigned a celestial serial number or frequency power spectrum. This pathetic attempt to put a clog on all attempts to limit his power deserves no comment other than to say that even if one is opposed to militant Jacobinism (as I am) then, surely, Hydra's associates are quick to point out that because Hydra is hated, persecuted, and repeatedly laughed at, he is the real victim here. The truth is that, if anything, Hydra is a victim of his own successâ€"a success that enables Hydra to palm off our present situation as the compelling ground for worldwide Fabianism.

Given the amount of misinformation that Hydra is circulating, I must point out that he has offered to deter his forces from worsening an already unstable situation. Did he follow through with that? No, of course not. This failure may be Hydra's most consequential broken promise. It suggests that perhaps it's clear enough that Hydra knew of his cohorts' plans to lead people towards iniquity and sin. However, Hydra contented himself with a private, pro forma call for restraintâ€"in other words, a green light. This call may even have encouraged his cohorts' actions by obscuring the fact that I fully intend to summon up the courage to put Hydra in his place. I will spare no labor in doing this and reckon no labor lost that brings me toward this mark. Even so, Hydra will do everything in his power to get me to drop to my knees and beg for mercy. I don't have to take that lying down. That's why I'm going to tell you a little story about how if you'll allow me a minor dysphemism, Hydra's morally questionable, bleeding-heart conclusions are the cherry atop the prissy sundae of sadism. Or, to phrase that a little more politely, Hydra has been trying hard to convince us that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. He doubtlessly has a knack for refining snake oil to unprecedented purity, potency, and opacity, doesn't he? In any case, the impact of Hydra's dimwitted positions is exactly that predicted by the Book of Revelation. Evil will preside over the land. Injustice will triumph over justice, chaos over order, futility over purpose, superstition over reason, and lies over truth. Only when humanity experiences this Hell on Earth will it fully appreciate that Hydra says that he wants to make life better for everyone. Lacking a coherent ideology, however, Hydra always ends up making individuals indifferent to the survival of their families.

Hydra skirts rules and regulations at every opportunity. And that's where we are right now. He has been trying hard to protect what has become a lucrative racket for him. Unfortunately, that lucrative racket has a hard-to-overlook consequence: it will rob us of our lives, our health, our honor, and our belongings some day.

While I know very little about ultra-squalid pococurantes, I do know that I've run into some distressing examples of confirmation bias among Hydra's spokesmen. For instance, they think that advertising is the most veridical form of human communication. Interestingly, though, they fail to notice that Hydra is trying to get us to acquiesce to a Faustian bargain. In the short term this bargain may help us suggest the kind of politics and policies that are needed to restore good sense to this important debate. Unfortunately, in the long term it will enable Hydra to leave us in the lurch.

I know that I'm emotional now, but many of us are too naïve and trusting. It takes a lot of convincing to get us to see a person as inherently truculent or inherently witless. Alas, Hydra is doing all he can to provide us with unmistakable proof that he is inherently both. For instance, Hydra says that everything he says is absolutely and entirely true. I've seen more plausible things scrawled on the bathroom walls in elementary schools. He cannot tolerate the world as it is. He needs to live in a world of fantasies. To be more specific, Hydra is unhappy that people like me want to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate. Such cavils notwithstanding, if you think that parochialism forms the core of any utopian society, then think again.

If Hydra makes fun of me or insults me I hear it, and it hurts. But I take solace in the fact that I am still able to issue a call to conscience and reason. His mercenaries must be exposed and neutralized wherever they lurk. Some people might object to that claim, and if they do, my response is: His delitescent goal is to inure us to crazy, sordid caciquism. The toll in human suffering and the loss of innocent lives that will ensue are clearly nonissues for him. Hydra knows perfectly well that my general opposition to neopaganism is what leads me to contribute to the intellectual and spiritual health of the body politic. An obvious parallel from a different context is that there are some basic biological realities of the world in which we live. These realities are doubtless regrettable, but they are unalterable. If Hydra finds them intolerable and unthinkable, the only thing that I can suggest is that he try to flag down a flying saucer and take passage for some other solar system, possibly one in which the residents are oblivious to the fact that by brainwashing his shock troops with communism, Hydra makes them easy to lead, easy to program, and easy to enslave.

Without checks and balances, the most reprehensible jobsworths you'll ever see are free to convert lush forests into arid deserts. (Read as: Hydra's madness is the direct consequence of self-hatred, false assumptions about society, and stupidity.) Only through education can individuals gain the independent tools they need to reach out to others who share a commitment to a just society. But the first step is to acknowledge that the ultimate aim of his pontifications is to restructure society as a pyramid with Hydra at the top, Hydra's henchmen directly underneath, presumptuous meatheads beneath them, and the rest of at the bottom. This new societal structure will enable Hydra to make mountains out of molehills, which makes me realize that the gloss that his confederates put on his roorbacks unfortunately does little to act honorably.

Hydra, already oppressive with his conceited, clumsy viewpoints, will perhaps be the ultimate exterminator of our human speciesâ€"if separate species we beâ€"for his reserve of unguessed horrors could never be borne by mortal brains if loosed upon the world. If you think that that's a frightening thought then consider that Hydra's invidious, inattentive torchbearers fundamentally believe that no one is smart enough to see through Hydra's transparent lies. Alas, this deeply held belief is fiction from start to finish. Every piece of evidence I can find makes it abundantly clear that it doesn't do us much good to become angry and wave our arms and shout about the evils of Hydra's press releases in general terms. If we want other people to agree with us and join forces with us, then we must struggle unceasingly against Hydra's unremitting stream of cacodoxies and slander. Given the tenor of our times, if we let Hydra abridge our basic civil liberties, all we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization. When we tease apart the associations necessary to his footling calumnies, we see that he knows that performing an occasional act of charity will make some people forgiveâ€"or at least overlookâ€"all of his disaffected excesses. My take on the matter is that if Hydra continues to challenge all I stand for, I will unequivocally be obliged to do something about him. And you know me: I never neglect my obligations.

I happen to believe that what really irks me is that Hydra has presented us with a Hobson's choice. Either we let him corrupt our youth or he'll replace law and order with anarchy and despotism. If I hear his supporters say, “Hydra is the arbiter of all things” one more time, I'm going to throw up. The world is full of people who plunge the whole of Christendom into wars and chaos. We don't need any more people like that. What we need are people who are willing to fight Hydra with everything we've got. We need people who understand that Hydra claims that he's an irreplaceable shaman who can cure the sick, divine the hidden, and control events. You should realize that absolutely no empirical evidence obtained by scientific means exists to support that claim. Alas, that doesn't stop Hydra from crushing national and spiritual values out of existence and substituting the power-hungry and rotten machinery of authoritarianism. I'd like to finish with a quote from a private e-mail message sent to me by a close friend of mine: “I'm oversimplifying things a little here”.

SGOS

I'd like to join in, but I don't think my vocabulary is good enough for this thread.  Well, that, and I don't really have anything to say.

AllPurposeAtheist

Warning: The overuse of big words in a manner that doesn't make one fucking bit of sense leads to your prick overtaking your ability to actually think.
I have a hard time believing I wasted so much time reading this tripe, but I did.
I'm very rapidly losing interest in logging in.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 18, 2017, 09:40:09 PM
Warning: The overuse of big words in a manner that doesn't make one fucking bit of sense leads to your prick overtaking your ability to actually think.
I have a hard time believing I wasted so much time reading this tripe, but I did.
I'm very rapidly losing interest in logging in.
Your profundity is becoming nebulous.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

I would spend an inordinate amount of time (for a man of my age and technical expertise) to find that particular meme where the afric....negr....black a.....heavily tanned women says with an exasperated face......" I ain't got time for that shit!"
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

On Hijiri's post...

Atheistforums.com has refactored the theory of channels. The metrics for research and development are more well-understood if they are not turn-key. The capability to morph perfectly leads to the ability to innovate perfectly. We will optimize the term "cross-media". If all of this may seem dumbfounding to you, that's because it is! Without e-business, end-to-end performance, you will lack paradigms. Think granular. Your budget for branding should be at least one-half of your budget for e-enabling. What do we transition? Anything and everything, regardless of unimportance! We realize that if you actualize perfectly then you may also productize super-strategically. Our frictionless feature set is second to none, but our C2B2B eyeballs and non-complex operation is usually considered a remarkable achievement.

We here at Atheistforums.com think we know that it is better to matrix seamlessly than to architect virtually. We pride ourselves not only on our functionality, but our non-complex administration and easy use. A company that can unleash courageously will (at some point in the future) be able to engage easily. Your budget for transforming should be at least one-tenth of your budget for actualizing. Your budget for facilitating should be at least one-third of your budget for maximizing. The capability to reintermediate vertically leads to the aptitude to synergize intuitively. The reporting monitoring factor is frictionless. What does the term "revolutionary, sticky architectures" really mean? Think cyber-blog-based. We pride ourselves not only on our functionality, but our easy administration and simple use. A company that can repurpose fiercely will (one day) be able to architect fiercely. Your budget for evolving should be at least one-tenth of your budget for driving. What do we deliver? Anything and everything, regardless of humbleness!

Atheistforums.com has refactored the abstraction of compliance. We apply the proverb "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" not only to our M&A but our ability to transform. The capacity to target intuitively leads to the capability to generate proactively. If all of this may seem mixed-up to you, that's because it is! We pride ourselves not only on our affiliate-based feature set, but our newbie-proof administration and easy configuration. We pride ourselves not only on our feature set, but our simple administration and simple use. Is it more important for something to be extensible or to be compelling? Think viral. If all of this may seem terrific to you, that's because it is! Is it more important for something to be one-to-one or to be next-generation?

Have you ever wanted to engage your extensible feature set? Instantly? What does the jargon-based term "client-focused, revolutionary sexy world-class magnetic accounting" really mean? It sounds dumbfounding, but it's 100 percent realistic! If all of this seems mixed-up to you, that's because it is! We think that most front-end portals use far too much XSLT, and not enough XForms. We frequently brand proactive CAE. That is a remarkable achievement taking into account this year's conditions! What does the standard industry buzzword "aggregation" really mean? We realize that it is better to actualize compellingly than to redefine vertically. The deliverables factor can be summed up in one word: enterprise. If you e-enable transparently, you may have to integrate ultra-dynamically.

It sounds disorienting, but it's true!

We here at Atheistforums.com have proven we know that it is better to syndicate cyber-holistically than to recontextualize seamlessly. What does the term "scalable implementation" really mean? We will iterate the term "innovative". If you incentivize interactively, you may have to unleash robustly. Think e-business, customized, six-sigma, B2B, subscriber-defined. Think visionary. Think interactive. But don't think all three at the same time. We pride ourselves not only on our functionality, but our easy administration and simple use. Think ultra-e-business. We think that most frictionless portals use far too much Unix, and not enough PNG. The metrics for bloatware metrics are more well-understood if they are not killer, efficient. What does the industry jargon "granular" really mean? What does the term "synergies" really mean? Our functionality is second to none, but our resource-constrained, bricks-and-clicks, C2C2B eyeballs and simple use is frequently considered an amazing achievement.

We here at Atheistforums.com think we know that it is better to benchmark virtually than to visualize dynamically. We believe we know that if you envisioneer magnetically then you may also utilize micro-nano-strategically. It comes off as astonishing, but it's accurate! Without intra-infinitely reconfigurable biometrics, you will lack six-sigma branding. Your budget for synergizing should be at least one-third of your budget for transforming. If all of this may seem unbelievable to you, that's because it is! We often enable real-time implementation. That is a remarkable achievement considering this fiduciary term's cycle! Quick: do you have a e-business plan for monitoring new paradigms? We pride ourselves not only on our feature set, but our easy administration and newbie-proof configuration. The power to drive seamlessly leads to the aptitude to deliver efficiently.