News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The unintelligence of AI

Started by Baruch, February 16, 2017, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 08:36:38 AM
And we sometimes wonder why there aren't more women here...  GAAK!

Not even you can tolerate real honesty ... with children here, it would be Sesame Street.  With more women here, it would be Ladies Home Journal.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, if you are a child or a woman.  But not in my man cave!  I don't consider sex to be a sin.  But I choose not to use some of the more inventive devices ... though Munch talks about them ... and then there is that recent string on how great prostitution is ;-)

You missed all the posts of pedophilia, the year before you joined ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

The word "pedophilia" sounds like it should refer to someone with a foot fetish...

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 02, 2017, 07:10:10 PM
The word "pedophilia" sound like it should refer to someone with a foot fetish...

Actual foot massage is very conducive to positive and relaxed relationships.  Jesus washed his disciple's feet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:58:15 PM
Not even you can tolerate real honesty ... with children here, it would be Sesame Street.  With more women here, it would be Ladies Home Journal.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, if you are a child or a woman.  But not in my man cave!  I don't consider sex to be a sin.  But I choose not to use some of the more inventive devices ... though Munch talks about them ... and then there is that recent string on how great prostitution is ;-)

You missed all the posts of pedophilia, the year before you joined ;-(

I disagree.  I try to live in real honesty and reply regardless of participants.

If there were children here, I would speak to them as an adult (kindly).  If there were more women here, I would speak to them as equals.  I've never had a problem with that.

My only objection is to theists.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 04, 2017, 01:47:51 AM
I disagree.  I try to live in real honesty and reply regardless of participants.

If there were children here, I would speak to them as an adult (kindly).  If there were more women here, I would speak to them as equals.  I've never had a problem with that.

My only objection is to theists.

Good for you.  So "aping atheist rhetoric" ... if you have gotten rid of every bigotry same one ... then you have only one more bigotry to lose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 02, 2017, 07:10:10 PM
The word "pedophilia" sound like it should refer to someone with a foot fetish...

That's podophilia.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 27, 2017, 04:54:18 PM
Here's Sophia, a somewhat lifelike robot
"Lifelike, but not alive?" - Bernard

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 04, 2017, 10:52:14 AM

A materialist is like Pygmalion, the Cypriote who carved a woman from stone, and prayed to Aphrodite to make her into a real woman.  This is a very old story.  American reliance on automation in warfare ... from Talos, the bronze mechanical man, who guarded the coasts of Crete for King Minos ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNg4KZKG96o
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 04, 2017, 10:52:14 AM
I guess it's similar to how a planet can be "earth-like" without being anything like what we could live on.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 02, 2017, 08:42:53 PM
Actual foot massage is very conducive to positive and relaxed relationships.  Jesus washed his disciple's feet.
And Bugs Bunny often washed Daffy Duck's feet.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 06, 2017, 03:24:23 PM
I guess it's similar to how a planet can be "earth-like" without being anything like what we could live on.

I can't live in an under-sea volcanic vent, but there is life that can.  That is pretty alien.  But the rocks in the vent would still be categorized as un-alive.  A sci-fi horta is rock-like ... but living.  A rock that just sits there while the Federation mines it, not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 06, 2017, 03:24:23 PM
It's a Westworld reference.  The point of the quote is to suggest that there's no clear dividing line between an extremely human-like robot and an actual human.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S94ETUiMZwQ[/spoiler]

Baruch

Nihilists would agree that consciousness doesn't exist, so would Buddhists.  Pow!  They need their lights put out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 06, 2017, 08:16:11 PM
It's a Westworld reference.  The point of the quote is to suggest that there's no clear dividing line between an extremely human-like robot and an actual human.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S94ETUiMZwQ[/spoiler]

My understanding of "earthlike" means a rocky world, in a zone allowing some amount of liquid water, with a gravity we could survive and an atmosphere we could survive.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 02:23:53 AM
My understanding of "earthlike" means a rocky world, in a zone allowing some amount of liquid water, with a gravity we could survive and an atmosphere we could survive.

You are clearly not an AI ... you are intelligent (see OP).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.