News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The unintelligence of AI

Started by Baruch, February 16, 2017, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2017, 08:45:39 AM
Let Bill give away all his money ... charitable foundations (see Clinton Foundation) are tax dodges and scams (but hate Trump for doing tax dodging) ... and then let him join a Catholic monastery ... then I will be impressed.  His coding?  He stole Basic from Dartmouth, put it on a ROM, and sold it in Albuquerque for simoleons, where he got busted for drunk driving.  Oh he's a college drop out too, genius.  He hired a different guy, to rip of CPM, which is where DOS came from ... because he isn't that good a coder.  He is a businessman, one of the most rapacious around ... so go tell our new Marxist, how you would love to rip off billions of dollars from millions of people.  Mind you, I am not anti-capitalist ... I am pro-crime, and so I am pro-Bill.  i want you to lose everything, into my bank account, or that of my associates ... because as a "mark" you always need educating about white collar crime.  Also, like the liars at Apple, including Steve, he compromised his products, to avoid anti-trust, and that is why the Feds can read all your stuff on your computer, your game console, your phone ... and make it look like the Russians did it.  And making things in China, the Chinese government can read all your stuff too.  Ah yes ... military intelligence and business ethics ... so impressive ;-))

Woah!  Have you gone full blown conspiracy theorist now?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason78 on March 12, 2017, 01:30:04 PM
What do you mean, "now"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on March 12, 2017, 01:30:04 PM

Wikileaks and Edward Snowden etc going back to the Church Congressional hearings of the 1970s ... all lies I tell you!  BTW ... keep it up, maybe Chairman Bill (who will get a waxed corpse mausoleum like Lenin and Mao) won't send you to the MS gulag.  The Apple gulag is more hip and costs more.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 12, 2017, 12:56:34 PM
So Fucking What

Fake news!  I searched Bing ... and it, and Seri, says you are wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I guess the non-programmers don't understand that going from an Apple IIe with a 2Mhz processor to a smart phone with a 4Ghz goes a long way toward making the machine look intelligent. What you don't see when you look at your smart phone is all the head bangin of the programmer that went into making it look like it is smart. If your smart phone was as smart as it appears to be, there would be no such thing as viruses or computer fraud.

I think you call AI the work of programmers put in a box for people that don't know programming.

Course if you still want to think your phone is smart I can play along. Your phone can simultaneously launch 4 Apollo rockets.... if somebody writes the program. It could also simultaneously launch, at least, 2 Space Shuttles.... if somebody writes the program.

would really suck for the battery on yur phone to die 10sec after launch.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Quote from: fencerider on April 11, 2017, 01:47:52 AMIf your smart phone was as smart as it appears to be, there would be no such thing as viruses or computer fraud.
The "smart" in smartphone refers to the fact that it is a computer running an operating system, not that it is intelligent.  Unsurprisingly, a computer is vulnerable to computer viruses and a computer can be used to commit computer fraud.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 11, 2017, 03:24:55 AM
The "smart" in smartphone refers to the fact that it is a computer running an operating system, not that it is intelligent.  Unsurprisingly, a computer is vulnerable to computer viruses and a computer can be used to commit computer fraud.

Human beings always use Newspeak ... even if they aren't CIA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 30, 2017, 09:58:08 AM
https://iai.tv/video/what-machines-cant-do

A recent debate on AI .. from a great channel for debates

Meaningful AI is farther in the future than flying cars and moving sidewalks...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Here's Sophia, a somewhat lifelike robot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t6K9iwcdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg_tJvCA8zw

Pretty impressive, and a Saudi citizen, as well!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Those Saudis like their love dolls.  And the Media, as usual, shills for the Devil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 28, 2017, 02:46:34 PM
Those Saudis like their love dolls.  And the Media, as usual, shills for the Devil.

Define any existing "love dolls"...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 02:19:40 AM
Define any existing "love dolls"...

You don't get out much, do you?  These are very popular in Germany and Japan (wonder why) among the more wealthy geeks who can't date real girls, or are afraid of real prostitutes.  What do Arab men say about themselves?  All dick and no brains.  And they got this technology from Japan.  Japanese men are pretty horny, and German men are into S&M ... no lawsuits from abusing your love doll.  But don't worry if you aren't wealthy, you can always get a cheap blow-up from the Sex Store.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:08:44 AM
You don't get out much, do you?  These are very popular in Germany and Japan (wonder why) among the more wealthy geeks who can't date real girls, or are afraid of real prostitutes.  What do Arab men say about themselves?  All dick and no brains.  And they got this technology from Japan.  Japanese men are pretty horny, and German men are into S&M ... no lawsuits from abusing your love doll.  But don't worry if you aren't wealthy, you can always get a cheap blow-up from the Sex Store.

And we sometimes wonder why there aren't more women here...  GAAK!