News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The unintelligence of AI

Started by Baruch, February 16, 2017, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Tay, the teenage chatbot from a year ago, from Microsoft? Good example of what AI does when exposed to humans … it became a raving racist and Nazi. Microsoft had to shut it down after just a few days. They have a new chatbot now, Zo. Like all AI going back to the original chatbot, Eliza, an AI rogerian psychotherapist … it is human anthropomorphic projection, and fraud. There is no intelligence in a machine, unless somewhere, sometime, there was a human in the loop. The programer is not necessarily a good example of intelligence. The Google car that ran a red light, was not truly independent, it was teleoperated by a human driver.

I found an on-line version of Eliza. It said that what I said to it was interesting. So I stopped while I was ahead. And I didn’t have the heart to turn it into a raving Nazi ;-)  I chatted with it like I chat with real people here.

How does that work? I am a person in the loop, directly. The programmer is a person in the loop, indirectly. So in chatting with Eliza, I am indirectly talking to myself, using the programmer as an intermediary. Like looking into a fun house mirror … it is myself, but distorted by the wavy glass.  So it is no surprise I could get it to say what I said was interesting ... since I see myself that way (Preening).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

http://www.nextgov.com/emerging-tech/2017/03/artificial-intelligence-has-become-meaningless/135926/?oref=ng-HPriver

Where i go for fake news, and yes, most of it is fake ... corporate shilling and futurism BS.  But this article is actually correct.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Baruch, my man, you of all people starting a thread on chatbots and online AI conversing with people is just asking to have some potshots to be taken at you. You do know that, right? ;-)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 07, 2017, 10:57:23 AM
Baruch, my man, you of all people starting a thread on chatbots and online AI conversing with people is just asking to have some potshots to be taken at you. You do know that, right? ;-)

People are still fooled by The Turk and Clever Hans ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clever_Hans

There is always a human, behind the scenes pulling the strings.  Foolishness or fraud, your choice ;-)  We can hide the ghost in the machine better now, but it is still Caspar the friendly programmer ... if not an actual live human.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Baruch and his bullshit!

Microsoft Cognitive Services is a good example of what happens when AI is exposed to humans.  Why not check it out and find out a little more about how AI works?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on March 09, 2017, 06:44:19 PM
Baruch and his bullshit!

Microsoft Cognitive Services is a good example of what happens when AI is exposed to humans.  Why not check it out and find out a little more about how AI works?

You still use Microsoft products?  Sad.  Bill Gates is a god ... bow down and send him another billion dollars.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Artificial intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 10, 2017, 07:56:08 AM
Artificial intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Anyone who has coded a product, used by ordinary schlubs, knows this ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Baruch on March 09, 2017, 07:12:51 PM
You still use Microsoft products?  Sad.  Bill Gates is a god ... bow down and send him another billion dollars.

Bill Gates doesn't work for the company any more.   As far as I know he goes around using his billions to fund projects to help the poor and needy.

I could think of worse people to admire.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason78 on March 12, 2017, 06:02:51 AM
Bill Gates doesn't work for the company any more.   As far as I know he goes around using his billions to fund projects to help the poor and needy.

I could think of worse people to admire.
The I-spenttoomuch people will always hate Bill.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 12, 2017, 08:13:35 AM
The I-spenttoomuch people will always hate Bill.

Let Bill give away all his money ... charitable foundations (see Clinton Foundation) are tax dodges and scams (but hate Trump for doing tax dodging) ... and then let him join a Catholic monastery ... then I will be impressed.  His coding?  He stole Basic from Dartmouth, put it on a ROM, and sold it in Albuquerque for simoleons, where he got busted for drunk driving.  Oh he's a college drop out too, genius.  He hired a different guy, to rip of CPM, which is where DOS came from ... because he isn't that good a coder.  He is a businessman, one of the most rapacious around ... so go tell our new Marxist, how you would love to rip off billions of dollars from millions of people.  Mind you, I am not anti-capitalist ... I am pro-crime, and so I am pro-Bill.  i want you to lose everything, into my bank account, or that of my associates ... because as a "mark" you always need educating about white collar crime.  Also, like the liars at Apple, including Steve, he compromised his products, to avoid anti-trust, and that is why the Feds can read all your stuff on your computer, your game console, your phone ... and make it look like the Russians did it.  And making things in China, the Chinese government can read all your stuff too.  Ah yes ... military intelligence and business ethics ... so impressive ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 12, 2017, 09:28:58 AM
SFW?

I work for the government, so anything we do is safe for work.  Like Nixon, anything we do, is by definition ... legal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.