Will 'fake news' lead us all down the rabbit hole of censorship?

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 17, 2017, 10:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I believe the buzzword now is "alternative".  It's much more effective.  You can tell something is fake when  "fake" is actually found in the description.  But alternative news and alternative facts are not fake.  They are "alternatives."

Example:
Normal Fact:       1 + 1 = 2
Alternative Fact:  1 + 1 ≠ 2

In the above examples, the second one can not be identified as "fake" because it doesn't say it's fake.  It's simply "alternative", and therefore is indistinguishable from a normal fact.

Baruch

Fake means ... telling someone 1+1 doesn't equal 2.  Calculating 1+1 doesn't equal 2, is a mistake.  Mistakes happen, but fake is culpable.  Don't mistake epistemology for ethics.  This is all about ethics or the lack thereof, not about facts.

We don't even know for a fact, that Trump is President ... could be Pence, could be CIA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 17, 2017, 10:22:19 PMPizzagate is real and I will fight anyone who says otherwise (srs.)
What's your source and what convinced you that the source was correct? (srs question)

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2017, 12:35:03 PM
What's your source and what convinced you that the source was correct? (srs question)

Good question.  I put out a source, back in the "hidden section" some time ago, but I and everyone else pretty much doesn't believe it.  But that isn't the real problem, the real problem is Weiner, Huma, Bill, Hillary, Podesta (and his boyfriend) ... not that any sexual behavior by anyone should be sanctioned by anyone else.  There has been and remain a coterie of sexual deviates at the top of the Democratic party.  While I don't believe that gay behavior between consenting adults is liable, there are plenty of other sexual behaviors less consenting that should remain liable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

fake news....

Ok let's not forget the important stuff. The people who own news companies also have big stakes in other Wall st companies. It might be in their financial interest to fake news every once in a while. The CEOs of news organizations may also be CEOs in other places.

Donal Trump fake news...
Trump appears to be getting his brain washing from Fox TV. We can not forget that around 2002-2003 Fox won the right to lie on-air in our court system (I will try to find the case number)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 18, 2017, 06:29:30 AM
Nope ... there are no icky things on Weiner's laptop ... you've reviewed it with the FBI, right?

No, Trump is using fake news to support his unending campaign against the media who actually check facts and report on them.  When he says they are his real enemy, he is entirely correct.  Facts are his enemy.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!