News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Men in Black

Started by pr126, February 07, 2017, 07:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on February 09, 2017, 05:34:35 AM
Not necessarily. I am just not on the left.
I suppose that means I am "unhinged"?
Seeing what the left is determined to do all around the world, I think that I would count myself quite sane.

Of course you see it differently.

You're unhinged because you are sharing media that is akin to a satire website, but at the same time, it doesn't aim to be so. If you are not trolling/being a poe about this, you are unhinged from reality. This has nothing to do with your links being conservative. As Shiranu pointed out, there are many conservative sites that are WAY more reputable than what you're sharing with us.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on February 09, 2017, 05:34:35 AM
Not necessarily. I am just not on the left.
I suppose that means I am "unhinged"?
Seeing what the left is determined to do all around the world, I think that I would count myself quite sane.

Of course you see it differently.

Yes, a French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Chinese Revolution (1949 version) would be good for everyone.  They have never been liberal, never been in favor of free anything, including free speech.  They didn't just vanish when the Soviet Union failed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteMilo the Nazi guy? Do you have evidence or just repeating the party  line?

I am going to cut you slack since English isn't your native language, but that's not what I said. I said Trump (comma, new person), Milo (comma, new person), that nazi guy (comma, new person), whoever. When you are talking about three or more people, you use a comma to separate their names.

Now if I said Trump and Milo, that nazi guy, then you would be correct.

QuoteFreedom of speech to those who you approve of.
For Anyone else it is denied with extreme prejudice.
It seems that the left doesn't care much about democracy.

Calling people idiots = silencing.

Righty-o, snowflake.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Calling people idiots =/= silencing...

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 09, 2017, 04:37:09 PM
Calling people idiots =/= silencing...

I am quite proud of my own idiocy ... shameless in fact ;-)  So no point in calling me names.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

pr126

Shiranu wrote:

QuoteI am going to cut you slack since English isn't your native language, but that's not what I said. I said Trump (comma, new person), Milo (comma, new person), that nazi guy (comma, new person), whoever. When you are talking about three or more people, you use a comma to separate their names.

Really, I don't understand English properly? Cut me some slack?
Please, no need for condescending, Just stick to your usual ad hominems.

The left is calling virtually everyone they do not agree with as Nazis, fascist, white supremacist, especially Trump, the new Hitler

Shiranu

QuoteReally, I don't understand English properly? Cut me some slack?

Given your reading comprehension, yeah... you don't understand English very well. If that is genuine or intentional, I am not entirely sold on.

QuotePlease, no need for condescending, Just stick to your usual ad hominems.

Pet. Kahhtle. Blek.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2017, 06:52:45 PM
But is Antifa D false news or R false news?  Maybe even bipartisan?

I just saw evidence that computer software can now take a paragraph or 2 of spoken words and then lip-sych new words in that speaker's own voice.  Where is truth then, in the future?

I think I first read that idea in Brunner's 'The Sheep Look Up', but I can't find my copy to check.  It is a sad fact that I had to box up half my books a few years ago from lack of shelf space even when double-stacked.

Obviously, I need a bigger house...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 07:11:43 AM
I just saw evidence that computer software can now take a paragraph or 2 of spoken words and then lip-sych new words in that speaker's own voice.  Where is truth then, in the future?

I think I first read that idea in Brunner's 'The Sheep Look Up', but I can't find my copy to check.  It is a sad fact that I had to box up half my books a few years ago from lack of shelf space even when double-stacked.

Obviously, I need a bigger house...

You had the wrong job.  You  needed to be Library of Congress ;-)  I had software that read raw text way back in 1985.  Where have you been?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2017, 09:29:18 AM
You had the wrong job.  You  needed to be Library of Congress ;-)  I had software that read raw text way back in 1985.  Where have you been?

Really.  You had software that read raw text?  In 1985.  Pray tell...  My office didn't even have computers then.  I was advanced and had a Commodore 64.  Please tell us what you had that we poor saps did not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 17, 2017, 08:05:42 AM
Really.  You had software that read raw text?  In 1985.  Pray tell...  My office didn't even have computers then.  I was advanced and had a Commodore 64.  Please tell us what you had that we poor saps did not.

Macintosh 512K ... but the Feds didn't have good computers until the 1990s even in DoD.  But read?  No, there is no AI, so no computer reads anything (in human terms).  It just applies rules to the letters/combinations to make an approximate pronunciation ... this is easier in Japanese, which is actually phonetic, compared to English.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.