News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheists are incredibly thin skinned

Started by Robirt, February 15, 2017, 04:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalSomnia

Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

SGOS

Shitting in someone else's forum apparently seems like a good idea when you're drunk, but when you sober up, you realize it was just another moment of stupid drunk behavior, and that you've made an ass out of yourself again.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: MeAre you sure it's atheists who are thin skinned, or is it theists being pushy?

Speaking of thin skinned, I had a theist storm out of my apartment a few months back, because I started trying to explain to him, that the Bible as we know it came into being, by a bunch of priests picking and choosing from scraps of parchment.

Quote from: Baruch
I hoped he cleaned up after himself ... the hail and brimstone.  Also did his lightning fry your electronics?
Keep in mind, I was in my own home, and the guy keeps talking about God. I don't remember specifics anymore, but I responded, as you might expect, by saying that there is no God. He, of course pointed to the Bible as his authority, and I responded that the Bible is not the word of God. I start explaining about the origins of the New Testament, which gets him visibly flustered, and he tells me that God will punish me for saying things like that. I wish I could remember the entire conversation, but to make a short story shorter, he suddenly jumps up and storms out of the apartment.

The funny part though, is that his sudden exit revealed another Christian, my neighbor across the hall, standing outside my door, listening in on the whole thing! She had a rather embarrassed look on her face, of course, and retreated into her apartment.

I've since spoken to the guy a few times, but we never bring it up.

But I don't feel I was being inordinately "thin-skinned." I mean, if I can't express my opinions in my own home, then...
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Wait till he hears that Jesus is Jewish (not was) ... and that a rabbi needs to come and give him another circumcision (or his first one) ;-)  This actually happened in modern Israel ... when the Falasha Jews came in from Ethiopia.  Orthodox rabbis went out and asked the grown men for a first or second bris ;-))  Any prior circumcision would be viewed by the Orthodox as invalid, even if done by other Jewish rabbis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 16, 2017, 06:34:15 AM
Wait till he hears that Jesus is Jewish (not was) ... and that a rabbi needs to come and give him another circumcision (or his first one) ;-)  This actually happened in modern Israel ... when the Falasha Jews came in from Ethiopia.  Orthodox rabbis went out and asked the grown men for a first or second bris ;-))  Any prior circumcision would be viewed by the Orthodox as invalid, even if done by other Jewish rabbis.

But.. but.. what was left to cut off? O.o
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

widdershins

Quote from: fencerider on February 15, 2017, 11:18:28 PM
You remember that old white guy with the long beard that they used to call god??? Well, now they call him Santa Claus.

I admit to being thin-skinned. I get sun-burned all the time.
My oldest daughter has this problem.  She goes from milky white, to burned, back to milky white.  It pisses her off.  I've tried to sell her on Trump orange but that's a no-go.
This sentence is a lie...

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Munch on February 16, 2017, 09:56:15 AM
But.. but.. what was left to cut off? O.o

First, creatively attach a slice of baloney.
Second, remove the baloney.
Et voilà!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 16, 2017, 10:07:32 AM
First, creatively attach a slice of baloney.
Second, remove the baloney.
Et voilà!

In ancient times, Hellenized Jewish men, wanting to not be embarrassed a the gym (where nudity was the norm) actually underwent prepuce transplant.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2017, 01:08:52 PM
Can't get regular Coke or Dr Pepper anymore.  Not even in Mexican restaurants.  It is all Diet Coke or Coke Zero.  Occasionally Mountain Dew Throwback is available, that actually tastes the same as it did in the 70s ... I remember, I was there.
It came out during the sesquicentennial of the State of Indiana IIRC.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on February 16, 2017, 12:50:32 PM
In ancient times, Hellenized Jewish men, wanting to not be embarrassed a the gym (where nudity was the norm) actually underwent prepuce transplant.
Don't need surgery, just some weights applied properly.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

[mod]I don't think I've ever seen someone announce that they are trolling before. This is new to me.

In any case, good riddance[/mod]

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

FinalSomnia

Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman