News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

HELLo There :)

Started by Notthesun, February 14, 2017, 09:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notthesun

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 15, 2017, 04:54:14 AM
I've been on since August of 2013, and I remember you, Notthesun. Welcome back.

I believe I remember you too!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

etienne

Quote from: Notthesun on February 14, 2017, 09:39:44 PM
Hey guys! So I'm not sure anyone remembers me but I am back! I haven't been on here for 2-3 years if I am correct. I got busy with my last years of college and then just completely forgot about this website. Which is crazy because when I was here I fucking loved this site and most of you (and barely lol). Well, it's nice to be back!

Since then I got my Bachelor's in Philosophy and will be going to get my Master's soon. I also came out of the closet June 2015 after I graduated. I'm still an atheist. Although I dabble in Buddhism and Taoism. I just call myself an atheist tho. Damn, it has been long.

Anyways, I made a youtube video about how I became an atheist and I thought about this site and realized I want to come back and be a member again. It'd also mean a lot to me if you guys watched my video below and even subscribed to my channel.

I'm happy to be back. Let the good times roll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmneNKPjAPs
Bem vindo!

I like alot of what Lao Tsu said, he offered a great deal of good and pithy advice for living in general, of which I frequently as much as humanly possible.  And the "Tao" is a fairly neutral entity--a couple of forces mingling, supposedly, though there's a fair amount of confusion to it.  Japanese and Chinese Taoism, for e.g., are sometimes at odds with each other as to interpretation of Yin and Yang.  But at one point I realized he kept making reference to "The Mother of All Things" that "created the Tao" and I'm like, "how is this not like every other religion?  A "Creator".  So, I usually skip over those parts.  Meditation is a real endeavor, though, and requires no religion to practice it.  It's more of a technique.

Anyway, what do you plan to do as a philosopher?
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AdmissionPro321

Hello, everyone. Happy to be here.