News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

HELLo There :)

Started by Notthesun, February 14, 2017, 09:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notthesun

Hey guys! So I'm not sure anyone remembers me but I am back! I haven't been on here for 2-3 years if I am correct. I got busy with my last years of college and then just completely forgot about this website. Which is crazy because when I was here I fucking loved this site and most of you (and barely lol). Well, it's nice to be back!

Since then I got my Bachelor's in Philosophy and will be going to get my Master's soon. I also came out of the closet June 2015 after I graduated. I'm still an atheist. Although I dabble in Buddhism and Taoism. I just call myself an atheist tho. Damn, it has been long.

Anyways, I made a youtube video about how I became an atheist and I thought about this site and realized I want to come back and be a member again. It'd also mean a lot to me if you guys watched my video below and even subscribed to my channel.

I'm happy to be back. Let the good times roll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmneNKPjAPs
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Baruch

Welcome back ... and don't spam, it is non-kosher ;-)

I am one of the few philosophers here.  So there are two kinds of philosophers ... early Wittgenstein and late Wittgenstein.  Which sophist are you?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Notthesun

I spammed? Is it by posting my youtube channel?

Late Wittgenstein.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Baruch

Quote from: Notthesun on February 14, 2017, 10:37:30 PM
I spammed? Is it by posting my youtube channel?

Late Wittgenstein.

I didn't mind, I give you thumbs up for your video.  But yes, people have been banned for less.  Burned at the steak, with A1 sauce ;-)

So, the late great Wittgenstein eh ... the one nobody knew about.  What do you think of ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmPq8pzG9Q ,,, in 4 bits.  I am a John Searle fan myself (the guy being interviewed).  The Chinese Room Experiment is brilliant.  Though I am originally a Spinozist ... of course ;-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MD4sRHj1M

Dennett is a POS.  Epiphenomenalism is woo.  The Turing Test met its match.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Notthesun

It's considered spam even if it's a video related to who I am? I mean I have other videos but I chose to use that one because I felt it was related lol. I hope I don't get banned! I don't remember things being that strict around here.

Also, I'll checkout your vids later!

Baruch

Quote from: Notthesun on February 14, 2017, 10:57:04 PM
It's considered spam even if it's a video related to who I am? I mean I have other videos but I chose to use that one because I felt it was related lol. I hope I don't get banned! I don't remember things being that strict around here.

Also, I'll checkout your vids later!

I am pulling your leg .. they only eat babies and former Christians ;-))  So is your leg tender enough for BBQ?  Oh, I think if you check me out, we can have a lot of fun ... and boor the eye balls out of other people's sockets ;-p
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Notthesun

hahahaha I like you already.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome back to our little band of heathens.

(PS. I think I remember you.)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solomon Zorn

I've been on since August of 2013, and I remember you, Notthesun. Welcome back.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on February 14, 2017, 10:21:49 PM
Welcome back ... and don't spam, it is non-kosher ;-)

I am one of the few philosophers here.  So there are two kinds of philosophers ... early Wittgenstein and late Wittgenstein.  Which sophist are you?
It's not spammed. He is a long time member telling us what he has been up to.

Welcome back notthesun, I remember you. Good to have you amongst our ranks again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ro3bert

and Hello. Or should it be the other way around?

Sal1981

Hi.

Quote from: Baruch on February 14, 2017, 10:48:09 PM
I didn't mind, I give you thumbs up for your video.  But yes, people have been banned for less.  Burned at the steak, with A1 sauce ;-)

So, the late great Wittgenstein eh ... the one nobody knew about.  What do you think of ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmPq8pzG9Q ,,, in 4 bits.  I am a John Searle fan myself (the guy being interviewed).  The Chinese Room Experiment is brilliant.  Though I am originally a Spinozist ... of course ;-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MD4sRHj1M

Dennett is a POS.  Epiphenomenalism is woo.  The Turing Test met its match.
That's a poor analogy.

Unbeliever

Oh, boy! The more the merrier!

Hey, if someone has a bachelor's degree, can they still get married? I've always wondered... :headscratch:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Notthesun

I can get married now that gays are allowed to ;)

Notthesun

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 15, 2017, 08:37:19 AM
It's not spammed. He is a long time member telling us what he has been up to.

Welcome back notthesun, I remember you. Good to have you amongst our ranks again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hola! I hope you've been well!