Author Topic: HELLo There :)  (Read 1727 times)

HELLo There :)
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:39:44 PM »
Hey guys! So I'm not sure anyone remembers me but I am back! I haven't been on here for 2-3 years if I am correct. I got busy with my last years of college and then just completely forgot about this website. Which is crazy because when I was here I fucking loved this site and most of you (and barely lol). Well, it's nice to be back!

Since then I got my Bachelor's in Philosophy and will be going to get my Master's soon. I also came out of the closet June 2015 after I graduated. I'm still an atheist. Although I dabble in Buddhism and Taoism. I just call myself an atheist tho. Damn, it has been long.

Anyways, I made a youtube video about how I became an atheist and I thought about this site and realized I want to come back and be a member again. It'd also mean a lot to me if you guys watched my video below and even subscribed to my channel.

I'm happy to be back. Let the good times roll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmneNKPjAPs
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Offline Baruch

Re: HELLo There :)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:21:49 PM »
Welcome back ... and don't spam, it is non-kosher ;-)

I am one of the few philosophers here.  So there are two kinds of philosophers ... early Wittgenstein and late Wittgenstein.  Which sophist are you?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:23:42 PM by Baruch »
שלום

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:30 PM »
I spammed? Is it by posting my youtube channel?

Late Wittgenstein.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:48:09 PM »
I spammed? Is it by posting my youtube channel?

Late Wittgenstein.

I didn't mind, I give you thumbs up for your video.  But yes, people have been banned for less.  Burned at the steak, with A1 sauce ;-)

So, the late great Wittgenstein eh ... the one nobody knew about.  What do you think of ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmPq8pzG9Q ,,, in 4 bits.  I am a John Searle fan myself (the guy being interviewed).  The Chinese Room Experiment is brilliant.  Though I am originally a Spinozist ... of course ;-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MD4sRHj1M

Dennett is a POS.  Epiphenomenalism is woo.  The Turing Test met its match.
שלום

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:04 PM »
It's considered spam even if it's a video related to who I am? I mean I have other videos but I chose to use that one because I felt it was related lol. I hope I don't get banned! I don't remember things being that strict around here.

Also, I'll checkout your vids later!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 11:04:18 PM »
It's considered spam even if it's a video related to who I am? I mean I have other videos but I chose to use that one because I felt it was related lol. I hope I don't get banned! I don't remember things being that strict around here.

Also, I'll checkout your vids later!

I am pulling your leg .. they only eat babies and former Christians ;-))  So is your leg tender enough for BBQ?  Oh, I think if you check me out, we can have a lot of fun ... and boor the eye balls out of other people's sockets ;-p
שלום

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 11:21:21 PM »
hahahaha I like you already.

Offline Mr.Obvious

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 01:27:29 AM »
Welcome back to our little band of heathens.

(PS. I think I remember you.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:21:13 AM by Mr.Obvious »
"Intention is no matter. Only consequence has true form."
- Spencer Porkensenson

Offline Solomon Zorn

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 04:54:14 AM »
I've been on since August of 2013, and I remember you, Notthesun. Welcome back.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Offline PickelledEggs

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 08:37:19 AM »
Welcome back ... and don't spam, it is non-kosher ;-)

I am one of the few philosophers here.  So there are two kinds of philosophers ... early Wittgenstein and late Wittgenstein.  Which sophist are you?
It's not spammed. He is a long time member telling us what he has been up to.

Welcome back notthesun, I remember you. Good to have you amongst our ranks again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

"Tell Pilate to release the files!!!" - Bill Hicks
"I have an open mind, but not so open that my brains will fall out" -James Randi
"One who truly hates himself cannot love, he cannot place his trust in another." - NGE

Offline Ro3bert

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 12:36:06 PM »
and Hello. Or should it be the other way around?

Offline Sal1981

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 02:31:14 PM »
Hi.

I didn't mind, I give you thumbs up for your video.  But yes, people have been banned for less.  Burned at the steak, with A1 sauce ;-)

So, the late great Wittgenstein eh ... the one nobody knew about.  What do you think of ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmPq8pzG9Q ,,, in 4 bits.  I am a John Searle fan myself (the guy being interviewed).  The Chinese Room Experiment is brilliant.  Though I am originally a Spinozist ... of course ;-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MD4sRHj1M

Dennett is a POS.  Epiphenomenalism is woo.  The Turing Test met its match.
That's a poor analogy.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 02:59:18 PM »
Oh, boy! The more the merrier!

Hey, if someone has a bachelor's degree, can they still get married? I've always wondered... :headscratch:
God Not Found
"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”
Stephen Hawking

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 02:38:21 AM »
I can get married now that gays are allowed to ;)

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 02:38:45 AM »
It's not spammed. He is a long time member telling us what he has been up to.

Welcome back notthesun, I remember you. Good to have you amongst our ranks again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hola! I hope you've been well!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk