Author Topic: HELLo There :)  (Read 776 times)

Offline Notthesun (OP)

Re: HELLo There :)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 02:39:02 AM »
I've been on since August of 2013, and I remember you, Notthesun. Welcome back.

I believe I remember you too!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Offline etienne

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 05:52:42 AM »
Hey guys! So I'm not sure anyone remembers me but I am back! I haven't been on here for 2-3 years if I am correct. I got busy with my last years of college and then just completely forgot about this website. Which is crazy because when I was here I fucking loved this site and most of you (and barely lol). Well, it's nice to be back!

Since then I got my Bachelor's in Philosophy and will be going to get my Master's soon. I also came out of the closet June 2015 after I graduated. I'm still an atheist. Although I dabble in Buddhism and Taoism. I just call myself an atheist tho. Damn, it has been long.

Anyways, I made a youtube video about how I became an atheist and I thought about this site and realized I want to come back and be a member again. It'd also mean a lot to me if you guys watched my video below and even subscribed to my channel.

I'm happy to be back. Let the good times roll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmneNKPjAPs
Bem vindo!

I like alot of what Lao Tsu said, he offered a great deal of good and pithy advice for living in general, of which I frequently as much as humanly possible.  And the "Tao" is a fairly neutral entity--a couple of forces mingling, supposedly, though there's a fair amount of confusion to it.  Japanese and Chinese Taoism, for e.g., are sometimes at odds with each other as to interpretation of Yin and Yang.  But at one point I realized he kept making reference to "The Mother of All Things" that "created the Tao" and I'm like, "how is this not like every other religion?  A "Creator".  So, I usually skip over those parts.  Meditation is a real endeavor, though, and requires no religion to practice it.  It's more of a technique.

Anyway, what do you plan to do as a philosopher?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:00:02 AM by etienne »
The Revolution does not fall like an apple when it is ripe:  you have to MAKE it fall...

Offline Baruch

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 06:31:44 AM »
Welcome
שלום

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 03:37:53 AM »
Hello, everyone. Happy to be here.