News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can Donald Trump Even Read?

Started by _Xenu_, February 14, 2017, 09:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 15, 2017, 01:27:20 AM
I prefer to impeach both Trump and Pence for lying to the public and admitting it. The problem is that leaves us with Paul Ryan who want to completely gut social security and sell it off to the highest bidder.
If the public mood is hostile enough to force a Republican-controlled House to impeach and Senate to convict the both of them -- and let's be honest, they will do neither unless there is a credible threat to their future re-electability -- Ryan will be too scared to do anything that will get attention turned on himself.

It could come down to 2018 being a referendum on impeachment.  It's more than a little disturbing to see that as a possibility already, we're not even a full month into Asshole's time.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on February 16, 2017, 12:44:14 PM
If the public mood is hostile enough to force a Republican-controlled House to impeach and Senate to convict the both of them -- and let's be honest, they will do neither unless there is a credible threat to their future re-electability -- Ryan will be too scared to do anything that will get attention turned on himself.

It could come down to 2018 being a referendum on impeachment.  It's more than a little disturbing to see that as a possibility already, we're not even a full month into Asshole's time.

A referendum is only state wide.  Nationally it is called an election.  Wonder if the Dems will doing another "good job, Brownie?"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 16, 2017, 11:44:35 AM
One of the things I admire about Baruch, is that his mind can shoot off into several directions at the same time.  And his answers reflect that--I find that impressive.

There was a character, on Armed Forces Radio ... during Nam .. that they grunts listened to .... "Chicken Man".  The call sign was "He's everywhere, he's everywhere".

Cackle strut crow.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 16, 2017, 10:03:51 AM
Donald can't read, and so nobody understands what he's saying anyway.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dzFqe9wxUGg

My best friend, a younger lady I worked with, her hero was Donald Duck.  She liked his anger control management ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Page 2 and I have yet to see someone refute the claim that the President of the United States of America can't read.  :|

You'd think this would be an easy claim to refute.  Hasn't anyone asked him what his favorite book is?  They have, it's the Bible and when asked to share specific verses, he declined - which sounds a bit suspicious.  Honestly, I don't think he's ever read the Bible.  His answer could just be pandering, a way to present himself as devout.

He's sometimes in the vicinity of books, so hasn't anyone asked him about them?
QuoteFunny moment: When asked about books on his desk, he showed us "Adams v Jefferson" by John Ferling. We asked if we should read it. "I wouldn't," he said.
:eh:

Okay, so maybe he doesn't have a lot of time to read.  Obviously, a President doesn't have a whole lot of free time.  *coughgolfingcough*

QuoteTrump’s desk is piled high with magazines, nearly all of them with himself on their covers, and each morning, he reviews a pile of printouts of news articles about himself that his secretary delivers to his desk. But there are no shelves of books in his office, no computer on his desk.
Well, that's disturbing.

QuotePresidents have different ways of preparing to make decisions. Some read deeply, some prefer to review short memos that condense difficult issues into bite-size summaries, ideally with check-boxes at the bottom of the page. But Trump, poised to become the first ­major-party presidential nominee since Dwight Eisenhower who had not previously held elected office, appears to have an unusually light appetite for reading.

He said in a series of interviews that he does not need to read extensively because he reaches the right decisions “with very little knowledge other than the knowledge I [already] had, plus the words ‘common sense,’ because I have a lot of common sense and I have a lot of business ability.”
Correction.  This is the disturbing part.  Being a "skimmer" is bad enough, but relying on "common sense" over knowledge is downright disastrous in a position of power.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Does it matter???  No.  It does not matter what he does.  Nothing will happen; there will be no impeachment.  Whatever he utters from his mouth or twitter is the truth; even if he contradicts himself within the same sentence.  This country is far too racist, far too nationalistic, far too religious, far too Repub (who has for decades used fear and lies to put forth whatever the message is at the moment), for anything bad to happen.  His only real agenda is to make money for himself; and in order to do that he has to reward his allies--all the ultra rich and ultra right that have aided him to this point.  He is not driven by any ideology.  Only greed gets his motor running.  He could still shoot somebody in the head in Times Square and that person would be blamed for it.  He can literally do no wrong; which is why this country is fucked; and maybe the world as we know it.

The above message is delivered by me in any up mood.  Don't want to know what I really think.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sorginak

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 16, 2017, 10:28:13 PM
His only real agenda is to make money for himself; and in order to do that he has to reward his allies--all the ultra rich and ultra right that have aided him to this point.  He is not driven by any ideology.  Only greed gets his motor running.

It certainly explains why he cares more about the low ratings since he left his show than caring about anything really important. 

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on February 15, 2017, 10:57:17 PM
ok... I admit I never heard of it either

Talk shows are saying that Trump's opinion seems to have a lot of simularity with the opinion of the last person he talked to, as if he has absolutely no opinion of his own. and that he is just out for his own ego, apparently not yet aware of the job position he has.

There was also someone that worked around Trump in Florida that a great many people had to continously had to tell him what he could and could not do; almost like a child with autism.

Nailed it!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Today, Trump ranted about the unfairness of government leaks instead of the content of the leaks themselves.  A rational person would not think that way.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 17, 2017, 02:35:38 AM
Today, Trump ranted about the unfairness of government leaks instead of the content of the leaks themselves.  A rational person would not think that way.

Government isn't rational.  Why would i spend a trillion dollars a year, to have strangers tell me what I can or cannot do?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

So Trump combines one negative trait from each of our last 6 Presidents?  Multitalented, in a negative way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Sorry Hydra trying to prove Donald Trump can read is like trying to prove god exists. Its beyond our ability to fact check
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2017, 05:07:20 AM
Government isn't rational.  Why would i spend a trillion dollars a year, to have strangers tell me what I can or cannot do?

Where did the "trillion dollar" claim come from?