News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can Donald Trump Even Read?

Started by _Xenu_, February 14, 2017, 09:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 01:14:47 AM
Whether can read or not, there is no evidence that he DOES!  From all accounts, he mostly watches the visual and spoken TV political news and responds to that.

This is disturbing.  But he may represent the future...

Your future AI leader isn't even Max Headroom, not even an emoticon .. but an emoji ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2017, 06:57:48 AM
Your future AI leader isn't even Max Headroom, not even an emoticon .. but an emoji ;-)

Just out of curiosity, what part of my post made you think about AI, Max Headroom, emoticons, or emoji?  None of those crossed MY mind as I was posting.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 07:02:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, what part of my post made you think about AI, Max Headroom, emoticons, or emoji?  None of those crossed MY mind as I was posting.

Well I could have responded with Latin doggerel ... you like that, don't deny it!

If I could read your head, would you believe in G-d, or think I am a demigod?

But actually it is quite simple, I can't read your mind, but I can read your posts.  Sometimes it is all a jumble, because I am reading (evelyn wood) and typing (thanks HS typing teacher) very fast, the remnant images of prior posts are still in my head as a new one comes in, and my brain absolutely works by association, sometimes too well.

"watches the visual and spoken TV political news and responds to that" ... no tea leaves.  Do you know what is in your head when you type?  Clearly your are meta-commenting on vidiocracy and the negative effect that "one picture is worth a thousand words".  You bear icon triggers me .. my pet the animal reflex from Knot's Berry Farm petting zoo circa 1965.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2017, 07:08:27 AM
Well I could have responded with Latin doggerel ... you like that, don't deny it!

If I could read your head, would you believe in G-d, or think I am a demigod?

But actually it is quite simple, I can't read your mind, but I can read your posts.  Sometimes it is all a jumble, because I am reading (evelyn wood) and typing (thanks HS typing teacher) very fast, the remnant images of prior posts are still in my head as a new one comes in, and my brain absolutely works by association, sometimes too well.

"watches the visual and spoken TV political news and responds to that" ... no tea leaves.  Do you know what is in your head when you type?  Clearly your are meta-commenting on vidiocracy and the negative effect that "one picture is worth a thousand words".  You bear icon triggers me .. my pet the animal reflex from Knot's Berry Farm petting zoo circa 1965.

Fascinating.  Thank you.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 07:13:56 AM
Fascinating.  Thank you.

Please don't be like the lead romantic character from "Gods Must Be Crazy" ... the guy studying elephant dung.  Leave my dung alone, please!

By the way, I have photographic memory, unfortunately it is a Kodak Brownie from 1950.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2017, 07:16:17 AM
Please don't be like the lead romantic character from "Gods Must Be Crazy" ... the guy studying elephant dung.  Leave my dung alone, please!

By the way, I have photographic memory, unfortunately it is a Kodak Brownie from 1950.

I presume from context that that must be a movie or TV show.  Sorry. never saw it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 07:32:57 AM
I presume from context that that must be a movie or TV show.  Sorry. never saw it.

Best movie ever starring San people (original hunter gatherers still in existence today, from 100,000 years ago).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorHLQ-jLRQ
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 07:32:57 AM

Dafuq, how have you not seen The Gods Must be Crazy? It's a classic...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Yeah, one of the best and funniest movies ever made. Even the sequel was very good.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Ro3bert

Quote from: Atheon on February 14, 2017, 07:25:16 PM
As long as it's written in crayon in one-syllable words, preferably babyish words like "weewee" and "poopoo".

Except both weewee and poopoo are two syllable words.

Ro3bert

Quote from: Shiranu on February 15, 2017, 02:15:15 PM

One of the funniest movies ever and definitely a classic though I thought the sequel was not as funny.

fencerider

Quote from: Shiranu on February 15, 2017, 02:15:15 PM
ok... I admit I never heard of it either

Talk shows are saying that Trump's opinion seems to have a lot of simularity with the opinion of the last person he talked to, as if he has absolutely no opinion of his own. and that he is just out for his own ego, apparently not yet aware of the job position he has.

There was also someone that worked around Trump in Florida that a great many people had to continously had to tell him what he could and could not do; almost like a child with autism.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 15, 2017, 10:57:17 PM
ok... I admit I never heard of it either

Talk shows are saying that Trump's opinion seems to have a lot of simularity with the opinion of the last person he talked to, as if he has absolutely no opinion of his own. and that he is just out for his own ego, apparently not yet aware of the job position he has.

There was also someone that worked around Trump in Florida that a great many people had to continously had to tell him what he could and could not do; almost like a child with autism.

PM Lloyd George, who led the British Empire to victory in WW I (with US support of course) was similar.  They said his opinion was whatever it was he was told by the last person he talked to, before he went to bed.  Thank the Sumerian gods the Annunaki will come soon and rule us inferior species.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Donald can't read, and so nobody understands what he's saying anyway.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dzFqe9wxUGg
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 07:02:18 AM
One of the things I admire about Baruch, is that his mind can shoot off into several directions at the same time.  And his answers reflect that--I find that impressive.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?