News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can Donald Trump Even Read?

Started by _Xenu_, February 14, 2017, 09:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Probably a pointy haired Dilbert boss.  That is executive material there!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It doesn't matter whether or not he can read, as long as he can sign his name, that's all the GOP needs from him.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sorginak

He can read.  His ego is simply too big to be worried by whom those he considers his lessers think of him.

After all, narcissistic power mongrels do not get where they do by caring about anyone except themselves. 

_Xenu_

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 14, 2017, 06:40:25 PM
It doesn't matter whether or not he can read, as long as he can sign his name, that's all the GOP needs from him.
That is just a little too dead on. If he doesn't bend to their will, I suspect they will impeach him eventually and give the presidency to Mike Pence.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Unbeliever

I'm not sure Pence would be a whole lot better, but almost anything would be an improvement...
God Not Found

Munch

Quote from: Sorginak on February 14, 2017, 06:43:13 PM
He can read.  His ego is simply too big to be worried by whom those he considers his lessers think of him.

I dunno, his twitter record shows he easily gets triggered by what people say about him.. unless someones reading it to him, and he's responding (imagining mike pence spelling the words for him now as he figures out how to use a keyboard)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

_Xenu_

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 14, 2017, 06:52:50 PM
I'm not sure Pence would be a whole lot better, but almost anything would be an improvement...
Even as a self describe queer, I would strongly prefer Mike Pence over Donald Trump. He may be a homophobe, but he's not going to start World War 3. I have trouble sleeping sometimes because I'm afraid of what POTUS is going to do next. Mike Pence is just a religious conservative, probably not too different from W. The world would survive his administration.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Unbeliever

Quote from: _Xenu_ on February 14, 2017, 07:05:50 PM
Even as a non-hetero, I would strongly prefer Mike Pence over Donald Trump. He may be a homophobe, but he's not going to start World War 3.
Well, we can always hope, I suppose...
God Not Found

Atheon

As long as it's written in crayon in one-syllable words, preferably babyish words like "weewee" and "poopoo".
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

I'm no fan of Trump, but at first blush, this news seems preposterous.  I mean, the guy has the best words and he's the best in the world at a bunch of things, second only to Kim Jong Il.  Jokes aside, it seems crazy for a multimillionaire businessman to be this inept at basic human tasks.

I mean, he wrote The Art of the Deal!

QuoteSchwartz had ghostwritten Trump’s 1987 breakthrough memoir, earning a joint byline on the cover, half of the book’s five-hundred-thousand-dollar advance, and half of the royalties.
Quote"I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” He went on, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”
Source:  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

Okay, so he didn't write the Art of the Deal and his ghostwriter hates him.  Big deal.  Jesus didn't write the New Testament, it was still a hit.

And yeah, he talks like a third-grader, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's dumb.  He's just speaking in a way his supporters can easily understand.  If anything, he's implying that his supporters are dumb.

QuoteAnd while Mr. Obama liked policy option papers that were three to six single-spaced pages, council staff members are now being told to keep papers to a single page, with lots of graphics and maps.

“The president likes maps,” one official said.
Source:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/12/us/politics/national-security-council-turmoil.html

:wtff:

Baruch

Narcissists and babies are similar.  And old men need Depends too.

Don't fret, the recent coup causing his first cabinet loss (of someone already in the cabinet) is supposed to be General Betrayus working in the shadows.  Please practice calisthenics, so you won't been injured when you goose-step.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Whether can read or not, there is no evidence that he DOES!  From all accounts, he mostly watches the visual and spoken TV political news and responds to that.

This is disturbing.  But he may represent the future...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

AllPurposeAtheist

I prefer to impeach both Trump and Pence for lying to the public and admitting it. The problem is that leaves us with Paul Ryan who want to completely gut social security and sell it off to the highest bidder. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 15, 2017, 01:27:20 AM
I prefer to impeach both Trump and Pence for lying to the public and admitting it. The problem is that leaves us with Paul Ryan who want to completely gut social security and sell it off to the highest bidder.

Well, technically, if Ryan was to assume office after Trump and Pence were impeached, he could go too.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!