News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Religion and the APA

Started by doorknob, February 14, 2017, 08:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Psychology is a human social science, so it should be taken with a grain of salt, it isn't as enumerable as physics or chemistry, and not quite neuroscience.

Baruch

It is interesting what one neuron, or a few neurons are up to ... but that will never explain systematic behavior involving billions of them simultaneously.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: doorknob on February 16, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
My coping skill is to just not deal with anything.

Let me just say that it's not a healthy coping skill. Very unproductive. Oh wait Christians do that too!

My coping skill is to just solve all problems by myself.  Management does not love be asked to solve problems.  That requires decisions.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

badger2

Freud's initial studies on Aphasia, for example, criticized the somatic "locations" of aphasia in the brain. Deepak Chopra is correct, "Thoughts make molecules." (Quantum Healing). We can post studies that show that fear memory consolidation (such as those in PTSD) require specific protein syntheses. Julia Kristeva addresses the concept of "psychological ill-being" vs. psychoanalysis in her work, though more recently, we suggest, This Incredible Need to Believe.

Baruch

Quote from: badger2 on March 01, 2017, 09:03:22 PM
Freud's initial studies on Aphasia, for example, criticized the somatic "locations" of aphasia in the brain. Deepak Chopra is correct, "Thoughts make molecules." (Quantum Healing). We can post studies that show that fear memory consolidation (such as those in PTSD) require specific protein syntheses. Julia Kristeva addresses the concept of "psychological ill-being" vs. psychoanalysis in her work, though more recently, we suggest, This Incredible Need to Believe.

I agree, that the conventional medicine, ignores the psychosomatic, at its peril.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

badger2

Kristeva also suggests that there is an incredible amount of energy exerted to maintain the Xian mental geometry, which resonates with a slow, chronic form of self-induced PTSD. What molestations are occurring at the protein synthesis level?

fencerider

self induced PTSD? sounds like a stupid thing to do... would you care to elaborate on the christian connection? is Trump suffering from self-induced PTSD? or maybe he's suffering from self-induced megalomania?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: doorknob on February 14, 2017, 11:15:02 AM
I apologize as there are some arguments going on in the scientific community that I was unaware of. But as of now it is officially a branch of social science and as serious as any other branch of science.

And I apologize for arguing that fact.

Psychology is not a hard science.  It may become one in the future.  It is the scientific study of the human mind and its functions, especially those affecting behavior in a given context.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!