Trevor Noah - Al Jazeera Interview on Trump

Started by Shiranu, February 11, 2017, 07:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote"I think its absurd to be in a country that is aspiring to freedom, that for so long has preached liberty, you know the idea that a country would move towards religious persecution is one that is... it's frighting and its insane to think that we are living through that time. We like to think as people that we have seen the past and that we have learned from what has happened. But it's frightening to see how quickly you can repeat the ills of the past when enough people are afraid and hungry. And those are two things that if you combine them and use them in the right way, you can get people to commit the most heinous crimes against each other."

[/size]
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

When trump starts pushing Muslims into internment camps, spearheading christian rule into every corner of america under penalty, starts branding gays with a hot iron.. then he might have a point. But till that happens, it not just jumping the shark at this moment, its jumping the whale shark.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 11, 2017, 09:40:29 PM
When trump starts pushing Muslims into internment camps, spearheading christian rule into every corner of america under penalty, starts branding gays with a hot iron.. then he might have a point. But till that happens, it not just jumping the shark at this moment, its jumping the whale shark.

There are people like that, and if they get power (who are they?  the mark of cain on their foreheads perhaps?) then some people will need killing.  Patience ... and don't judge people too early, you might be shooting the innocent.  After all, V For Vengeance happens in GB ;-(  As did 1984 ;-((
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

It is already a given that Trump is one hundred percent worse than Bush could have been.

Add to that the fact that people never learn from history and always realize the truth of what is happening too late, it is a very real possibility that Trump is going to utterly destroy America.

How did we get from escaping England for a newfound freedom to aborting our freedoms to a corrupt political enterprise?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on February 11, 2017, 09:40:29 PM
I'd rather not let it get to that point...

Sorginak

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 12, 2017, 01:26:16 AM

You and I are in the minority, unfortunately.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Sorginak on February 12, 2017, 01:45:25 AM
You and I are in the minority, unfortunately.
I think you mean vocal minority. Although, I doubt that opinion is in the minority any way you slice it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on February 12, 2017, 12:26:45 AM
It is already a given that Trump is one hundred percent worse than Bush could have been.

Add to that the fact that people never learn from history and always realize the truth of what is happening too late, it is a very real possibility that Trump is going to utterly destroy America.

How did we get from escaping England for a newfound freedom to aborting our freedoms to a corrupt political enterprise?

There is an ongoing relationship between the US and GB ... we in the US have been un-citizens since the Fed was created, by the BoE.  You are a slave of the Crown, for over 100 years now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 12, 2017, 01:26:16 AM

I'm convinced it won't do honestly, not because trump might develop a grain of empathy, he won't, it's just that America has laws in place now that it didn't back when they forced Japanese decent citizens into camps.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 12, 2017, 06:40:03 AM
I'm convinced it won't do honestly, not because trump might develop a grain of empathy, he won't, it's just that America has laws in place now that it didn't back when they forced Japanese decent citizens into camps.

We would have done it to the German-Americans and the Italian-Americans.  We did do it, temporarily to the Italian-Americans on the path the citizenship ... they were so mortified by it, that they never protested, were never compensated.  The German-American repression was mostly in WW I, the number two newspaper language in the US in 1914 was German, not Spanish.  My German-American relatives didn't dodge the draft, and one was sent to France (got lucky, never saw combat).  FEMA camps are real, for pandemics.  Pandemics are real, for quarantine.  Pray that biological weapons are never used.  Trump does have empathy, for the wealthy and maybe for ordinary blue collar workers, who the US has screwed for 40 years now.  Think on that during your next trip to Walmart.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Johan

America has laws in place regarding freedom of religion to. Didn't seem to slow him down any when he issued an executive order aimed specifically at those who practice a certain religion.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

PickelledEggs

I wouldn't be so certain. There are already motions to make a muslim registry and give people the right to discriminate if they like, because their religion says they can. There are more examples, but I just woke up and can't remember

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on February 12, 2017, 11:42:01 AM
America has laws in place regarding freedom of religion to. Didn't seem to slow him down any when he issued an executive order aimed specifically at those who practice a certain religion.

Too be consistent, we need to ban the issuing of all visas.  That is not bigoted, it is universally anti-human.  Actually, those countries have poor vetting of travelers .. on that basis, no matter what the color or religion of their citizens, I would carefully vett travelers from those countries.  But even a temporary ban is unnecessary, one simply has to ask customs to do their jobs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 12, 2017, 01:21:47 PM
I wouldn't be so certain. There are already motions to make a muslim registry and give people the right to discriminate if they like, because their religion says they can. There are more examples, but I just woke up and can't remember

Yes, I can't wait for Satanists to be defended under such a law, when they sacrifice children ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on February 12, 2017, 01:36:52 PM
Yes, I can't wait for Satanists to be defended under such a law, when they sacrifice children ;-)
Satanists don't sacrifice children. They are atheist trolls. They don't even believe in Satan.