3 Day Old Baby Burned as the Antichrist

Started by stromboli, June 09, 2013, 08:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.creepyhealth.com/2013/06/dec ... -baby.html

QuoteIn a horrific example of religious cultism, a church leader in rural Chile cast a three-day-old baby on to a roaring bonfire after declaring the child the antichrist. The baby's 25-year-old mother allegedly approved of the sacrifice.  
Thirty-six-year-old cult leader Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete declared that the end of the world was near as the justification behind the barbaric ritual. Chilean police have arrested four people accused of taking part in the ritual. Investigators said that the three-day-old baby girl was placed on a board with her mouth taped before being thrown into the flames. Taken to a hill in the town of Colliguay, near the Chilean port of Valparaiso, the ritual took place last November.
The baby's mother, 25-year-old Natalia Guerra, had allegedly approved the sacrifice.
Miguel Ampuero, of the Police investigative Unit, Chile's equivalent of the FBI, said: "The baby was naked. They strapped tape around her mouth to keep her from screaming. Then they placed her on a board. After calling on the spirits they threw her on the bonfire alive."
Authorities say that the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by Gaete, who remains at large.
"Everyone in this sect was a professional," Ampuero said. "We have someone who was a veterinarian and who worked as a flight attendant, we have a filmmaker, a draftsman. Everyone has a university degree."
Ringleader Gaete was last seen traveling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite. The child's mother remains in custody with the three other cult members. Gaete is believed to have been the child's father.  

Ah, religion; God's love personified.

Shiranu

Yeah, Christianity in Latin America is insane. Lot's of native superstitions involved, which doesn't surprise me given the fact that Roman Catholicism is one of the most superstitious branches of Christianity (that I would also argue is polytheistic...).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

WitchSabrina

there     are     no      words

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

FlatEarth1024

Quote from: "Shiranu"Yeah, Christianity in Latin America is insane. Lot's of native superstitions involved, which doesn't surprise me given the fact that Roman Catholicism is one of the most superstitious branches of Christianity (that I would also argue is polytheistic...).
Hey, you can't blame Christianity for the actions of a couple of zealots.  Most Christians are peaceful moderates.  Besides, Islam does bad stuff, so you're unfairly singling out one religion.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

Well, I guess it can't always be Islam.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Special B

Burned to death after being alive for only three days? That baby must have been a massive cunt.

(think it in a Ricky Gervais voice and it won't seem so bad)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Krisyork2008

...which is why we have abortions.

Ah hem.
Quote from: \"sweetjesus\"you cant push a dog into a pond and it turn into a fish-- evolution is rong. Why we still got monkeys?"?
Quote from: \"GurrenLagann\"Can\'t handle criticism? Find another species. \":)\"
"The catholic church is not a force for good, and fuck you for saying so." - Matt Dillahunty
"The holy spirit can\'t hold a pen." -Russel Brand

Fidel_Castronaut

God forgives all, remember, so these guys will be just fine so long as they repent (of course, they believe they're right so why would they)?

Humanity can be disgsting sometimes can't it?
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Plu

QuoteGod forgives all, remember, so these guys will be just fine so long as they repent (of course, they believe they're right so why would they)?

The baby on the other hand won't be forgiven, because it was dumb enough to get burned to death before it could talk. Stupid kid.

Yeah. Here's one to the people who still think the difference between islam and christianity comes from the religion, and not the general level of civilization in the surrounding area.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ding dong the antichrist is burned and dead.. Well, I for one feel much better knowing I'm not the antichrist and I can resume sinning with no fear of retribution.

Thanks God! We knew you'd see right through that little brats evil plot to subvert the world.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Plu

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I... Is this a new one or what was posted here some time ago?

It seems like a new one.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"God forgives all, remember, so these guys will be just fine so long as they repent (of course, they believe they're right so why would they)?

Humanity can be disgsting sometimes can't it?

Revolting is more like it.
 :shock:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Thumpalumpacus

I call bullshit.  After all, religion is what gives people morals.  This is clearly a Poe.
<insert witty aphorism here>