State Dept. reverses visa revocations

Started by SGOS, February 04, 2017, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

One of the recent religion posts was called clickbait by its author, in its title.  So don't claim we are oh so innocent.  You aren't a cub scout either.

I do posting for therapy, and the usual dysfunctional people who inhabit here, are excellent group therapy for me.

Yes, Andrew Jackson was an ass kicker ... but not only did he defy SCOTUS, but Jefferson was the first one to defy the other two branches.  Yes, things are to be done that way ... the government is to be at war with itself, so it is not in foreign wars, nor at war with the People.  The government has way too much money and way too much time on its hands, and you know where that leads ...

On Andrew Jackson though ... on the idea that States can set aside Federal law ... he said if anyone tried that with him, he would declare war on them ... which is exactly what Lincoln did later.  Of course Jackson kept slaves and Lincoln did not ... so that made a big difference.  Under a civil war under Jackson, the slaves would not be freed.  Jackson was also the second President who killed the second version of the Federal Reserve (Bank of the United States) ... we are currently in the third version of banking hell.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 12:06:10 PM
One of the recent religion posts was called clickbait by its author, in its title.  So don't claim we are oh so innocent.  You aren't a cub scout either.

I do posting for therapy, and the usual dysfunctional people who inhabit here, are excellent group therapy for me.

Quite right, I was never a Cub Scout.  I was (and somewhat still am) a Boy Scout, though. Stays in the bones. 

I am pleased (I think) to be one of your "dysfuntional ones".  You really have me at a loss on this.

What you need is what you need I guess. Pax vobis.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

You missed it too ... "cub" scout Mr Bruin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 12:23:41 PM
You missed it too ... "cub" scout Mr Bruin.

Oh I know bear cub.  But I'm more leader of a cat pack.  I have one on my shoulder and one trying to sit on the keyboard.  The 3rd is off napping on the waterbed.  The "cavebear" thing goes back to early 90s and Clan Of The Cave Bear books.  It sticks.  I'm "yardenman" on gardening sites. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 12:29:34 PM
Oh I know bear cub.  But I'm more leader of a cat pack.  I have one on my shoulder and one trying to sit on the keyboard.  The 3rd is off napping on the waterbed.  The "cavebear" thing goes back to early 90s and Clan Of The Cave Bear books.  It sticks.  I'm "yardenman" on gardening sites.

Clan of the Cave Bear was my daughter's favorite book series ... because it was feminist.  A cave woman invented everything and the cave men just got in the way ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 12:39:59 PM
Clan of the Cave Bear was my daughter's favorite book series ... because it was feminist.  A cave woman invented everything and the cave men just got in the way ;-)

The guys invented stuff too.  Jondalar created the spear-thrower, Tamut invented Booza (grateful thanks), and Ranec was an originator of figurines.   Its more equal than it seems.  And 2 of my cats are named Ayla and Iza.  Markey came with a name and I kept it (I can never spell Jondolar right).

I'm a guy who can understand a female lead...

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 12:55:29 PM
The guys invented stuff too.  Jondalar created the spear-thrower, Tamut invented Booza (grateful thanks), and Ranec was an originator of figurines.   

Jim-Kjelgaard, writer of children's books,  wrote Fire Hunter, with a male hero, Hawk, who invented the spear-thrower, living in caves, the bow and arrow, poisoning the arrow heads with serpent's venom, and a bunch of other stuff, He defended his female partner, Willow, from danger.  Both were thrown out of the tribe, and had to make it on their own.  Willow was wounded and could not keep up with the tribe, and Hawk was banished for not being superstitious enough and inventing things that were untraditional and unpleasing to the gods.

I'm pretty sure Jean Auel must have read it as part of her research.  The similarities were striking, but they never had sex, at least in the book.  Willow was more just there as a supporting character, but she did invent a smoke hole for their cave, which make Hawk very proud of her.

Baruch

Yes, some kitties are more feral than others ... though technically, Smilodon isn't a feline.  Kind of like a ferret on steroids!  I especially like the man-eating giant land parrots of Argentina ... wish they were still around ... and the Giant Sloth could teach couch potatoes a thing or two ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 02:55:17 PM
Yes, some kitties are more feral than others ... though technically, Smilodon isn't a feline.  Kind of like a ferret on steroids!  I especially like the man-eating giant land parrots of Argentina ... wish they were still around ... and the Giant Sloth could teach couch potatoes a thing or two ;-)
Did you read that book?  They are out of print, and used copies are going for over $50

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 05, 2017, 04:06:20 PM
Did you read that book?  They are out of print, and used copies are going for over $50

Sorry, but sounds like fun ... and it would piss off the feminists too ;-)  Actual prehistoric society is both different from feminism, from patriarchy and from Marxism ... all three are bad anthropology.  Watch any old film about the San people of S Africa ... and learn what people really are all about.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.