News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is a ban on Muslims legal???

Started by fencerider, February 03, 2017, 05:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2017, 01:08:57 AM
One can have knowledge aside from being a State Dept employee.  The rest of it is just gratuitous insult and not worthy of reply.

But all Bush people, all Clinton people, all Obama people (and so on going back to LBJ) are traitors, aren't they?

And without inside info on the State Department (and you admit neither of us have it) ... then we should shut up, other than bitching about things we don't know about.  I do know about DoD medicine, that I can comment about, but won't because it is against regs for me to do so.  You are retired, at least for awhile, you would be an expert in the internal conditions of the departments you worked for .. but only if you care to share.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on March 04, 2017, 01:32:25 AM
Thanks Cavebear. I'm not as good on laws as the Constitution. I guess with that law, it doesn't matter if it violates the Constitution.

But Baruch has brought up the point of contradiction. The law also says the president can block anyone that is considered a national security threat. So which law takes priority?

As I understand it, the President can block individuals for national security reasons, but not whole classes of foreigners allowed in by law.  And immigration laws are passed by Congress.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2017, 04:33:58 PM
As I understand it, the President can block individuals for national security reasons, but not whole classes of foreigners allowed in by law.  And immigration laws are passed by Congress.

All laws are passed by Congress (except for those nasty signing statements so recently abused by the last two Presidents).  And Congress passes turds too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.