News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is a ban on Muslims legal???

Started by fencerider, February 03, 2017, 05:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2017, 08:55:03 AM
You are forgetting the other 250 million laws and regulations, that mutually contradict ... that have to be interpreted by a judge.  There have been existing vetting process for travelers and immigrants, from every country ... Trump just wants the State Department to tweak the ones for 7 countries (out of over 200 countries) and the ban is temporary, until the State Department gets its act together.  The State Department, actually had the "blind sheik" who first attacked the Twin Towers in 1993 .. admitted under a preference that was politically motivated.  The "blind sheik" wasn't pro-American, or under threat by his home country, other than that he was a terrorist.

Discrimination isn't the same as reasonable "vetting".  The latter is allowed, the former is not.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2017, 09:01:30 AM
Discrimination isn't the same as reasonable "vetting".  The latter is allowed, the former is not.

Well those countries aren't majority Amish are they?  And they do send us terrorists, do they not?  According to DHS they do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2017, 09:12:29 AM
Well those countries aren't majority Amish are they?  And they do send us terrorists, do they not?  According to DHS they do.

No, actually they don't.  Fact quote please...  Last I read the last person from any of those nations who committed a terrorist act was 1975 and that was an isolated event. 

Put up or shut up.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2017, 09:23:34 AM
No, actually they don't.  Fact quote please...  Last I read the last person from any of those nations who committed a terrorist act was 1975 and that was an isolated event. 

Put up or shut up.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/terrorism-and-trumps-travel-ban/

Not 9/11 terrorists, those were mostly from our ally, Saudi Arabia.  But still mostly people I wouldn't give a visa to.  Just a simple need to tighten competency at the State Department after Hillary's incompetent but bloodthirsty tenure.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2017, 08:38:30 PM
http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/terrorism-and-trumps-travel-ban/

Not 9/11 terrorists, those were mostly from our ally, Saudi Arabia.  But still mostly people I wouldn't give a visa to.  Just a simple need to tighten competency at the State Department after Hillary's incompetent but bloodthirsty tenure.

So, not a shred of evidence, but an assumption that no one who has attacked us here is a basis for policy?  Are you even aware that legal immigrants from those places are highly vetted for years?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 02, 2017, 08:07:19 AM
So, not a shred of evidence, but an assumption that no one who has attacked us here is a basis for policy?  Are you even aware that legal immigrants from those places are highly vetted for years?

So you worked in the State Department during Hillary's tenure?  If not, you are just a Hillary bot and Demo-crud.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2017, 09:12:29 AM
Yeah, well, so does Montana...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 02, 2017, 04:48:03 PM
Yeah, well, so does Montana...

Good reason to wall up Montana and throw away the key ... actually Dick Cheney is from Wyoming ... wall that state up first.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

News flash this country can make anything it wants legal. You think we got freedom of speech? LOL. The only thing it seems we have is the right to bare arms which honestly I don't know how I feel, I can see both sides.
These days if I wasn't a felon I think I might like to own a gun. All though I wouldN'T be like my dad and keep the cabinet unlocked and let assholic kids take them out when ever they want. If you saw the shit that goes on around that farm you'd probably have a heart attack.

any how back to topic. Legal isn't even a thing any more.

You know when I was a kid I read this book called animal farm...

Baruch

Quote from: doorknob on March 03, 2017, 03:22:26 PM
News flash this country can make anything it wants legal. You think we got freedom of speech? LOL. The only thing it seems we have is the right to bare arms which honestly I don't know how I feel, I can see both sides.
These days if I wasn't a felon I think I might like to own a gun. All though I wouldN'T be like my dad and keep the cabinet unlocked and let assholic kids take them out when ever they want. If you saw the shit that goes on around that farm you'd probably have a heart attack.

any how back to topic. Legal isn't even a thing any more.

You know when I was a kid I read this book called animal farm...

Quite a few pigs around here, getting uppity too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

And quite a few people who can't tell Snowball from Napoleon.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 03, 2017, 06:20:39 PM
And quite a few people who can't tell Snowball from Napoleon.

Like the  horse, we are all heading for the glue factory.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2017, 01:33:23 AM
The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 forbids discrimination against immigrants based on their "nationality, place of birth, or place of residence." It is really that clear and straightforward.
Thanks Cavebear. I'm not as good on laws as the Constitution. I guess with that law, it doesn't matter if it violates the Constitution.

But Baruch has brought up the point of contradiction. The law also says the president can block anyone that is considered a national security threat. So which law takes priority?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

The US President is a Commander-in-Chief (thanks George Washington).  This is unlike any other country.  The war-making powers of the Presidency are ambiguous and touchy.  Blocking foreign entrance ... is on the edge of war-making powers.  The President carries out the laws of Congress, but with his/her interpretive spin.  If the President determines that the State department isn't doing its job, he can shut all entrance to the US down ... until the State department is reorganized.  And one  could extend that, by being very slow in reorganizing.  The original OP is no big deal compared to that.  But R and D both want a new President, of their own choice ... Hillary vs Paul Ryan maybe.  An election do over.  But that isn't in the Constitution.  The R and D people don't care for the Constitution, beyond lip service.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 02, 2017, 01:07:26 PM
So you worked in the State Department during Hillary's tenure?  If not, you are just a Hillary bot and Demo-crud.

One can have knowledge aside from being a State Dept employee.  The rest of it is just gratuitous insult and not worthy of reply.