Started by fencerider, February 03, 2017, 05:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
The wall of Jericho didn't work,
The Great Wall of China didn't work,
Hadrian's Wall didn't work,
The Berlin Wall didn't work,
So I bet Chump's Wall won't work, either...

Yes, but killing barbarians (brown folk) didn't work either.  Enjoy your new Visigoth masters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

One problem with walls, even the really high ones made out of thick bunker grade reinforced concrete, is that they require massive military forces to defend them.  Why not just line up our guys on the border and shoot anyone trying to cross?  In fact, without the wall, you might even be able to see Mexico from your house.  You could see the drug runners and the immigrants coming long before they get to the border and mow them down at a greater distance, and at great savings, which we could then funnel into real estate development.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 09, 2017, 09:03:16 AM
One problem with walls, even the really high ones made out of thick bunker grade reinforced concrete, is that they require massive military forces to defend them.  Why not just line up our guys on the border and shoot anyone trying to cross?  In fact, without the wall, you might even be able to see Mexico from your house.  You could see the drug runners and the immigrants coming long before they get to the border and mow them down at a greater distance, and at great savings, which we could then funnel into real estate development.

The US is always about crooked real estate development, since Jamestown.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 08, 2017, 11:55:26 PM
What about Americans of Canadian descent?  Can we have a some sort of right of return deal, like Jews and Israel? 

I already like snow and hockey and pepper "eh?" in my sentences.  I also hold doors open for people who are over 20 feet 6 meters away.  And I could finally become fully fluent in French if that sweetens the deal.  If the answer is still no, just let me say one last thing:

I'm sorry.
And soon the climate of Canada will be ever so much more tropical! Just think, Arctic beaches!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on February 09, 2017, 09:03:16 AM
I don't know why they don't just use land mines, like they've done in so many other places. Maybe "nucyular" land mines - yeah, that's the ticket!
God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 08, 2017, 11:55:26 PM
What about Americans of Canadian descent?  Can we have a some sort of right of return deal, like Jews and Israel? 

I already like snow and hockey and pepper "eh?" in my sentences.  I also hold doors open for people who are over 20 feet 6 meters away.  And I could finally become fully fluent in French if that sweetens the deal.  If the answer is still no, just let me say one last thing:

I'm sorry.

I am only a generation removed from northern Italy (and three from the south), surely that should be enough to go back? Maybe change my name back to Italian, convert to Islam or something, and get deported back?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

When you get back to Italy ... convert from Islam to Catholicism ... because that is your ticket to the monastery.  Just don't burn the library down like in Name Of The Rose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Sr Bush saying atheist aren't Americans is a really ironic Holier-than-thou attitude. Don't forget papa Bush was a big CIA hitman. The conspiracies say he was made president to make sure that the statute of limitations for Iran contras and Nixon ran out under a friendly boss.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
The wall of Jericho didn't work,
The Great Wall of China didn't work,
Hadrian's Wall didn't work,
The Berlin Wall didn't work,
So I bet Chump's Wall won't work, either...

But they were all built, and at great cost.  Futility doesn't stop the waste and the wasted effort.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 01:44:08 AM
But they were all built, and at great cost.  Futility doesn't stop the waste and the wasted effort.

Life is a wasted effort, marriage is a wasted effort, gainful work is a wasted effort, children are a wasted effort.  But I choose to do it anyway.  Government programs are to burn taxpayer money ... not a wasted effort, even if digging holes and filling them back up again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2017, 09:35:50 AM
Life is a wasted effort, marriage is a wasted effort, gainful work is a wasted effort, children are a wasted effort.  But I choose to do it anyway.  Government programs are to burn taxpayer money ... not a wasted effort, even if digging holes and filling them back up again.

I am saddened by your pessimism and misery.  How about I tell you a nice joke to bring a smile to you?

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine they lay down in the tent for the night, and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?" Watson pondered for a minute.

"Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?”

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, someone has stolen our tent!"

Better?

fencerider

nah we don't need a wall. Obama already proved that drones work. Stop pesterin Pakistan and put those drones by Sonora, Nogales, Las Cruses, and Calexico.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2017, 09:35:50 AM

Yeah, as Darrow pointed out:

QuoteWe are born and we die; and between these two most important events in our lives more or less time elapses which we have to waste somehow or other. In the end it does not seem to matter much whether we have done so in making money, or practicing law, or reading or playing, or in any other way, as long as we felt we were deriving a maximum of happiness out of our doings.
God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 11, 2017, 04:20:55 PM
Yeah, as Darrow pointed out:

Darrow was thoughtful and even profound on occasions...  Life is what you do with it that matters to you so far as it harms no one.