Donald Trump seems determined to destroy the separation of Church and State

Started by fencerider, February 03, 2017, 05:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteI've never made excuses for trump darling, merely pointing bs on both sides.[/quoote]

Bs on both sides... so long as it's the side you disagree with. Aight.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Shiranu, despite what you think, I'm not pro trump, or pro conservative. And just because someone disagrees with extremist left doesn't automatically put them in the far right camp.

I know you think the world's out to get you, but it really isn't. The world isn't quite as black and white as that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

QuoteI know you think the world's out to get you...

Then you know nothing, Jon Snow.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 04, 2017, 05:27:51 AM
Then you know nothing, Jon Snow.

Game of Thrones for real ... it is kill or be killed, snowflakes.  And keep an eye out for dragons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

It goes back further. Bush Sr was once asked about atheists and he said he didn't consider they should be considered citizens. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 05:20:05 AM
It goes back further. Bush Sr was once asked about atheists and he said he didn't consider they should be considered citizens.

That was posted elsewhere ... but in the context of Communism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 09:09:20 AM
That was posted elsewhere ... but in the context of Communism.

Bush said it Robert Sherman at a formal press conference at Chicago's O'Hare airport in which Mr. Bush, then vice president, said that he didn't think atheists should be considered citizens or patriots since, "we are one nation under God."  It has been confirmed in later statements as fact.

Baruch

At that time, in the popular imagination, Communism and atheism were the same thing.  Of course to the Founding Fathers ... deity was the Freemasonry kind ... not Abrahamic, more like Mithraism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 11:54:54 AM
At that time, in the popular imagination, Communism and atheism were the same thing.  Of course to the Founding Fathers ... deity was the Freemasonry kind ... not Abrahamic, more like Mithraism.

Bush Sr wasn't THAT long ago, LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 01:17:25 PM
Bush Sr wasn't THAT long ago, LOL!

Tell that to his poor gerontologist ;-(  My mother is only a few years younger than he is.  Doesn't look fun being a living fossil, a coelacanth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 03, 2017, 06:23:48 PM
If you are gay married, then I think you should definitely move to Canada for awhile, rather than put up with moralist bullshit ... hopefully you can come back some day.  Draft protestors had to do this before you.

Yeah, Canada's going to have to build their own wall, to keep out American refugees. I wonder if they can get America to pay for it?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2017, 07:33:18 PM
Yeah, Canada's going to have to build their own wall, to keep out American refugees. I wonder if they can get America to pay for it?

Just found this:

Canadians want to build a wall, too â€" to keep Americans out
God Not Found

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2017, 07:33:18 PM

Trump might as well build them both at the same time.  Maybe he will outsource both of them to the Russians, who have some experience, but Ronald Reagan told them to "Tear down that wall," in an order he issued to Gorbachev, but by the time he issued the order, it was already pretty much demolished by the Kremlin, so it was kind of a silly order, but Reagan had forgotten that it was already gone because he had Alzheimer's; The Chinese have also built a dandy wall, but that was a while ago, and now it's just a tourist attraction.  Trump will issue a bunch of one way permits for those who want to leave.  And Trump will make the Canadians pay for it.

Walls do make a lot of sense, because nobody could ever climb over a wall.  It just can't be done.

Unbeliever

The wall of Jericho didn't work,
The Great Wall of China didn't work,
Hadrian's Wall didn't work,
The Berlin Wall didn't work,
So I bet Chump's Wall won't work, either...

God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2017, 09:08:17 PM
Just found this:

Canadians want to build a wall, too â€" to keep Americans out
What about Americans of Canadian descent?  Can we have a some sort of right of return deal, like Jews and Israel? 

I already like snow and hockey and pepper "eh?" in my sentences.  I also hold doors open for people who are over 20 feet 6 meters away.  And I could finally become fully fluent in French if that sweetens the deal.  If the answer is still no, just let me say one last thing:

I'm sorry.