Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

SGOS

Quote from: Sorginak on March 19, 2017, 12:46:47 PM
The polls they were showing during Face The Nation this morning seemed to imply that people like and trust Trump. 
That poll was hard to understand.  The results were displayed in a way I've never seen.  The partisan responses were as I would have expected, but I think it would have been clearer if they would have broken it down across the population at large.  Maybe I'm just not used to that format.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on March 19, 2017, 03:14:34 PM
That poll was hard to understand.  The results were displayed in a way I've never seen.  The partisan responses were as I would have expected, but I think it would have been clearer if they would have broken it down across the population at large.  Maybe I'm just not used to that format.

I understand the conclusions.  We are more divided than ever.

Trump supportors trust him utterly no matter what nonsense he says and even when he says opposite things.  They aren't aggreeing, they are "believing".  They trust him completely.  Rational voters don't.

This is becoming a challenge of thought vs nonsense, and there are a frightening number of people who are nonsensical
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on March 21, 2017, 05:18:30 AM
The most unpopular "president" in living memory, unpresident Dongle Tramp, has become even more unpopular.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/19/president-trumps-approval-rating-dips-further-as-americans-eye-key-policies.html

US government just banned anything carryon on international flights, that is electronic, and larger than a cell phone.  You have to check your laptop/tablet in your baggage.  Take care on your travels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2017, 04:56:20 AM
I understand the conclusions.  We are more divided than ever.

Trump supportors trust him utterly no matter what nonsense he says and even when he says opposite things.  They aren't aggreeing, they are "believing".  They trust him completely.  Rational voters don't.

This is becoming a challenge of thought vs nonsense, and there are a frightening number of people who are nonsensical

After I posted, I had to struggle to understand why the poll bothered me.  First, it's statistical gibberish.  It says nothing about what percentage of the population supports Trump, and what percentage opposes.  It only tells what percentage of his supporters believe him, and in some of the interpretations used, it limits belief in Trump's claims to only his "strongest" supporters.  Well Ya-fuckin'-hoo.  Anyone who's been awake for the past 30 years should understand the dynamics of partisanship.  What would we expect?  That 84% of his "strongest supporters" think he's a liar?  I don't think so.  Well, maybe there is something useful to glean from this.  If so, it wouldn't be gibberish exactly, just useless maybe.

Second, let's superimpose this information on top of the poll provided by Atheon:  Around 37 percent of those polled disapprove of Trump.  While other presidents have received such ratings, none that I know have gotten to that point in the second month of their presidency.  Trump seems to be breaking new ground here, but lets go back to my second point because his approval rating isn't my main concern.  It's only related:

Who cares what some nebulous percentage of "strongest supporters" believe him?  I could come up with a guess off the top of my head that would be roughly in the ball park of the poll, or I could just throw darts at a chart, especially given the margin of error introduced by the concept of "strongest supporters."  Of course a strong supporter is going to believe him.  Because believing him would make a person a strong supporter.  It's kind of the definition.

Baruch

Prejudice applied to rhetoric, which is then applied to observation and inquiry ... crapifying any evidence with bias or spin.  Any real analysis, has to be based on raw numbers, never on percentages.  And you have to include all the data (including the questions asked, are they leading questions?).  Any attempt to exclude responses is simply falsification ... even if the questions are legitimate.  This is why Hillary's pre-election polls were wrong ... they were biased to tell her what she wanted to hear.  This is what happens when you have hideous syncophants as followers.  They can't speak truth to power.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on March 21, 2017, 09:09:23 AM
After I posted, I had to struggle to understand why the poll bothered me.  First, it's statistical gibberish.  It says nothing about what percentage of the population supports Trump, and what percentage opposes.  It only tells what percentage of his supporters believe him, and in some of the interpretations used, it limits belief in Trump's claims to only his "strongest" supporters.  Well Ya-fuckin'-hoo.  Anyone who's been awake for the past 30 years should understand the dynamics of partisanship.  What would we expect?  That 84% of his "strongest supporters" think he's a liar?  I don't think so.  Well, maybe there is something useful to glean from this.  If so, it wouldn't be gibberish exactly, just useless maybe.

Second, let's superimpose this information on top of the poll provided by Atheon:  Around 37 percent of those polled disapprove of Trump.  While other presidents have received such ratings, none that I know have gotten to that point in the second month of their presidency.  Trump seems to be breaking new ground here, but lets go back to my second point because his approval rating isn't my main concern.  It's only related:

Who cares what some nebulous percentage of "strongest supporters" believe him?  I could come up with a guess off the top of my head that would be roughly in the ball park of the poll, or I could just throw darts at a chart, especially given the margin of error introduced by the concept of "strongest supporters."  Of course a strong supporter is going to believe him.  Because believing him would make a person a strong supporter.  It's kind of the definition.

There are polls more detailed than that.  Seek an ye shall find.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!