Poll: voters despise Trump, favor Obama

Started by Hydra009, February 02, 2017, 07:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

QuoteLess than 2 weeks into Donald Trump's tenure as President, 40% of voters already want to impeach him. That's up from 35% of voters who wanted to impeach him a week ago. Only 48% of voters say that they would be opposed to Trump's impeachment.
Other key findings:

* 52% say they'd rather Obama was President, to only 43% who are glad Trump is
* 47% supported Trump's immigration order, 49% are opposed
* 52% of voters think that the order was intended to be a Muslim ban, 41% don't think that was the intent
* 39% of voters think it was well executed, 55% believe it was poorly executed
* the idea of a Muslim ban is extremely unpopular with the American people - only 26% are in favor of it, to 65% who are against it
* 19% of voters see Bannon favorably, to 40% have a negative opinion of him
* 40% of voters support building the wall if American taxpayers have to front the cost for it, 54% are opposed
* 46% of voters now say they support Obamacare, 41% are opposed
* Paul Ryan has a 35/43 approval/disapproval rating, Mitch McConnell's is 17/55, Democrats lead the generic Congressional ballot 45/42.

Source:  http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_2217.pdf

Atheon

The American People don't like fascism. Hell, our grandparents fought the fascists in WWII.

Many Tmurp voters are now feeling buyer's remorse. He's drunk with power and is creating havoc. The more he tightens his grip, the more people will slip through his fingers.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

The more I think about it the more I think the 'American people' are too stupid to be bothered to vote.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Unbeliever

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 03, 2017, 12:12:26 PM
The more I think about it the more I think the 'American people' are too stupid to be bothered to vote.
Well, they may finally be waking up, now that it's too fucking late!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on February 03, 2017, 11:53:42 AM
The American People don't like fascism. Hell, our grandparents fought the fascists in WWII.

Many Tmurp voters are now feeling buyer's remorse. He's drunk with power and is creating havoc. The more he tightens his grip, the more people will slip through his fingers.

Americans in WW II .. fascists fighting fascists.  Don't let your parents or grandparents BS you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 03, 2017, 01:16:55 PM
Well, they may finally be waking up, now that it's too fucking late!

So, more votes for Sarah Palin?  Optimists are so ... funny ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Welcome to year 1 of American Fascism.  It always surprises people when it happens to THEM!  History is mostly authoritarian, and no one ever sees it coming.  You think we are immune?  Ask the Europeans...

The good news is that it is much harder for it to happen here.  The bad news is that it CAN happen anywhere.

When people choose isolationist safety and security over freedom, authoritarianism is not far behind.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

Update:

Even more people favor impeaching Trump.  It's up to 46% from the 40% earlier.  Mr. Winning is looking more and more like a gigantic Loser.

Also, not only would people prefer Obama to Trump, they'd prefer Clinton to Trump (49/45).  Funny how things change in 3 months.

* 53% trust the nation's judges more than Trump to make the right decisions for the US
* A plurality of voters dislike DeVos, Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, and Sean Spicer.
* A plurality of voters support Obamacare.  65% would like to keep it and just fix parts that need fixing.
* Voters say the New York Times has more credibility than Trump.  Hell, they even say that SNL has more credibility than Trump.
* Dems now lead on a generic ballot with 49/41

Trump voters are looking increasingly idiotic and disconnected with reality:

* 51% of Trump voters say the Bowling Green Massacre (a fictional massacre) shows why Trump's immigration policy is needed.
* 51% of Trump voters think that Trump should be able to overturn judicial decisions that he disagrees with.  Apparently, they have yet to learn the difference between a President and a King.  Or as PPP dryly remarks, "Trump voters have evidently had enough of the Constitution and those pesky checks and balances"
* Only 47% of Trump voters know that Fredrick Douglas is dead.  He died over a century ago, just fyi.
* 46% of Trump voters think there should be a White History Month compared to just 36% who oppose that idea.  No word yet if they'd settle for Aryan master race week instead.

Baruch

Choosing a cabinet, that is ultimately approved by the Senate, is not an impeachable offense.  In fact police state and militarism aren't impeachable offenses.  The government decides what is "high crime and misdemeanor" ... and the government is criminal ... so how do you think that will work out?  This doesn't work out so well for governors of Illinois (4 of the last 7 have gone to jail).  Say what you can against Illinois, but at least they jail dysfunctional leaders.  The Federal government has never done that ... though it got close with Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, on purely moral or political grounds .. but not on legal grounds.

One can say, that GB is more functional than the US ... because Parliament can have a vote of no-confidence.  That doesn't happen in the US, either legally or ideologically.  Congress itself has only a 10% approval rating.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on February 13, 2017, 07:30:36 PMChoosing a cabinet, that is ultimately approved by the Senate, is not an impeachable offense.
I agree.  Apparently, that's one of the many ways Americans express disapproval.  A vote of no confidence would be better, though it's strange to go from President Elect to President No Confidence in less than a month.  But then again, our electoral vote system is also strange.  I suppose we live in strange times.

Cocoa Beware

Color me unsurprised.

I mean that idiotic wall he promised would be 12-15 billion is now 21.6 and will take 3.5 years to complete (bear in mind the inevitable cost and schedule overrun will make this a great deal more expensive and time consuming) is just one of the dozens of gallingly idiotic things he has somehow managed to cram into 3 weeks.

I mean... did anyone see what he did the other day, he nodded along to the Japanese PM without his earpiece... as if he was under the delusion he understood Japanese or something even more insane, he was trying to convince everyone that he speaks fluent Japanese.

Every day with this now. It's an unprecedented (or unpresedented, as Trump would say) display of imbecility.

fencerider

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on February 13, 2017, 11:17:53 PM
Every day with this now. It's an unprecedented (or unpresedented, as Trump would say) display of imbecility.
Been sayin that since election day and got chewed out by a few Trump supporters. Although it should be becoming obvious to everyone, but his dumbest supporters. So how does President Pence sound? not a good alternative.

Hydra your factoids dont mean a damm thing. Trump won he's right. The 49% that voted against him don't matter. The people voted for him so he doesnt have to listen to the side that lost.... ok I'm chokin on sarcasm already. The dude is too dense for any of your factoids to sink in. And the dude is also a little bit arrogant about winning...
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on February 13, 2017, 11:17:53 PM
Color me unsurprised.

I mean that idiotic wall he promised would be 12-15 billion is now 21.6 and will take 3.5 years to complete (bear in mind the inevitable cost and schedule overrun will make this a great deal more expensive and time consuming) is just one of the dozens of gallingly idiotic things he has somehow managed to cram into 3 weeks.

I mean... did anyone see what he did the other day, he nodded along to the Japanese PM without his earpiece... as if he was under the delusion he understood Japanese or something even more insane, he was trying to convince everyone that he speaks fluent Japanese.

Even I know what "ah so" means.  At least, unlike George Sr ... he didn't vomit on him ;-)  George W vomited when the out of touch guy was told "that is raw fish"!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

His approval numbers actually strike me as very good.  43% favoring Trump over Obama is both surprising high, while not hard to understand on deeper reflection.  America has been whipping itself into a frenzied hysteria of frustration and hatred for the last 30 years.  Imagine yourself in the 20 something generation today.  You would have never experienced a government during your brief life that on a good day could actually reach an agreement over an issue.  You would assume that what you have been led to believe is the perfect form of government is something that is normal and as it should be.

You would accept that the hatred spewed on talk radio is justified and necessary.  Many would believe that the victory of an ideology could be achieved only by putting a personification of the ideals of Rush Limbaugh in charge.  If he happened to be an asshole, so much the better for the country.  You would understand that discussion and communication does not work, and that only authoritarian force could extract the proper behavior out of a weak majority opposition, and this would demonstrate to your hated enemies, both foreign and domestic, who the boss of the place is.  And it would be satisfying to know in your heart that's what they deserve.

pr126

Does anyone here knows what fascism really is?

Hint: Benito Mussolini.