Poll: voters despise Trump, favor Obama

Started by Hydra009, February 02, 2017, 07:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on March 06, 2017, 02:17:14 AM
One wonders where the left get their "facts" from.

"Facts" like Trump is literally Hitler, he will deport all aliens, he will start WWIII, he will put all Muslims into interment camps, he will destroy America, he will enslave all Americans, no more freedom of any kind, and all sundry of total destruction of everything we hold dear.

Are these "facts" from the MSM? The academia? The George Soros NGOs?

Who is controlling your minds?

Do you ever question, look for evidence in other than the "approved" sources?

Said without a hint of irony. Truly impressive.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: pr126 on March 06, 2017, 02:17:14 AMOne wonders where the left get their "facts" from.
Relevant experts or journalists reporting from relevant experts, mostly. 

Where do you get yours from, some batshit blog listing zero sources?

pr126

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 06, 2017, 12:09:49 PM
Relevant experts or journalists reporting from relevant experts, mostly. 

Where do you get yours from, some batshit blog listing zero sources?
From the sites "liberals" dare not go. The alternate reality.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on March 06, 2017, 07:35:09 AM
Said without a hint of irony. Truly impressive.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 07, 2017, 01:13:29 PM
Nothing like you.

His avatar is definitely less pretty than mine.  Have you seen pictures of Capuchin monk mummies?  That is what you will look like, many years after you join the monastery (some of us will look worse).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 06, 2017, 02:17:14 AM
One wonders where the left get their "facts" from.

"Facts" like Trump is literally Hitler, he will deport all aliens, he will start WWIII, he will put all Muslims into interment camps, he will destroy America, he will enslave all Americans, no more freedom of any kind, and all sundry of total destruction of everything we hold dear.

Are these "facts" from the MSM? The academia? The George Soros NGOs?

Who is controlling your minds?

Well, Trump IS trying deport all aliens, he IS supporting nuclearizing more nations (which would make WWIII more likely), he IS suggesting Moslem internment (or at least  removal and surveillance), and he IS trying to reduce freedom of speech and expanding the definitions of libel.

That seems pretty "factual" to me.

Do you ever question, look for evidence in other than the "approved" sources?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 02, 2017, 02:05:35 PM

Some Democrats claim that the Russian hacks on the DNC and the Clinton emails influenced the results of the election, not that Russians hacked the actual election.

I was watching AC 360 on CNN last night and caught this; Anderson Cooper - "But we actually know that the Russians hacked into the election which is--"

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1703/16/acd.01.html

He didn't say hacking during the campaign or hacking concerning the election. He said hacked into the election, and just left it at that. Didn't explain what he meant or what he was talking about. If you can't see why the MSM does this...

Enemy of the American people. Not because they criticize Trump, since there is plenty to legitimately criticize him for, and Trump is absolutely also enemy of the people, but when the MSM constantly lies to the people and kneecaps actual progressives like Bernie who want to help Americans far more than the people the MSM props up, they are an enemy. You kneecap progressives and that hurts the American people. Kneecapping Bernie got Trump elected. Covering Trump's empty podiums rather than covering Bernie rallies and smearing Bernie when he actually was covered gave you Donald Trump.

Hydra009

Most articles that refer to a "Russian hack" explain that they're talking about the leaking of DNC data on Wikileaks in the run-up to the election, not a hack of the actual election.  By "Russian hack" they're not talking about Russian operatives changing the vote tallies or whatever other nonsense you think they're saying.  Apparently, some don't do as good a job of explaining that as others.  And CNN is not particularly well known for its accurate reporting, so no surprise there.

It's pretty mystifying how you ignore the more numerous accurately-stated allegations and instead focus on the few muddled, misleading statements and pretend like that's the real argument.  I suppose that's the only position you feel you can convincingly argue against.

I would agree with you in that the media "lies" in the sense that inaccurate reporting, true but misleading information, bullshit talking points, false balance, and an increasingly infotainment format is really hurting the media's reliability and accuracy.

However, Trump's statement goes much, much further than that.  It brands the press in general as traitors to the American people, which is a hell of a charge to make.  And coincidentally, the press is often critical of Trump and his policies.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out the motivation behind his statement.

Obviously, I don't agree with that.  McCain doesn't agree with thatBush W doesn't agree with that.  I doubt any American who actually believes in the First Amendment agrees with that.

And also, we've seen this song and dance before with tinpot dictators.  If you're cool with that, more's the pity.

Sorginak

The major problem with Trump is that he is attempting to run the government as a business; an employer in charge of his employees.

It just will not work.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on March 17, 2017, 03:43:35 PM
The major problem with Trump is that he is attempting to run the government as a business; an employer in charge of his employees.

It just will not work.

Congress = herding feral cats with rabies.  Get someone else to cage them ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sorginak on March 17, 2017, 03:43:35 PM

It just will not work.

It's worse.  He is showing increasing signs of authoritarianism.  He is attacking the professional media as fake news and favoring the minor ones who support him, he is making unsupported claims against political rivals and suggesting criminal activity, he is spreading rumors, he is diminishing the public trust in all government systems, and he is isolating us from our allies (I suspect) in order to increase his domestic control of business and monetary policy.

That's how it historically starts.  No one ever thinks it will happen "here" (wherever they live)...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 17, 2017, 03:33:56 PM
However, Trump's statement goes much, much further than that.  It brands the press in general as traitors to the American people, which is a hell of a charge to make.  And coincidentally, the press is often critical of Trump and his policies.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out the motivation behind his statement.

Obviously, I don't agree with that.  McCain doesn't agree with thatBush W doesn't agree with that.  I doubt any American who actually believes in the First Amendment agrees with that.

And also, we've seen this song and dance before with tinpot dictators.  If you're cool with that, more's the pity.
They absolutely are traitors to the American people. Every time more civil liberties are taken away or about to be taken away, MSM defends them all the way along. Obama had the right to lock up American citizens on American soil without trial, and the media cheers this on and calls it necessary to protect Americans from terrorists. The MSM covers Syria and portrays the Muslim terrorists as the good guys while at the same time pushing for intervention and ground troops.

In the wikileaks emails there was talk of conspiring to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. This is the job of the media. To help those in power keep the citizens unaware and compliant. Now, I would imagine you would agree with me that it's insane that protesters on American soil can be locked up without trial and I would imagine that you agree with me that it's horrible that the MSM covered for Obama in this instance and in others where civil liberties were being lost, etc, so why defend the media knowing that they do this? It reminds me of TYT. Before Trump was in office, they said the MSM was horrible, but now that Trump is in office and knocked the media, they're starting to call these media outlets respectable. The enemy of my enemy is my friend? I don't get it.

Baruch

You don't get it?  Most people are theists.  The Democrats are the Holy People.  The MSM are the Holy Messengers.  The DNC are the Holy Saints.  The D-plutocracy are the Holy Saviors.  This is idolatry of course.  The R-demons worship a different Devil.

It is OK if people don't like someone they never met ... dislike them by their reputation (earned or not).  This is the kind of monkey business even atheists (so called rational and moderate skeptics) are capable of.  For some atheists .. the Democrats, MSM, DNC and D-plutocracy fill their ideological needs, instead of theological needs.  But for most people, their feelings are of a theological sort.  The superiority of the D-party is simply natural, rather than supernatural ;-p
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

The polls they were showing during Face The Nation this morning seemed to imply that people like and trust Trump. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationtracker-poll-whos-confident-and-whos-nervous/