News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

THe tolerant left

Started by pr126, February 02, 2017, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Berkley university students are intolerant to ideas that doesn't agree with them.

Is that where you want to be, America?

https://youtu.be/y3z_jqbLCz0

https://youtu.be/UXigavix4UQ

Atheon

My father, who witnessed the event, said "The fire ... was well outside the building, and started when a police-supplied floodlight caught on fire."

By the way, do you know what Milo does? He incites violence in his speeches; he singles people out, shows poster-sized photos of them, bullies them and then calls on people to attack them. This falls outside what it normally accepted as free speech, and it is why people protest him.

Milo is an "out" gay man who thinks that gay people shouldn't be "out". He incites violence, but whines when people protest him. He's basically hypocrisy on legs. Oh, and he works for Breitbart, a white supremacist propaganda site that trolls benevolent organizations with a view to destroying them.

The rioting wasn't started by Berkeley students either; it was started by anarchists who had nothing to do with the protests.

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2017/2/2/14482840/anarchists-uc-berkeley-violence-protests-california-golden-bears

I've been to a number of protests in the San Francisco Bay Area (where I spent much of my life), and it always happens: unaffiliated anarchist groups with nothing better to do show up and cause trouble. If there's violence and vandalism, it;s them, not the protestors. I have seen them being arrested on a number of occasions after starting trouble.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

widdershins

I can certainly see why people would protest this piece of shit, but really, when you get destructive or violent about it that only serves to make him out to be the good guy.  This type of behavior certainly seems to validate his "regressive left" propaganda and only serves to feed the paranoia he spreads.  The douchebag is trying to incite just this type of behavior just so that he can use it as evidence that he's right.  This helps noone but him.
This sentence is a lie...

Munch

Heres the thing people don't get about this. This is the authoritarian left striking out in their frustration to all recent events, unstable people with a political agenda of there own, but express it in this kind of manner. What nobody thinks about, as Dave Cullen made a point of, is when you have these kind of violent 'protesters' standing for the liberal left, in the foreground, doing things like this, speaking the same messages as the left do, it makes the left look like the assholes, and it makes people gravitate towards people like Milo or Trump.

In the same sense that its idiotic for any woman living in the west to support Isis or Sharia law, it should just as much have people on the left calling these psychotic cunts out on their bullshit, and not leaving it to right wing news outlets to blanket your entire side with the same image.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

If the college admin chooses not to invite Milo, that is fine.  The point is, the students consider themselves to be the college admin, only they aren't doing a sit in in the Dean's office, they are Yippies from the Democratic National Convention circa 1968.  Yes, the Left, partying like it is 1848 and Marx just wrote the Communist Manifesto.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Quote from: Munch on February 02, 2017, 01:01:18 PMIn the same sense that its idiotic for any woman living in the west to support Isis or Sharia law
...which I have never seen an instance of.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on February 02, 2017, 10:15:24 AM
Berkley university students are intolerant to ideas that doesn't agree with them.

Is that where you want to be, America?

Certainly proves we're all just like that, don't it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Who were those black-clad people, anyway? Could they have been agents provocateur bent on disrupting a peaceful demonstration? Could they have been Chump supporters bent on showing how "violent" the peaceful protesters are? How do we know who the hell those guys were?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

Quote...it should just as much have people on the left calling these psychotic cunts out on their bullshit...

And we do. These people are idiots. They also don't represent the larger cause.

Guess what? That's the exact same shit I and others have been saying for years and you ignore.

It's not about people calling them out, it's about closing your ears, saying lalala and only seeing what you want to see.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 02, 2017, 04:56:27 PM
And we do. These people are idiots. They also don't represent the larger cause.

Guess what? That's the exact same shit I and others have been saying for years and you ignore.

It's not about people calling them out, it's about closing your ears, saying lalala and only seeing what you want to see.

Do you really care so much about what I think. Well if you do awww thats so sweet. But regardless even if it did matter, whats more important, one British guy acknowledging it, or the message being made public to the america public so they won't vote in someone like trump.

Well thats mote, since they already did, but maybe in four years they will get a better idea. Remember in americas political system, you will have your right and left wingers, its the rest that need to be won over and tilt the balance.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

QuoteDo you really care so much about what I think.

We are on a forum, I care about what almost everyone thinks. If I didn't, I would not come here. Why would I read posts from people whom opinion I do not care?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on February 02, 2017, 05:17:15 PM
But regardless even if it did matter, whats more important, one British guy acknowledging it, or the message being made public to the america public so they won't vote in someone like trump.

The American people DID NOT vote in someone like Chump - he was placed in the office by the wealthy criminal class.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2017, 06:04:12 PM
The American people DID NOT vote in someone like Chump - he was placed in the office by the wealthy criminal class.

Like everyone back to Jack Kennedy at least.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.