News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

THe tolerant left

Started by pr126, February 02, 2017, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2017, 11:51:56 AMLiberalism makes things progressive, open and ahead of the times, but people take that belief and can go to far with it, until you have stuff like this.
I agree and obviously, I'm no fan of SJWs.  So here's the gameplan:  fight for liberal values but don't go full retard about it.  Super simple stuff.

QuoteBeing real here, it's fucking irritating, to see those who should be the sane, rational ones, standing against assholes like trump and religious doctrine, being just as bad as the ones their fighting against.
This I don't agree with.  Yeah, the left has an odious fringe.  Just as bad?  We've already discussed this.  These people are nowhere near power.  The same thing can't be said of the right.

The sane, rational thing to do is to reprioritize.  There are bigger fish to fry.  You don't have to forgive and you certainly don't have to forget, but you do have to move on.

QuoteIf the answer is you have to be as bad as the ones your against, then fuck it, I'd sooner be apathetic
That's not the answer though, or at least not my answer.  I want to preserve American secularism.  I want a freer and more egalitarian society.  And I want to go about fixing things with as much support as possible.  If you're done with liberalism because some SJW says something stupid, then the opponents of liberalism win.

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 04, 2017, 07:21:42 PM
It's liberal marxism/communism. Fascism is a conservative thing.

Please know what you're talking about if you're going to be all whiny about it.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/02/google_redefines_fascism_as_right_wing_movement.html

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 05, 2017, 11:22:47 AM
Alright. We will just take environmental responsibility, an emphasis on education, working for shorter work weeks like the rest of the world, working on socialized medicine, an emphasis on fair trade policies rather than free trade, laws stopping corporate exploitation, anti-corruption laws, yada yada back since a few liberals hurt your little feelings. Those things aren't that important anyways.

All good things, but neither side of the Dark Force will get you there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 05, 2017, 12:01:15 PM
Jesus. You really have issues.

Go on, do tell. Given that empathy and sarcasm are hard to rend over an internet forum.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on February 05, 2017, 12:29:06 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/02/google_redefines_fascism_as_right_wing_movement.html

That was necessary to point out, because people like some here, want to define all authoritarianism as Right ... that the only Left is hard anarchist.  Well that used to be called Left anarchism in my day.  I guess Right anarchism is kicked out of the Big Tent  ;-)) of the Occupy version of the D party.  I oppose authoritarianism myself, but I ain't no anarchist, but a "pragmatic" statist.  And some people are always doing the Twist to avoid being tarred by undesirable labels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2017, 12:30:34 PM
Go on, do tell. Given that empathy and sarcasm are hard to rend over an internet forum.

Emoticons are you friend, and the emojies are the future of New Speak.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 12:34:29 PM
Emoticons are you friend, and the emojies are the future of New Speak.

just the mention of those makes me rage at the idea someone produced a movie about them... whyyyyyyy...

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2017, 12:37:17 PM
just the mention of those makes me rage at the idea someone produced a movie about them... whyyyyyyy...

Angry Birds ... the app, the game, the movie ... just for snowflakes.  Too bad we raised the current youth on Care Bears and Rainbow Bright.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

chill98

Its not just a fringe element on the left.  This is from the womans march Jan 21. He recently did a 30 min interview on infowars.com  Kevin Martin if one is inclined to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRCs60otNc

PickelledEggs

I've personally never understood the Liberals jerking off to islam. It doesn't make sense to me.

Why would Liberals, a group of people that are for equal rights, so supportive of a belief set that teaches women to cover their bodies? It's not a normal belief. It's not a healthy belief. This is not just in the middle east that women are wearing full burkas. I've seen women, groups of women at a time, in full burkas. If you are going to try and tell me that I'm an asshole for saying that is an unhealty belief, that these women are brainwashed to thinking that they *need* to wear something that covers them because of their religion, you're backwards. I don't understand how feminists seem to support Islam either, for the same reason. The hijab and burka are worn to cover up and reduce sexual urges in the men, because if they aren't covered, in regards to *their religion* it's the woman's fault for the man's hornyness and also the woman's fault for being raped, if it happens. Isn't that the direct opposite of what feminists (and anyone else that is semi-logical) would say is a good thing? Pinning rape and the men's sexual desires on the women? It's retarded.

There are some other issues I have with islam and why it doesn't make sense as a culture/belief/etc, but this one takes the cake. It's the reason that not only directly conflicts my values and SJW/Feminists Values, but SJWs and Feminists don't seem to catch on to it.

I've in the past few months had a change of heart towards feminists as a whole, talking to a friend of mine that is feminist, but also an mra. Probably one of the most reasonable people I know of. I disagree on a few points, but the main thing is the thing I already knew, but forgot about. Feminists get a bad rap from the same usual reason any other group gets a bad rap. The people that are visible are always the most toxic. Sometimes that changes the face of a movement. My friend's feminism is not the same brand of feminism that I hate. It's completely different than the toxic sludge that we normally see. Shit that a ton of people have drank the kool-aide from. Sorry Shir, but you're one of those people that drank the toxic feminist/sjw kool-aide. You have a lot of great points, but they get watered down by shitty, unrealistic and demonizing rhetoric. I appreciate the good points you do bring up though.

Another thing to point out is that the saying "Islam is to isis as Chrisitanity is to the KKK" is only partly true. It is true that only a small amount of the people that believe this religion actually are going around blowing shit up/being terrorists/beheading people. But the KKK is not seeking out nuclear warheads. Isis is more akin to our military, which is another conversation all together. ISIS also has more power than the KKK. They didn't start calling it the Islamic *State* of Israel for no reason at all, after all. Over here, if you hear "KKK", the most that you're going to think is "the KKK are retarded racists" They're mostly laughed off. If you'r darker skinned though, not even necessarily black, it's a little more frightening, but not nearly as frightening as it is over in the middle east with ISIS towards their own people. ISIS aren't targeting light skinned people only. They are targeting muslims too. Muslims are afraid of ISIS.  For that reason and many others, it's important to recognize ISIS as a small(er) part of islam and not islam as a whole.

Mermaid

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 05, 2017, 12:56:03 PM
I've personally never understood the Liberals jerking off to islam. It doesn't make sense to me.

At the crux is free choice. If that is what you want to practice, that's your choice. People should not attempt to control the lives of other people. This is a basic liberal tenet.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on February 05, 2017, 12:29:06 PM
That site looks like a some kid's middle school project. You expect me to take it seriously?

Also with articles like "Anti-Trumpistas need two aspirins and a glass of water" It's pretty clear that it's far right in it's bias and isn't good at filtering out bullshit.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on February 05, 2017, 12:59:23 PM
At the crux is free choice. If that is what you want to practice, that's your choice. This is a basic liberal tenet.
In no way am I arguing that they should not have the choice. I understand that, but the belief directly conflicts with their morals. Do you deny that?

I am talking about criticizing their belief. This somehow makes anyone that does, the bad guy. They insist that you turn a blind eye to their actions. Remember Charlie Hedbo? Liberals were coming out of the cracks in the walls to say things like "well don't criticism islam. They asked to be shot up". Are you kidding me?? This is like saying "well don't make fun of neo-nazis and they won't put you in a gas chamber" I call bullshit.
The belief teaches women to make them think they need to cover up because they are to blame for men raping them if they aren't and the men get sexual desire. Doesn't that directly conflict with feminism/basic justice? If a man rapes, it's the man's fault. Not "what was she wearing". Come on, mermaid....

Now, I'm not in any way saying it would be a good thing to ban burkas or hijabs, but it's important to talk about these things and criticize them. Muslims have the right to wear them or not wear them, if they choose. This is good. BUT the fact that they feel compelled to wear them because it's "their fault if they get raped; not the man's" is a belief that directly contradicts what feminists argue that it's not the woman's fault. I agree with feminists/sjws on that. That it's not "what was she wearing". But at the same time, feminists and sjws have some sort of hard-on for this extremely backwards belief.

Shiranu

"Most" (there were a few that wore it for cultural reasons) of the women I have talked to who wear the hijab wear it because they feel it makes men look at them more as people than just for their looks, and they enjoy that added level of professionalism. It's not because they are afraid of being raped or whatever, it's just nice to be taken seriously at work and in public.

Of course, then men just see them for the scarf and not them... so I don't know how solid of argument that really is, but that is the reason they use and I think that perfectly melds with feminism. And I would say of the Muslims I know from work and school, maybe 10% wear any type of head covering... the rest dress in tight-ish jeans, t-shirts and button ups that show off their curves and act like any other girl. Obviously not all Muslims in the United States are like that... but like any immigrant population they are becoming more and more "Americanized" with each generation.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 05, 2017, 01:17:38 PM
"Most" (there were a few that wore it for cultural reasons) of the women I have talked to who wear the hijab wear it because they feel it makes men look at them more as people than just for their looks, and they enjoy that added level of professionalism. It's not because they are afraid of being raped or whatever, it's just nice to be taken seriously at work and in public

Pretty certain in the west that doesn't fly, since in most jobs they expect you to show your face and not cover it up, for security, and because in the west we tend to make more of a rapport with people when you can actually see their faces. You can't seriously believe the forced, indoctrinated religious rule of making women wear that is anything otherwise in the country it came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3m3t87-dk

Its no wonder from a young age girls are made to think that covering up everything from the world is a 'good thing'

QuoteOf course, then men just see them for the scarf and not them... so I don't know how solid of argument that really is, but that is the reason they use and I think that perfectly melds with feminism. And I would say of the Muslims I know from work and school, maybe 10% wear any type of head covering... the rest dress in tight-ish jeans, t-shirts and button ups that show off their curves and act like any other girl. Obviously not all Muslims in the United States are like that... but like any immigrant population they are becoming more and more "Americanized" with each generation.

last I checked, seeing someone who's parading around their religious symbolism in a workplace isn't what gets them hired. Here, in the uk, its a country with a rooted christian belief, but I don't see women working in supermarkets or offices dressed as nuns or having a big silver cross hung around their neck, most places I've worked in tell you to dress professionally and not cover yourself up or in bling.

I will always argue the point across, if you want to move to another country, be prepared to adapt into it. If you bring and try to force in your cultures belief into a new country you move to, then expect it to be shot down, because if you can't adapt, keep out.