News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

THe tolerant left

Started by pr126, February 02, 2017, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 04, 2017, 01:50:59 PM
you are making the violent protesters out to be the norm. They are not.

No, there not the norm. But unfortunately, the media puts them in the limelight, and makes it that much easier for everyone else to think 'this is the standard for the left now'.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on February 04, 2017, 02:00:14 PM
No, there not the norm. But unfortunately, the media puts them in the limelight, and makes it that much easier for everyone else to think 'this is the standard for the left now'.

Well, that's interesting to see you admit that.

What then do you propose the left do to change that? If we denounce, it's ignored. If we tried to get them out, we are violent towards anyone who disagrees with us. It seems no matter what action is taken, it's a lose-lose situation.

The power is in the media's hand, if you believe they are focusing too much on the violent left (which I am not sold on, I think it is a small portion of the media and the larger portion is either indifferent or sympathetic), then what power do the "good guys" have? Is it not up to the average person to not over-saturate misinformation rather than to expect the media to change?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Not sure when I gave the impression I thought otherwise.

This is simply a rage filled hormonal culture war at the moment, that the media films and puts out. When you have the loudest of these people screaming into a camera and waving their arms, anyone who has a rational point to make won't be heard. The only possible solution is to wait for them to burn out and die down, when things are calmer, to start pushing for more rational solutions.

The ones in these protests have no solutions, its why they are raging and burning things, because thats what chimps do when they feel threatened

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on February 04, 2017, 01:58:23 AM
The left are promoting love, inclusiveness, tolerance, equality, and peace for all.
With violent rioting. Fighting imagined "fascist" with real fascist methods. (Projecting.)

Liberal Fascism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vHUNoxywvg

https://youtu.be/Saqo9FGvVlc
It's liberal marxism/communism. Fascism is a conservative thing.

Please know what you're talking about if you're going to be all whiny about it.

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on February 04, 2017, 05:18:30 PM
Not sure when I gave the impression I thought otherwise.

I think it was your ugly digs at feminists.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 04, 2017, 07:26:44 PM
I think it was your ugly digs at feminists.

Maybe some feminists shouldn't have such ugly thoughts then, else be called out on it.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2017, 07:08:01 PM
Like everyone back to Jack Kennedy at least.

I ask for evidence...  It won't be as convincing as you hope.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Oh, oh, don't forget pr, it's just "some liberals" that do this, you know like "not all Muslims".

Phew, dodged a bullet there.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2017, 06:10:32 AM
Oh, oh, don't forget pr, it's just "some liberals" that do this, you know like "not all Muslims".

Phew, dodged a bullet there.

Sure, let's blame the liberals for everything.  Ending slavery, granting women the vote, setting working hours for laborers, reducing the percentage of rats in foods, stopping leaded paint and leaded gasoline, etc.

(Not hitting you)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 06:07:12 AM
I ask for evidence...  It won't be as convincing as you hope.

Every President since Eisenhower has been shit.  I don't need more evidence.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 06:14:57 AM
Sure, let's blame the liberals for everything.  Ending slavery, granting women the vote, setting working hours for laborers, reducing the percentage of rats in foods, stopping leaded paint and leaded gasoline, etc.

(Not hitting you)

Past liberals all did good things. But its like sugar, it tastes good, it makes thing sweeter, but if you keep eating it, it will end up making you sick, or worse. Gotta have it in moderation. Otherwise, you get Linda Sarsour's.

Shiranu

Alright. We will just take environmental responsibility, an emphasis on education, working for shorter work weeks like the rest of the world, working on socialized medicine, an emphasis on fair trade policies rather than free trade, laws stopping corporate exploitation, anti-corruption laws, yada yada back since a few liberals hurt your little feelings. Those things aren't that important anyways.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 05, 2017, 11:22:47 AM
Alright. We will just take environmental responsibility, an emphasis on education, working for shorter work weeks like the rest of the world, working on socialized medicine, an emphasis on fair trade policies rather than free trade, laws stopping corporate exploitation, anti-corruption laws, yada yada back since a few liberals hurt your little feelings. Those things aren't that important anyways.

My feelings are intact hun, usually it just makes me laugh and I call out how ridiculous certain beliefs are. Liberalism makes things progressive, open and ahead of the times, but people take that belief and can go to far with it, until you have stuff like this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw

This, like when feminism goes to far and creates feminazis who hate all men, needs criticism thrown at it, to bring it back to a rational level that people can get behind.

Being real here, it's fucking irritating, to see those who should be the sane, rational ones, standing against assholes like trump and religious doctrine, being just as bad as the ones their fighting against. If the answer is you have to be as bad as the ones your against, then fuck it, I'd sooner be apathetic

Mermaid

Jesus. You really have issues.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR