News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

THe tolerant left

Started by pr126, February 02, 2017, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on February 21, 2017, 02:00:55 AM
OK, please pass this one on as well. Let everyone know. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Can add this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkFQohIKNI
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on February 21, 2017, 02:00:55 AM
OK, please pass this one on as well. Let everyone know. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3NDeyR_1-U
Yeah, prize stupid is always a treat. Thanks.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Why?  Feminists get discounted gas/petrol at the Saudi owned gas/petrol station?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on February 21, 2017, 06:55:43 AM
If men took care of their women properly, fewer would be distracted from raising children.  Not that all women need to do that.  The goal of putting all women into the sweat shop ... was designed to destroy the families of blue collar workers.  Professional white collar worker families, not so much, but we had our own consumer stresses.  No matter how much income you have, there is always more shopping.
what is this fuckery?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on February 21, 2017, 07:02:08 PM
what is this fuckery?

Why are so many women, man haters?  (rhetorical question).  Yes, you gals all go be Amazons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

> that face when Milo just resigned from Brietbart because of video and former interviews were exposed where he quite energetically defended pedophila and child molestation.

Feelsgoodman.jpeg. let the internet troll and sicko go back into the obscurity he belongs in.

Edit - oh, and the people screaming the loudest for him to be fired? Right wingers.

Damn you, tolerant right!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

oh well, he was as bad as the people he spoke out against, so could only have gone this way.

Still, he's clearly fucked in the head and needs to seek some professional help, not make public talks or release books.

Guess the right will have to look elsewhere to someone to counter the regressive left other then the bottom of a chum barrel.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Sky News
QuoteEvent organiser Romanna Bint-Abubaker, founder of modest fashion website Haute Elan, told Sky News: "The fastest growing global consumer is at the moment the Muslim market.

"One in three people - by 2030 - will be a Muslim in the world - that's a huge population."

Baruch

Unfortunately, for most women over 25, they should cover their face.  Not that I care at my age.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: marom1963 on February 21, 2017, 03:29:22 AM
And how many men are stuck raising children all by themselves? Just come to the US to find out!
By the by, the garbage at my home is, in fact, picked up by a woman. Another woman drives the #817 bus through town. I've also seen women on construction crews on the various road works projects going on throughout Monmouth County. At least in the US, women are slowly making their way into the dirtier, heavier jobs. I know a woman who drives a tractor-trailer cross country. The majority of people working in meat-packing plants are now women. And women have worked in factories since the late 19th Century, often under horrendous conditions. Ever hear of the Triangle Shirt-Collar Factory Fire? Many women perished in that fire because they were locked in the building and could not escape the flames. Around the World, women work in sweatshops for scant wages, so don't tell me that women don't work as hard as men - that's just bullshit!

I'm not sure who is crazier.  You or the previous poster...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 23, 2017, 07:40:41 AM
I'm not sure who is crazier.  You or the previous poster...

Right ... the women are a minority ;-)  And powerless ;-))  Have you ever been married?  Ever had a mother?  And you have triggered me, I will have to watch out for maron1963 ... the Spice Must Flow.  There is only one Quizach Shaderach!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2017, 12:39:35 PM
Right ... the women are a minority ;-)  And powerless ;-))  Have you ever been married?  Ever had a mother?  And you have triggered me, I will have to watch out for maron1963 ... the Spice Must Flow.  There is only one Quizach Shaderach!

The difference is that the Spice is fiction and the "Quizach Shaderach" is a eugenist fantasy.  And did you read the series to the end to see how horrible the results were?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2017, 04:59:32 AM
The difference is that the Spice is fiction and the "Quizach Shaderach" is a eugenist fantasy.  And did you read the series to the end to see how horrible the results were?

Yes, even 10,000 years from now humans have learn't nothing from history.  Spice is oil.  Fremen are Arabs.  Quizzical Shaderach is the usual desert Messiah ... Moses, Jesus, Muhammad.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2017, 09:00:09 AM

Yes, even 10,000 years from now humans have learn't nothing from history.  Spice is oil.  Fremen are Arabs.  Quizzical Shaderach is the usual desert Messiah ... Moses, Jesus, Muhammad.

Yeah, to be honest, that pretty much turned me off of the books.  The fremen fanaticism was a lot better on paper than in reality.

And it's not "Quizzical Shaderach".  ;)

pr126

Indeed, the book Dune has a lot of reference to the Arab words, culture.
There is a glossary at the end of the book explaining Arabic terms.
Even the word jihad is in the book.

Emperor Saddam? Paul becomes Muad'dib (Muhammad?)
The desert of Arrakis is Iraq.
If I remember Frank Herbert spent some time in Iraq.