How can any atheist support Trump or the Republicans?

Started by Atheon, February 02, 2017, 12:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
In "fact"  most voters supported Clinton.  And most voters supported Gore in 2000.  The will of the majority being routinely ignored makes the majority feel pretty "annoyed" lately.  And popular vote being "annoyed" leads to serious upset.

Dictatorship by the self righteous snowflakes solves that.  Just kill all the deplorables ;-(  Robespierre would be proud of their Leftism.  I would terminate all voting, because ape men aren't reliable.  But I don't want an ape dictator either.  This is why I stopped voting at all for several cycles.  Only lice infested candidates to vote for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 12:13:45 PM
Dictatorship by the self righteous snowflakes solves that.  Just kill all the deplorables ;-(  Robespierre would be proud of their Leftism.  I would terminate all voting, because ape men aren't reliable.  But I don't want an ape dictator either.  This is why I stopped voting at all for several cycles.  Only lice infested candidates to vote for.

I'm sorry you don't believe in democracy.  It is the best of all the bad systems  (benevolent enlightened monarchy works best but is not sustainable).  Your use of the term "snowflakes" is enlightening, BTW.  I AM however, pleased to read that you don't vote.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Oh, but I do vote ... that is to raise the voter IQ by just a smidge.  I voted regularly for 20 years, then realized it was pointless (thanks Bill Clinton).  I came back briefly for Barak Obama ... but he gave it to me in the shorts also.  Haven't voted for a Republican presidential nominee since 1984 .. after they got religion ... nada.  I did vote last year, for old times sake ... again to prove that one could vote for a third party, if your ballot allows you to.  I wouldn't have voted for Obama in 2012, except my state didn't give me more than two choices.  I couldn't stand the idea of the Mormon corporate vulture perching in the White House, so I held my nose and voted again for Obama.

Yes, I have read history, just like the Founding Fathers.  Washington would have done better to choose a military dictatorship for us (as he nearly did in 1783 when Congress wouldn't demob the Army, or pay them.  Then no need for the Washington/Franklin coup of 1787.  Ancient democracy was a dynamic POS, but the alternative back then was manly militant gay Spartans.  The Roman Republic was Mafiosi all the way down the Tiber.  Yes, and did you pay Churchill for that quote?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

kivo1889

Quote from: Atheon on February 02, 2017, 11:45:03 AM
It was like a choice between an overcooked chicken sandwich and a radioactive dog shit sandwich. Hillary wasn't the greatest (another Bill Clinton or Barack Obama), ....

I live overseas, and let me tell you: people outside the US think he's insane and the greatest threat to global stability in decades.

You don't speak for everyone outside the US (I live in the UK). A recent poll in the EU indicates that a majority agree with his recent restrictions from some Muslim countries. Probably because most western European countries have 5%+ Muslim population, and we see what effect it has. Even ultra SJW Sweden is turning distinctly Trumpish on immigration.

There is a relentless anti trump narrative on the likes of the BBC though.

Shiranu

Quote from: kivo1889 on February 09, 2017, 06:28:11 AM

You don't speak for everyone outside the US (I live in the UK). A recent poll in the EU indicates that a majority agree with his recent restrictions from some Muslim countries. Probably because most western European countries have 5%+ Muslim population, and we see what effect it has. Even ultra SJW Sweden is turning distinctly Trumpish on immigration.

There is a relentless anti trump narrative on the likes of the BBC though.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-gets-rock-bottom-ratings-in-international-survey/

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Evidently a lot of Americans liked what Trump promised. That is why they have voted for him.
Now he is doing it. Suprised?

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on February 09, 2017, 08:00:42 AM
Evidently a lot of Americans liked what Trump promised. That is why they have voted for him.
Now he is doing it. Suprised?

Not at all surprised.  In fact, I was surprised early on when many Democrats were speculating that Trump was a closet liberal running on the Republican ticket.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on February 09, 2017, 08:50:23 AM
Not at all surprised.  In fact, I was surprised early on when many Democrats were speculating that Trump was a closet liberal running on the Republican ticket.

thats just because almost all other republican party leads are usually the same kind of person, saying the same shit, like from a clone factory. Trump was a very different kind of beast, and repubs wanted to keep being republican but saw him as something new, including those who stand on the fence.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on February 09, 2017, 09:49:20 AM
thats just because almost all other republican party leads are usually the same kind of person, saying the same shit, like from a clone factory. Trump was a very different kind of beast, and repubs wanted to keep being republican but saw him as something new, including those who stand on the fence.

That certainly seems to be true, but while it's something new, I don't find it inspiring.  He seems to wear his thoughts and emotions on his sleeve, but I would prefer a president who is more circumspect than that.  Tweeting his ideas, justifications, and emotions that farkle  through his brain, as well as some of his bullying on twitter, is how teenagers broadcast the daily minutiae of their lives on facebook.  Granted many people find this refreshing when they agree. 

Sometimes I consider the possibility that some of Trump's thoughts actually have merit, but I'm not a fan of his thought PROCESSES.  We may arrive at similar conclusions by accident, but I get the impression that he is not all that thoughtful in how he reaches his conclusions.  For a president, I want someone to be at least 4 times more thoughtful than I am.  Maybe he actually is, but he perfectly fits my definition of a loose cannon swinging about wildly inside the hull of the ship I'm riding on.

Hydra009

Quote from: kivo1889 on February 09, 2017, 06:28:11 AMThere is a relentless anti trump narrative on the likes of the BBC though.
So...accurate reporting?  A lot of media outlets are much the same way, to their credit.  How else could any sane person report on stuff like Trump calling negative news "fake" news.  It's stupid and Trump and his supporters completely deserve to be called on the carpet for it.  If you want "fair and balanced", stick with Fox News, Breitbart, and Alex Jones.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2017, 10:42:25 AM
So...accurate reporting?  A lot of media outlets are much the same way, to their credit.  How else could any sane person report on stuff like Trump calling negative news "fake" news.  It's stupid and Trump and his supporters completely deserve to be called on the carpet for it.  If you want "fair and balanced", stick with Fox News, Breitbart, and Alex Jones.

Name calling is for little girls.  I like the old Spanish game of two guys, each with a knife in the right hand, and tied at the left hands.  Only one guy comes out alive.  Now that would be manly politics.  And yes, not for ladies, unless you are Xena.  Like I pointed out before, as an Independent, I would be happy if both D and R were gone permanently.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 09, 2017, 01:09:51 PM
Name calling is for little girls.  I like the old Spanish game of two guys, each with a knife in the right hand, and tied at the left hands.  Only one guy comes out alive.  Now that would be manly politics.  And yes, not for ladies, unless you are Xena.  Like I pointed out before, as an Independent, I would be happy if both D and R were gone permanently.

Bah, knives tis for the Savages! A true gentleman duels with pistols!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

They should fear all Americans, not just Trump.  What have we been doing to Brown folk since 1945?  When Trump goes to Vietnam and kills a million Vietnamese ... then we can compare.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: fencerider on February 04, 2017, 06:14:30 PM
Both Hillary and Trump were bad choices. but if someone was going to choose who will be pres. based on who will do the most damage, it should have been obvious who to vote for. Its a low bar to figure out Trump will do more damage than Hillary would have

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 09, 2017, 01:24:14 PM
Bah, knives tis for the Savages! A true gentleman duels with pistols!

Burr eliminating Hamilton was the first serious protest agains American Capitalism, by decapitating the head of it (metaphorically).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.