I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think?

Started by Habib-style, February 01, 2017, 11:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habib-style

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...y-yes.html

How can it be that so many people apparently go to hell, yet not see the devil? Does this not prove that it is not a made up event?
I really want some rational feedback. When I am afraid, I am anything but rational!
Thanks very much in advance!
Keep in mind. I was raised religious, so this is a very scary concept to me. I just want to get your views.

Mr.Obvious

Not gonna read the article Habib, to be honest with you.

Always look for the evidence. Actual, undeniable evidence. Without it, claims have no weight.

And remember, don't give in to the fear or the terrorists christians win.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

You have nothing to fear but life itself.  That and fear itself.  I wish life wasn't scary, but that seems to be a survival mechanism.  Gotta go ... have to outrun a cheetah!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

I fear Sithrak and the inevitable ever-cooking cooking pot he'll cook everyone in FOR ALL ETERNITY!

There's nothing you can do, so stay alive as long as possible.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Habib-style on February 01, 2017, 11:25:44 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...y-yes.html

How can it be that so many people apparently go to hell, yet not see the devil? Does this not prove that it is not a made up event?
I really want some rational feedback. When I am afraid, I am anything but rational!
Thanks very much in advance!
Keep in mind. I was raised religious, so this is a very scary concept to me. I just want to get your views.
The powers that be are trying to control you through your fear. Will you allow that to happen?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

widdershins

I don't fear fearmongering itself.  I fear the simpletons on whom the fearmongering works.  Those are the people who elected Trump.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on February 02, 2017, 05:11:09 PM
I don't fear fearmongering itself.  I fear the simpletons on whom the fearmongering works.  Those are the people who elected Trump.

And now the fearful reaction to election partial-failure .. by the snowflakes.  Fear mongering works really well on them particularly if it is from Soros, the Puppet-master of Color Revolutions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr_C

"Could God build a yacht so big even he could not fill it with bitches?"
-Stephen Colbert

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2017, 04:13:47 AM
You have nothing to fear but life itself.  That and fear itself.  I wish life wasn't scary, but that seems to be a survival mechanism.  Gotta go ... have to outrun a cheetah!

And snakes.  And spiders.  And letters from the IRS.  Bats maybe.  And only certain wasps or ants.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 23, 2017, 10:21:14 AM
Makes me glad the place doesn't exist, is what I think.

But ... nightmares are real, in the same way all dreams are.  If your dream of utopia is real, then the nightmare is just as real.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2017, 02:06:57 PM
But ... nightmares are real, in the same way all dreams are.  If your dream of utopia is real, then the nightmare is just as real.

That is a logically false equivalence.  The non-existence of one thing does not prove the non-existence of the other.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2017, 05:23:41 AM
That is a logically false equivalence.  The non-existence of one thing does not prove the non-existence of the other.

So you don't have pleasant dreams or nightmares?  It is a fact that you do.  What they represent is arguable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Some people see Heaven when they have an NDE. I saw a brothel in Amsterdam. I had a certain billionaire's gold card.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 05, 2017, 01:16:38 PM
Some people see Heaven when they have an NDE. I saw a brothel in Amsterdam. I had a certain billionaire's gold card.

Was your "girl of the day" offered by the Madam, a tranie?  I heard that Dutch boys like to stick their fingers in dikes ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.