News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

There is no God PERIOD

Started by Ro3bert, February 01, 2017, 08:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdelsolray

Quote from: Drew_2017 on February 19, 2017, 04:33:07 PM
Yes I'm very skeptical of the naturedidit without plan or intent argument to be little more than wishful thinking.

You project well.

Cavebear

Life can exist where conditions permit it, and doesn't where conditions don't.  Where life CAN exist, there may be varying degrees of complexity.  Any life, or intelligent life, is not is not required by any conditions.  It may or may not happen.  That it exists here if somewhere between possible and good luck.

An identical planet around an identical star might not support life. Or it might have move advanced life ib the past, present, or future.

There just aren't any rules for that.

But one thing I have no doubt of, no deities are involved... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2017, 06:37:58 PM
G-d doesn't clean up after himself, we do ;-)
Not for long, we won't. After we make a really big mess of the world there won't be anyone around to clean it up.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 21, 2017, 04:48:17 PM
Not for long, we won't. After we make a really big mess of the world there won't be anyone around to clean it up.

So per Spinoza's main concern, human ethics, what should humans do?  Watch the ants?  Aesop would definitely answer yes, and not watch the grasshoppers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_qRwVXWYQ
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Drew_2017 on February 19, 2017, 01:20:42 PM
Please explain how you know a deity isn't necessary? What naturalistic method are you proposing that would obviate the need for a Creator?

Your claim is that a deity exists and we must disprove it.  No, YOU claim that one exists and it is up you to prove that one does. 

No ancient person suddenly woke up and said in surprise that there is no deity, no one having ever thought of the idea before.  Instead, some one got the idea of a deity and proclaimed it.  From that point on, it was the responsibility of THAT person to provide proof of the new idea.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 23, 2017, 03:50:27 AM
Your claim is that a deity exists and we must disprove it.  No, YOU claim that one exists and it is up you to prove that one does. 

No ancient person suddenly woke up and said in surprise that there is no deity, no one having ever thought of the idea before.  Instead, some one got the idea of a deity and proclaimed it.  From that point on, it was the responsibility of THAT person to provide proof of the new idea.

Proof lies at the end of a gun - misquoting Mao.  Or in olden times, with Constantine, at the end of a spear.  They weren't having nice discussions!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2017, 05:59:51 AM
Proof lies at the end of a gun - misquoting Mao.  Or in olden times, with Constantine, at the end of a spear.  They weren't having nice discussions!

And that matters to logic how?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 23, 2017, 10:57:39 AM
And that matters to logic how?

Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds ... Oscar Wilde.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2017, 12:24:54 PM
Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds ... Oscar Wilde.
And that was just another argument by assertion.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 23, 2017, 06:05:36 PM
And that was just another argument by assertion.

A gay assertion ... are you bigoted? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

WTF? Why even bring that into the discussion? Why would you be so stupid as to even ask me such a question, merely based on my post? Do you ever do anything other than play devil's advocate?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 23, 2017, 08:00:06 PM
WTF? Why even bring that into the discussion? Why would you be so stupid as to even ask me such a question, merely based on my post? Do you ever do anything other than play devil's advocate?

My god is the Devil (the one and only) so of course I am playing (see Brahman's wet dreams) and a devil's advocate.

Perhaps you don't know that Oscar Wilde was a flaming gay man ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yes, I knew that without you having to enlighten me on the subject, but what does his gayness or otherwise have to do with my post?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 23, 2017, 08:04:12 PM
Yes, I knew that without you having to enlighten me on the subject, but what does his gayness or otherwise have to do with my post?

I ;-) at the idea, not assertion, that you are homophobic .. but I have no reason to believe you are .. it is just apropo to the vocabulary and person being quoted.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

So, everyone who's gay, and mentioned, you have to go straight to their gayness instead of just dealing with whatever's been said?
God Not Found