News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

There is no God PERIOD

Started by Ro3bert, February 01, 2017, 08:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ro3bert

Devise a double blind experiment to prove that a God exists that can be duplicated then another that proves whatever qualities it has and I might believe.

Until that happens I contend there is no God a supreme being or creator of the universe and a set of qualities that we must follow.

We are a subset of the great apes and react in much the same ways. Omnivores who fight and kill for territory and who have a passion for power. The president of the United States is the alpha male in our culture or society and he gets there by showing his noise making is greater than any other.

You can argue against comparing homo sapiens with other great apes but what is is. 

Baruch

Yes, humans are not so great apes.  Meanwhile if a period isn't a divinity, what about a colon?  Would a semi-colon be a demi-god? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

silly human....god does not quarry with our little experiments.....why he made vaginas small and tight and the universe vast and large...so.....that proves god is real.....yeah....it is indeed that simple for some.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

widdershins

I can already hear the refutations of that.  First among them, "God has nothing to prove to you!"
This sentence is a lie...

SGOS

Quote from: widdershins on February 02, 2017, 09:41:32 AM
I can already hear the refutations of that.  First among them, "God has nothing to prove to you!"

From my observations, this is obvious.
Therefore, he must exist?   :confused3:

doorknob

I agree with you sir but I just require evidence. Any solid evidence will do. Using the scientific method of course.

baddogma

Seems this omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omnijust, omniscient, omnipric still hasn't gotten around to proving it's existence. For such a smart individual a shitty book dictated to desert goatherders was his best idea yet. What a gem.
"The only way you can be certain that there are good people in the world is to BE one".
-My mother

Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

You mean the Quran of course?  It comes with its own hot sand ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Drew_2017

Quote from: Ro3bert on February 01, 2017, 08:35:37 PM
Devise a double blind experiment to prove that a God exists that can be duplicated then another that proves whatever qualities it has and I might believe.

Until that happens I contend there is no God a supreme being or creator of the universe and a set of qualities that we must follow.

We are a subset of the great apes and react in much the same ways. Omnivores who fight and kill for territory and who have a passion for power. The president of the United States is the alpha male in our culture or society and he gets there by showing his noise making is greater than any other.

You can argue against comparing homo sapiens with other great apes but what is is.

I'm just curious if you demand a double blind test for everything you have come to believe is true? Like the belief we owe our existence to unguided naturalistic forces?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drew_2017 on February 02, 2017, 11:30:37 PM
I'm just curious if you demand a double blind test for everything you have come to believe is true? Like the belief we owe our existence to unguided naturalistic forces?

That's not a belief. That is the default position. Everything we can observe is explained by naturalistic forces. Your god, though, has yet to have been proven to have any impact on our universe at all.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Also, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I might not question it if you were to say a man shot an arrow into a target in the midst of dense fog.

If you were to say that a man shot an arrow around the world, the arrow stopped in midair, did a 90 degree turn, and pierced every tree for a mile, ending in a massive fireball, I'm likely to give that claim a little extra scrutiny.

Baruch

But but ... in a recently posted (in this forum) Road Runner cartoon, a lightning bolt thrown by the Coyote, did something just like that, I saw it with my own eyes! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Proof? Science?  Since when have we ever relied on these things in this life? The only thing we now need are 'alternative facts' as dictated by our beloved dicktaster in chief..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.