News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

After what?

Started by randomvim, February 01, 2017, 03:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomvim

Hello all,

Watched a fun and interesting movie that has peaked an interesting thought. The movie is called "after dark."

A group of students are lead in a theoretical scenario during an atomic apacolypse. Lucky enough, there is a bunker near them. But it can only sustain life for 10 during the next  year. So the discussion begins: who is in and who is left out?

Perameters for the discussion was:
goal is  to sustain human species.
there are several bunkers around world which would allow 10k to repopulate.
bunker had compresed air to last a year for 10.
Everyone votes (or at least everyone was voting)

We may not be able to have the same type of discussion here, but if anyone figures out how - please post a new thread. that would be interesting.

On here, however, I wish to examine your thoughts on the following questions...

1. how would you consider/approach the presented problem?

2. how would you defend yourself verbally to get a vote.

3. what philisophical theories or concepts would play a part in this type of scenario?

Feel free to add variables or topics you think may be missing.

PopeyesPappy

I'm the guy with the guns so I'm staying. The rest of you can decide which 9 women are staying with me.  :signmuahaha:
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Unbeliever

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 01, 2017, 04:03:46 PM
I'm the guy with the guns so I'm staying. The rest of you can decide which 9 women are staying with me.  :signmuahaha:

Yeah, many fewer men are needed than women in a survival situation.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2017, 07:50:18 PM

Feminists know this, so be afraid, very afraid ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on February 01, 2017, 04:03:46 PM

LOL, you beat me to it my friend.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

randomvim

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2017, 07:50:18 PM
Hold door!
There needs to be a good amount of men as well as women. maybe more women then men but not 9 to 1. probably 6 to 4. or 7 to 3 if Three women get pregnant than in 18 years or so the other women can have their turn.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Tres funny ... you men apparently have never been married, if you had, you would know that the tolerable number of women per household is ... one.  They can't stand each other (except dressed as plush pussies at the women's march).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

In the scenario of atomic apocalyptic nonsense I chose to grab the nearest lawn chair, a cold beer and watch the fireworks. I have zero interest in being in charge of repopulating the earth. There just isn't any future in these types of 'what if' scenarios..
Sadly to many people buy into the 'out of the ashes' ideas AS IF they and they alone would be even remotely capable of such endeavors. Nobody wants to admit that they're just your average stooge and most of these women wouldn't want to fuck them even if they were the last man alive.
Sorry fellas, very few of us fall into the Sean Connery , George Clooney type categories. If we did we'd be too busy fucking hot women to be posting on this forum. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2017, 04:03:17 AM
Tres funny ... you men apparently have never been married, if you had, you would know that the tolerable number of women per household is ... one.  They can't stand each other (except dressed as plush pussies at the women's march).

Fuck You.  We're having a fantasy here.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 02, 2017, 11:59:32 AM
Fuck You.  We're having a fantasy here.

So you did enjoy ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WD7LywZ9JQ

Do you consider pants optional? ;-)

Typical Democrat, taking stuff that doesn't belong to him ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I've been a member of The Voluntary human Extinction Movement for many years. All that means is that I'll never bring any children into this life. At least not on this planet...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Did you fail to pay your dues?  You keep laying reptilian eggs here ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2017, 01:01:25 PM
So you did enjoy ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WD7LywZ9JQ

Do you consider pants optional? ;-)

Typical Democrat, taking stuff that doesn't belong to him ;-))
Yep, you can find just about anything on Utube.

Baruch

Life imitates art, not the other way around.  That is why propaganda works.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

randomvim

so...
1. I would like to consider what a person can do beyond what their job is. An accountant may not be useful in regards to money but they can manage goods.  Plus, they can help with establishing an econony system that works for the new era.

A person knowing just one skill may not be as useful or ideal to a person knowing multiple skills.

1b. A persons mind and character could help know how compatitable certain people are. How to address issues in the future.  And maybe keep problems fron starting.

2. I think seeking personal raport would help get people on my side. Not easy for an introvert but anyone can try. Otherwise there would be some desire to opt out. Or go against the over all idea. depending on time, upgrading bunker would be ideal. 

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk