Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mid-Term Elections in 2018

Started by Solomon Zorn, February 01, 2017, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 09:28:15 AM
I'm 66...  ;)

Since they closed your highway down, you can probably amble across without being hit ;-)) (Route 66).

I work with lots of African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans.  Good people that.  And I don't choose to offend anyone, except on this web site (because people here deserve it and are made of sterner stuff).  Identity politics (See Theodore Roosevelt's complaints about hyphenated-Americans) sucks, divide and conquer, the Democrat way (the party of slavery).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2017, 09:32:23 AM
Since they closed your highway down, you can probably amble across without being hit ;-)) (Route 66).

I work with lots of African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans.  Good people that.  And I don't choose to offend anyone, except on this web site (because people here deserve it and are made of sterner stuff).  Identity politics (See Theodore Roosevelt's complaints about hyphenated-Americans) sucks, divide and conquer, the Democrat way (the party of slavery).

So you are a Democrat then?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 07:38:26 AM
So you are a Democrat then?

The Democrats return to original form ... rebels 1861, rebels 2017.

Yes, I was a true Red Democrat (irony in that nomenclatura) ... social progressive, fiscal/foreign policy conservative, from 1974.  Wife (more liberal than I) and I got invited with others to the governor's mansion, for all we did for The Party (see Democrat Manifesto by Groucho Marx) back in 1988.  Went all the way to the State Convention.  Politics on the ground is dog work, particularly since we were just about the only Democrats in our precinct.

By 1974 ... it seemed that our long national nightmare was over, Nixon was out, and I could forgive Ford but my dad couldn't.  By 1986 it seemed that the Evangelical nuts had taken over the Republican party ... so fewer cross over votes for me.  By 1996 it seemed that the Clinton cancer was terminal, and the DNC had buried FDR forever ... and still have.  So I stopped voting for awhile, since I don't have a time machine to go vote in another century.  Well after awhile, we were in a new century, I resumed voting and Hopey Changey took my hope and stomped on it, just like Clinton did in 1994 (NAFTA).  Dropped dynamic duo permanently in 2016 ... will never vote for either party again (on national ticket).  Otherwise I vote against all incumbents.  Stomp what cockroaches I can.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2017, 01:24:58 PM
The Democrats return to original form ... rebels 1861, rebels 2017.

Yes, I was a true Red Democrat (irony in that nomenclatura) ... social progressive, fiscal/foreign policy conservative, from 1974.  Wife (more liberal than I) and I got invited with others to the governor's mansion, for all we did for The Party (see Democrat Manifesto by Groucho Marx) back in 1988.  Went all the way to the State Convention.  Politics on the ground is dog work, particularly since we were just about the only Democrats in our precinct.

By 1974 ... it seemed that our long national nightmare was over, Nixon was out, and I could forgive Ford but my dad couldn't.  By 1986 it seemed that the Evangelical nuts had taken over the Republican party ... so fewer cross over votes for me.  By 1996 it seemed that the Clinton cancer was terminal, and the DNC had buried FDR forever ... and still have.  So I stopped voting for awhile, since I don't have a time machine to go vote in another century.  Well after awhile, we were in a new century, I resumed voting and Hopey Changey took my hope and stomped on it, just like Clinton did in 1994 (NAFTA).  Dropped dynamic duo permanently in 2016 ... will never vote for either party again (on national ticket).  Otherwise I vote against all incumbents.  Stomp what cockroaches I can.

Oh please...  The Democrats are no more the rebels of 1860 than the Republicans are the abolitionists from then.  In fact, they have switched sides.  And you know that.  Why do you babble on with such obvious nonsense?  Can't you think of anything original?

AllPurposeAtheist

If Bannon and Trump get their way there might not even be an opposition party to vote for. I suspect that a good number of republicans are in favor of eliminating opposition parties as well to create a one party system. Bannon has already labeled the press as the opposition and Trump is definitely not in favor of a free press. They're also not in favor of an open internet and would gladly use every opportunity to clamp down on free expression under the guise of eliminating "fake news" to where the only news you need to be concerned with is whatever they say you should be concerned with.
I suspect many of the fake news stories were put out there with this in mind. Get the public used to not believing any news and happily back the idea of censorship for the sole purpose of ridding us of the scourge of fake news only to be replaced with a new and improved sanitized version free of those pesky opinions and facts which we all know are lies anyway..
What I'm suggesting is that the "fake news" was and is a ruse to implement white house controlled censorship.  Once someone has the ability to determine what is fake news on your behalf they also get the ability to censor ALL of the news. Imagine journalists reporting the news, but have inadvertently gotten part of the story wrong. Well, it's now fake news and punishable by law. It then becomes a real problem because the only news they're permitted to report at all is whatever those in power says is true. One line, one word in the wrong place at the wrong time and the journalist now stands accused of deceminating fake news. Welcome to the 'real world of Donald J'..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Thee are people who say "one election one time."  And some of them are here.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 17, 2017, 07:56:32 AM
Oh please...  The Democrats are no more the rebels of 1860 than the Republicans are the abolitionists from then.  In fact, they have switched sides.  And you know that.  Why do you babble on with such obvious nonsense?  Can't you think of anything original?

Why yes, I did.  Thanks for noticing.  I see your American History goes no further back than 1960.  Still butt-hurt over Goldwater and Wallace?  LBJ's great society, was slavery 2.0.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on February 17, 2017, 07:56:32 AM
I'm quickly coming to realize that Baruch is just another troll. But at least he's our troll...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 17, 2017, 04:27:32 PM
I'm quickly coming to realize that Baruch is just another troll. But at least he's our troll...

Ogre, not troll ... with layers like an onion, not a parfait.  Is that you Donkey (Democrat)?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2017, 06:31:32 PM
Ogre, not troll ... with layers like an onion, not a parfait.  Is that you Donkey (Democrat)?

No serious forum needs a troll.  Yes they exist.  Yes there is Burach here as one.  Yes one is not needed.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2017, 03:05:13 AM
No serious forum needs a troll.  Yes they exist.  Yes there is Burach here as one.  Yes one is not needed.

Still sleepy?  Burach ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.