News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mid-Term Elections in 2018

Started by Solomon Zorn, February 01, 2017, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 02, 2017, 11:35:43 AM
Why do you insist on inflammatory rhetoric? And why must you always take these barely relevant tangents? The topic is about considering what is a good strategy, for the Democrats to shorten the time necessary, to mitigate the disaster, that was the last election.

To paraphrase Gold Five: "Stay on topic! Stay on topic!"

Ask me about the Berkeley Central Committee ... comrade ;-)  I happen to be pro-immigrant and pro-Mexican ... but even the Hispanics in California want a fiscally responsible state government, and don't want 80 million Mexicans moving there.  It is California, not Texas, who is speaking of secession ... stop the fanatics in California.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2017, 03:47:07 AM
California isn't called the Left Coast for nothing.  But the way things are going there, Gringos Need Not Apply.  Self hating identity politics will disarm any Anglos still in the state.

>mfw you think whites don't have the social power in California

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 02, 2017, 11:38:09 AMI know there are a lot of Democrats on here. Aren't any interested in strategizing? Or do they just think it's hopeless?
Yes, yes, no.  I think we need something more substantive than just "Democrats need to get out and vote for the Democratic candidate".  That goes without saying, though given the number of eligible voters who stayed home on election day, it apparently still needs to be said.

We need to register non-voters and persuade political moderates badly.  We need to remind the public that the Dems are with them on much of the issues.  And we also need to ensure that the politicians do not waiver in their support of these policies when they get into office.  We also need to cast the shadow of Daddy Trump over each and every Republican running for office.  Their loyalties to the orange disaster and the ruinous policies they have in common should be in the forefront of everyone's minds on election day.

I have a more detailed gameplan that I'll be expounding on later, but that's the basic outline.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 02, 2017, 06:46:37 PM
I think we need something more substantive than just "Democrats need to get out and vote for the Democratic candidate".  That goes without saying, though given the number of eligible voters who stayed home on election day, it apparently still needs to be said.
It's a major problem though, with mid-term elections. The Republicans seem to have an advantage in that regard, so I listed it first.

Quote from: Hydra009We need to register non-voters and persuade political moderates badly.  We need to remind the public that the Dems are with them on much of the issues.

"A darkening cloud has settled over the country, creeping into many nooks and crannies; however, according to Michael Moore in his latest dialogue, the majority of Americans wanted Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump. The only reason he is president-elect is because of an arcane, insane, 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Unless we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want.

We live in a country where a majority believe in climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage, and they want a single-payer health care system. None of this has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position.

This is the time that the Bernie Sanders’ delightful “Our Revolution” has been picked up by many young as well as older people throughout the country.

Let’s take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They, the Democratic Party, have failed us miserably."

W. R. COLE, ARROYO GRANDE

Read more here: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article115327813.html#storylink=cpy

I'm not sure I follow this guy's reasoning, in concluding that the Democratic Party has failed us. His first paragraph concedes, that our failure was the fault of the electoral college system(by an unprecedented 2.9 million votes), not anything the Democrats did wrong. Unless his contention is that Hillary should have won by a landslide, against such a candidate as Trump. But the propaganda machine on the right is much more willing to sink to the, lowest levels of slandering and giving outright false information. Plus they had the help of the Russians.

But that being said, I agree with you wholeheartedly, that what the Democrats need most is to wake-up the masses, to the fact, that they agree with us on most of the issues. That is, while they still do agree with us. The propagation of "alternative facts" entices more Americans, to the Dark Side, every day.

Quote from: Hydra009And we also need to ensure that the politicians do not waiver in their support of these policies when they get into office.
"Support the policies," yes. The "Do not waiver" part is what I have trouble with. That sounds like what the Republicans have been doing, that blocked most every progressive action lately, including denying Obama the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice for over a year. The inflexibility of both sides is what is causing a lot of this hostility in the country.

Quote from: Hydra009We also need to cast the shadow of Daddy Trump over each and every Republican running for office.  Their loyalties to the orange disaster and the ruinous policies they have in common should be in the forefront of everyone's minds on election day.
This is a good idea, as long as you don't take it too far and make false connections, just to smear your opponent. Good integrity is still important. It's just harder to win that way. (Donald Trump, is the master of taking the "quick and easy path" of fear and hate, in his lust for power. Just like any well trained Lord-of-the-Sith.)
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Democrats simply need to fight for something, not against something.  And fight, not shadow box from Triangulation.  The DNC hates the deplorables as much as the RNC.  That isn't fighting, that is cohabitation with the enemy ;-)

And yes, we should get rid of all 18th century ideas, like voting and the USA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 03, 2017, 07:21:54 AM
The only reason he is president-elect is because of an arcane, insane, 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Unless we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want.

And so far this century those have both been from the GOP. That's likely to continue to be the case.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 03, 2017, 07:21:54 AM
Good integrity is still important.

Only to the good guys. The bad guys always have the advantage because they don't have to follow any rules, they'll just make their own. And then not follow them, either.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 03, 2017, 01:46:16 PM
Only to the good guys. The bad guys always have the advantage because they don't have to follow any rules, they'll just make their own. And then not follow them, either.
Integrity matters to the system of government we live under. People need to weed out the assholes a lot better. Which goes along with the whole problem, of putting forth really good candidates.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 03, 2017, 01:46:16 PM

You might be ready to read Machiavelli.  Time to graduate from the Komsomol.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Baruch on February 03, 2017, 06:13:15 PM
You might be ready to read Machiavelli.  Time to graduate from the Komsomol.
The Prince was assigned reading in Bible college, but I didn't read the whole thing(I was overloaded with reading assignments). I remember some of the classroom discussions. Mostly about situational ethics.

Solomon Zorn

There has to be an alternative response to lying shit-hole propaganda, than to give back in kind.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 04, 2017, 04:05:14 AM
The Prince was assigned reading in Bible college, but I didn't read the whole thing(I was overloaded with reading assignments). I remember some of the classroom discussions. Mostly about situational ethics.

Deceit and murder ethics ... do you speak Italian, is your dagger sharp and at your side, do you have a Family to protect and profit you?  The world to today was invented by the Medici during the Renaissance ... failure to understand this is .. "una condanna a morte"

Other good reads ... Lives of the Artists by Vasari ... Autobiography by Cellini ... Book of the Courtier by Castigleone
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on February 04, 2017, 04:09:53 AM
There has to be an alternative response to lying shit-hole propaganda, than to give back in kind.

"ventilazione pugnale"  - Cesare Borgia
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

OP there is a way to get ready for the next election. This isn't my idea. They were saying it on XM radio for a few months early in the campaign.

Follow the Tea Party take over. Look on the internet at their game plan last election. You have to get democrats volunteering in all the local election boards. The election boards for each district has a great influence on what candidates are put on the local ballot. You can try to stack the deck with all candidates that you like and leave out the ones you don't.

I don't know exactly how many voting districts there are but its a ground game that requires a lot of people.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 04, 2017, 06:43:20 PM
OP there is a way to get ready for the next election. This isn't my idea. They were saying it on XM radio for a few months early in the campaign.

Follow the Tea Party take over. Look on the internet at their game plan last election. You have to get democrats volunteering in all the local election boards. The election boards for each district has a great influence on what candidates are put on the local ballot. You can try to stack the deck with all candidates that you like and leave out the ones you don't.

I don't know exactly how many voting districts there are but its a ground game that requires a lot of people.

The US has lover 3000 counties.  Over 174,000 precincts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.