News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump vs Il Papa,

Started by Shiranu, January 29, 2017, 11:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-calls-it-disgraceful-pope-question-his-christianity-n520841

Edit: Derp, just realised it was from the campaigns. Still, the fact that Trump was asking why religious leaders have the authority to judge another person's faith is kinda hilarious.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Sorry ... but coming from the Pope ... that is pretty contentious.  Is Trump even a Christian?  I think not.  Neither was Obama.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Atheon

The Pope condemned the Orange Dictator's Muslim ban, calling it un-Christian. I'm certain that the Pope knows a lot more about what Christianity is than Chump does.

Oh, and Chump is completely oblivious of the US Constitution, too.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 30, 2017, 09:26:31 AM
The Pope condemned the Orange Dictator's Muslim ban, calling it un-Christian. I'm certain that the Pope knows a lot more about what Christianity is than Chump does.

Oh, and Chump is completely oblivious of the US Constitution, too.

Have to disagree .. as per Pr126 snark ... is the Pope even Christian?  And yes, all three branches of Federal government are oblivious to the Constitution, for a long while now.  Why should Trump restore it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 30, 2017, 12:21:42 PM
Is the queen English?

No, she is German ... and Transylvanian.  The last English monarch was Harold of Wessex, died 1066.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2017, 12:26:57 PM
No, she is German ... and Transylvanian.  The last English monarch was Harold of Wessex, died 1066.

Didn't realise she was born in Germany. Thought that was illegal.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 30, 2017, 04:07:14 PM
Didn't realise she was born in Germany. Thought that was illegal.

Project Deep Kraut (the cabbage) ... going back to King George I.  They could have had Bonny Prince Charlie but no ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2017, 12:03:12 AM
Sorry ... but coming from the Pope ... that is pretty contentious.  Is Trump even a Christian?  I think not.  Neither was Obama.

Obama is a United Church Of Christ Protestant according to many sites.  Not that that gets him many points from ME!  But "christian". yeah.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2017, 12:26:57 PM
After that they were Norman French, then Welsh, then Scottish, then German, if I remember correctly.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Cavebear

It may be a moot point.  If you live in England, you are probably "English" Norman, German or Whatever (from Whateveristan).  If you want to get in real details of ancestry, you have to go to Africa.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Cavebear on January 31, 2017, 01:35:05 PM
Obama is a United Church Of Christ Protestant according to many sites.  Not that that gets him many points from ME!  But "christian". yeah.
That means very little. At the time he came along, he had to present as a Christian to have any chance. Seeing how well Bernie did, that  may not be the case anymore. Out in the open non-Christians can thankfully now win.

Cavebear

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 31, 2017, 02:49:40 PM
That means very little. At the time he came along, he had to present as a Christian to have any chance. Seeing how well Bernie did, that  may not be the case anymore. Out in the open non-Christians can thankfully now win.

He quacks like a christian so I accept that he nominally is.  But if you mean that he is an atheist or agnostic he probly is.  Most intelligent and thinking people are.  Even when they can't admit it.

If you mean to say he is Moslem, no.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Cavebear on January 31, 2017, 02:57:21 PM
He quacks like a christian so I accept that he nominally is.  But if you mean that he is an atheist or agnostic he probly is.  Most intelligent and thinking people are.  Even when they can't admit it.

If you mean to say he is Moslem, no.
I have no clue what Obama is. Could be atheist. Maybe a Christian. Maybe a Kabbalist. He was raised by an atheist, so I think he's more likely to be one than say a Ben Carson, but I really don't care what Obama is one way or the other.