News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Gestas, January 28, 2017, 07:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gestas

Hi
Hi, I came here for intellectual stimulation but so far people have just been talking about the Elder Scrolls and posting Keanu Reeves memes in my thread (http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=11250.0). Does anyone know of a good atheist website with a forum?

Mr.Obvious

Hi.

Only forum I'm on.
Heard about the .org. If you don't like our forum.
For now though, welcome to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Yes, welcome ... but you won't find any game cheat codes here ;-)  Christians think they have them, but they are wrong.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Gestas on January 28, 2017, 07:02:24 PM
Hi, I came here for intellectual stimulation but so far people have just been talking about the Elder Scrolls and posting Keanu Reeves memes in my thread (http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=11250.0). Does anyone know of a good atheist website with a forum?
You got flooded with memes because the subject of your thread is something straight out of /r/Im14AndThisIsDeep. Also because we enjoy hazing newbies.

You could always try AtheistForums.org, though. They seem to enjoy being overrun with pseudophilosophers and trolls.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

Quote from: Gestas on January 28, 2017, 07:02:24 PM
Hi, I came here for intellectual stimulation............ but so far people have just been talking about the Elder Scrolls and posting Keanu Reeves memes in my thread

Maybe you have a contradiction in your process.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gestas

Quote from: aitm on January 28, 2017, 09:49:17 PM
Maybe you have a contradiction in your process.

Wut

Gestas

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 28, 2017, 09:15:51 PM
You got flooded with memes because the subject of your thread is something straight out of /r/Im14AndThisIsDeep. Also because we enjoy hazing newbies.

You could always try AtheistForums.org, though. They seem to enjoy being overrun with pseudophilosophers and trolls.

Alright, well, next time you have your big boy pants on, come on over to my thread and tell me which part of my post is difficult for you to understand; and I'll try my hardest to explain it to you in even simpler terms while using props that I know you're familiar with: stuffed animals, crayons, and cartoons. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do anything for your superiority complex or pseudo-intellectualism, but I suppose you could bring your Waifu for comfort.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Gestas on January 29, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
Alright, well, next time you have your big boy pants on, come on over to my thread and tell me which part of my post is difficult for you to understand; and I'll try my hardest to explain it to you in even simpler terms while using props that I know you're familiar with: stuffed animals, crayons, and cartoons. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do anything for your superiority complex or pseudo-intellectualism, but I suppose you could bring your Waifu for comfort.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Welcome Gestas.  As I see it, 'natural' is all there is.  Nothing is unnatural.  Either it is (which is natural) or it isn't.

The something from nothing discussion sort of interests me in that does 'nothing' exist?  If something appeared to have been created out of nothing, maybe we just don't understand what the 'something' that was there and it simply appears to have been nothing.  Do we know of anywhere in our universe where nothing exists?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Even the quantum vacuum isn't empty.  The question of vacuum vs plenum is a philosophical problem that has existed since Greek times.  The current consensus is ... sort of.  What exists before the Big Bang, conventionally speaking ... isn't nothing.  It is a logical contradiction.  Usually the vacuum is considered nothing, but as I just pointed out, it isn't empty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Luckily for all, there are no locks on our doors. You may come and go as you wish.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

You got the reaction you got because your question was pointless. What if questions usually are, hence my list of means bringing attention to equally ridiculous what if questions. If there was something you wanted to infer from the question, then that should have been stated from the beginning. But what you gave us what unreasonably open ended. There was nothing of value that could have possibly been added.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--