What if the natural world didn't always exist?

Started by Gestas, January 28, 2017, 06:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

just to play antagonist

blackleaf's discussion about omniscience almost sounds like a description of god as an AI program with the ability to overwrite itself.

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 29, 2017, 05:54:51 PM
Prophecy is impossible in a world of millions of humans if he cannot predict what they are going to do. And you can throw God's plans out the window too, because they are worthless without omniscience.
For a god that is not omniscient, a plan might work for humans as long as he knows everything about humans and his lack of knowledge is about a part of the universe far from earth.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on January 30, 2017, 10:25:19 PM
just to play antagonist

blackleaf's discussion about omniscience almost sounds like a description of god as an AI program with the ability to overwrite itself.
For a god that is not omniscient, a plan might work for humans as long as he knows everything about humans and his lack of knowledge is about a part of the universe far from earth.

I'm curious about a God that is not omniscient.  Isn't that part of the definition?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I think that only actually pertains to what's called a theistic God (capital G). Other gods (lower case g)can have limitations, but a theistic type of God must be perfect in every way.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Greek philosophers tried to make sense of Jewish religion, and made an un-kosher pork hash of things ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.