Linda Sarsour, co-chair for the women's march is a SJW and islamist

Started by mauricio, January 28, 2017, 01:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I clicked the first one and thought "Yeah, well that is from 2012.... people change and maybe she did too."
but then I went through the rest and saw this stuff was still going on in '14 and '15... and the things she said, if she wasn't saying them ironically and actually believes them. Those aren't views that just change. That's a slow process of deprogramation. Even if she doesn't fully believe that crap, she, at a very strong, prominent base level, still believes them.

Atheon

You can't be an SJW and an Islamist. They are diametrically opposed.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

mauricio

Quote from: Atheon on January 28, 2017, 01:52:40 PM

Well i have seen this weird alliance between them, mainly based on opposing the west, white males, defending muslim minorities, trying to sugorcoat islamist believes, trying to use moral relativism to attack or defend ideologies and goverments, opposing conservatives and because of certain behaviors and rhetoric. I say she is an islamist because of what she says about sharia law, and that she is a SJW for her use of indentity politics in such aggressive, stupid and disgusting way in the tweet about ayan hirsi ali not deserving to be a women and taking away her vagina and whipping her ass. She also uses other rhetoric that is popular among SJW activists like urging her followers to "stay woke', dismissing her criticism as islamophobic and blocking people on social media right away even for polite disagreement.

Baruch

It is routine, not pathological, for people to unknowingly embrace opposite belief systems all in the same person (not just two different people in some shared agenda group).  Maybe you are consistent, a Vulcan maybe ;-)  Live long and prosper, I say ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Many SJWs don't understand that.

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 28, 2017, 07:14:13 PM
Many SJWs don't understand that.

thats the intertwining problem however. Take what Sarsour did in the face of things, she made feminists back islam, a religion what dehumanizes women, because at the time, these women were pissed at what was happening in their country, they were riled up, and it was perfect timing for her to push that hidden agenda into the workings of it, because if someone opposed any of these women in this march because they were calling for sharia law, any criticism would have these feminists attack you under the guise that you are attacking their feminist principles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxG7WWckHr0

I would bring up also about donna hilton, as a convicted murderer, who tortured and murdered a gay man, is leading this march with LGBTQ protestors around her. But thats something else entirely.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

She is a Muslim, but she is NOT an Islamist.

You have been duped by Islamophobic propaganda. You know, right-wing sites that make shit up with the purpose into engendering hatred for people without cause, so that you become tools to their sinister ends.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/25/womens-march-organizer-linda-sarsour/
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

pr126

@ Atheon

You are getting your "truth" from Snopes.com?  Seriously?

:histerical:

mauricio

Quote from: Atheon on January 29, 2017, 07:13:38 AM
She is a Muslim, but she is NOT an Islamist.

You have been duped by Islamophobic propaganda. You know, right-wing sites that make shit up with the purpose into engendering hatred for people without cause, so that you become tools to their sinister ends.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/25/womens-march-organizer-linda-sarsour/

Except i have only read her own words which are right there in the OP where you can clearly see she thinks sharia is reasonable and living under it would be nice, she seems to be concerned that it is prohibited from being used inside the USA, she thinks it is shameful that people are worrying about trivial things like women being able to drive because they get a lot of weeks of paid maternity leave ( thats not patriarchal at all), she is using the islamophobic smear to attack islam critics like Ayan hirsi ali. I do not need to read breitbart or some bullshit site i can just read her own words. If you think sharia is a good system to live under and it is reasonable then to me you are an islamist. And it is very weird how she is being brought in a feminist movement and how she is mentioning some things about sharia that liberals would enjoy like the mutual banking and the paid maternity leave, even though it is all worthless in the end because sharia is completely incompatible with secularism and liberalism due to its basis on faith and different treatment of people on the basis of sex and religion. If you do not see how this is dangerous you probably have not seen other instances of how illiberal ideas spread inside liberal movements, theres groups like CAIR that have used identity politics and other liberal rhetoric to try to gain political allies and traction. The liberal movements are corrupted enough with the whole SJW issue, this is just more of that.

Hijiri Byakuren

"Islamist" seems to be the new "communist," if it wasn't already.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mauricio

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 29, 2017, 01:17:16 PM
"Islamist" seems to be the new "communist," if it wasn't already.

Every term can be vacuous, ultimately what matters its what is being said. I already said it as explicitly as possible, you can ignore the word islamist and replace it with all the things about her that i find concerning and i have already laid out. I do not care whether we agree if she is an islamist or not but that we recognize that her ideas are not good and they should argued against to prevent them from spreading inside liberal movements.

Shiranu

QuoteExcept i have only read her own words which are right there in the OP where you can clearly see she thinks sharia is reasonable and living under it would be nice..

Having read her own words, she seems to believe that Sharia is a variable set of laws that varies from Muslim to Muslim (which it is) rather than just a homogeneous, one-size-fits-all set of rules that every Muslim rigorously and unwavering adheres to and will convert by the sword if necessary anyone who disagrees with it.

Quote...she seems to be concerned that it is prohibited from being used inside the USA...

Her quotes linked above say that it would never be passed into law anyways, so...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur