Main Menu

Red Feed/Blue Feed

Started by PickelledEggs, January 27, 2017, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 27, 2017, 08:57:08 PM
All the news print to fit..
Mad Magazine was way ahead of its time.

Doctor Ewie to Duke Leto ... the Onion, the Onion ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 27, 2017, 09:06:04 PM
believe that. As much as I don't want to. Half the country is suicidal.

Which half?  America needs counseling ... but I predict the usual ... a trip to the bar for a stiff drink.  I know about suicide, unless you have had a family member do it, you don't know what you are talking about.  Counseling would have helped, the stiff drink did not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on January 28, 2017, 04:13:09 AM
Which half?  America needs counseling ... but I predict the usual ... a trip to the bar for a stiff drink.  I know about suicide, unless you have had a family member do it, you don't know what you are talking about.  Counseling would have helped, the stiff drink did not.
The half that is watching in horror as Donald Trump pens moral atrocity after moral atrocity. I don't mean to make light of suicide and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 28, 2017, 09:39:36 AM
The half that is watching in horror as Donald Trump pens moral atrocity after moral atrocity. I don't mean to make light of suicide and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

You didn't hurt my feelings, but I accept your apology anyway.  I have seen moral atrocity since 1963 ... where have you been?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

You have a point. I was born in 1963, and cannot remember in my lifetime anything this blatantly crazy.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on January 28, 2017, 03:02:38 PM
You have a point. I was born in 1963, and cannot remember in my lifetime anything this blatantly crazy.
That's not very comforting...

Mermaid

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 28, 2017, 03:35:06 PM
I don't find one molecule of comfort about this administration.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mermaid on January 27, 2017, 09:06:04 PM
Half the country is suicidal.
And the other half seems to be homicidal...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on January 28, 2017, 03:02:38 PM

The first 10 years of your life, the US was burning to the ground.  Then it burnt itself out.  The time before the JFK assassination, was like Shangri-La.  Except it wasn't.  Hidden Figures shows some of that.  I will go see the movie Jackie ... because I need a good cry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on January 28, 2017, 08:31:30 PM
The first 10 years of your life, the US was burning to the ground.  Then it burnt itself out.  The time before the JFK assassination, was like Shangri-La.  Except it wasn't.  Hidden Figures shows some of that.  I will go see the movie Jackie ... because I need a good cry.
It's a cyclical thing. I keep reminding myself of that. Somehow it doesn't feel comforting how divided we are though.
No matter what happens, half of us will be angry and unhappy with the other half. That's no way to exist. How can we fix this? What is going to have to happen? Is the pendulum swinging THIS far what it takes?

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 28, 2017, 03:35:06 PM
Okay, then try this on for size--I was born in 1945 and I have not lived thru anything as crazy as this; not even crawling under my desk at school and cowering there.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

You can purchase a used school desk from the 1950s ... and practice your air raid drills ;-)  If California secedes and if you live in California, it may be practical ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Why shouldn't American cities become just like Kabul, Baghdad, Tripoli or Aleppo?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

America used to be called "the home of the brave," but I think it's become a nation of paranoid schizophrenics - the Europeans who invaded here killed off all the braves, along with the bison.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman