News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christian Apologetics

Started by SGOS, January 27, 2017, 11:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 22, 2017, 04:07:07 PM
Seriously do you have ANY idea how hard it is on this side of the forum? where you are one voice against many, where you are engauged in sometimes 20 different arguments and are expected to maintain an ultra high standard of dialog and or material?
Oh, I suspect it's difficult, but I find such behavior far too annoying to warrant my personal praise or appreciation for your time and effort.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on June 23, 2017, 04:24:39 AM
I am constantly amazed when newbie religious fanatics complain their superstitious views are not being given equal weight to rational scientific thinking as if this was a site dedicated to religious fanatics. 

I'm not here to argue with every fruitcake who spends a few days quoting the bible or any other religious text or unsupported belief at me.  I'm here to discuss events and thoughts with my fellow rational humans.  And the religious people aren't them.

I don't go intruding myself with logical arguments into religious sites and I don't need the opposite here.

To be honest, I kinda like it when a religious nut shows up. Kinda spices things up a bit for a little while, gives me something to laugh at, at least while their stupidity remains novel. When they repeat themselves or what other people have already said a million times, it just becomes annoying. When a religious person shows up, I always hope they'll be rational, to offer up some diversity in this forum, but that's not what most of them come to the atheist forums to do.

Also, I am probably the type who would go to Christian forums to ask them tough questions and debate with them. But Christians love to employ a heavy amount of censorship. Go to ChristianForums.com (with an ad blocker, I suggest), and count the number of forums and subforums that are "Christian only." It's pretty much all of them.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

meh...

i have found those who spend a lot of time criticizing others... are typically just projecting their own ineptitude on to those other people.. so as not to be called on it later, Kinda like a bill maher or John Stewart. Some of their best work is truthfully describing how they would fail in a real world situation and then tagging someone else with their own projected failures.

Seriously do you have ANY idea how hard it is on this side of the forum? where you are one voice against many, where you are engauged in sometimes 20 different arguments and are expected to maintain an ultra high standard of dialog and or material? What would you do in a room of 20 or 30 heavy hitters (besides S-yourself and leave after they start making sport of you) who all oppose your opinions or your tightly held views?

Would you do as well as you have given credit to those who do this very same thing here?

Hey, you came to us, we didn't come to you. If you can't stand the heat, don't go to hell.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Seriously do you have ANY idea how hard it is on this side
WAT?? Seriously....WTF? LOLOL. what a mop head. Do we have any idea what it is like to be outnumbered and out muscled and out"lawed" and outcast? WTF is wrong with you idiot? Laws are written to prevent "us" from running for political office. Show me the one that prevents you. Laws have been written to force us to pray in schools, to listen to your stupidity at government functions, even at a fucking car races and you think you have it tough?  Poor poor little battered xian.....why you are indeed persecuted. You mop heads have had your day, we are pushing back.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hakurei Reimu

Xian hard-liners have no conception on how terrible people they really are. They're forced to treat other religions, other races, other sexual orientations, and nonbelievers in civil ways and they call it "persecution."
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 28, 2017, 08:12:05 PM
Xian hard-liners have no conception on how terrible people they really are. They're forced to treat other religions, other races, other sexual orientations, and nonbelievers in civil ways and they call it "persecution."

This is a particular orientation of Protestants, they have to return to the pre-Constantine condition of persecution to be "real" Christians.  Catholics don't feel this way.  Of course in the Middle East, there are actual Christians under actual persecution (by Muslims in their case).  American Protestants are like homely girls who think if they wear the same lipstick as the beautiful girls, they will be attractive.  Like putting lipstick on a pig.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 23, 2017, 09:56:04 AM
To be honest, I kinda like it when a religious nut shows up. Kinda spices things up a bit for a little while, gives me something to laugh at, at least while their stupidity remains novel. When they repeat themselves or what other people have already said a million times, it just becomes annoying. When a religious person shows up, I always hope they'll be rational, to offer up some diversity in this forum, but that's not what most of them come to the atheist forums to do.

Also, I am probably the type who would go to Christian forums to ask them tough questions and debate with them. But Christians love to employ a heavy amount of censorship. Go to ChristianForums.com (with an ad blocker, I suggest), and count the number of forums and subforums that are "Christian only." It's pretty much all of them.

I used to pay some attention to theists (decades ago on streaming sites) hoping for some interesting thought.  But what you get is a Baruch posting nonsense and newbie theists thinking their superstition will convince me that there is a deity.

I went to christian sites a few months, offerring facts.  They do not think factually, so there is no point.  All we can hope for is that, like flat-earthers, they will gradually die out.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 29, 2017, 03:44:10 AM
I used to pay some attention to theists (decades ago on streaming sites) hoping for some interesting thought.  But what you get is a Baruch posting nonsense and newbie theists thinking their superstition will convince me that there is a deity.

I went to christian sites a few months, offerring facts.  They do not think factually, so there is no point.  All we can hope for is that, like flat-earthers, they will gradually die out.

You and I are both close to dying out ... don't ask for whom the bell tolls ... good thing you were "offerring" spelling lessons to the Christians ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on June 29, 2017, 03:44:10 AM
All we can hope for is that, like flat-earthers, they will gradually die out.
They're not quite dead yet:

Modern flat Earth societies
God Not Found

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 29, 2017, 05:20:59 PM
They're not quite dead yet:
Modern flat Earth societies

QuoteModern flat Earth societies date from the middle of the 20th century; some adherents are serious and some are not.
I think some people like to latch onto things like just to be weird.

Unbeliever

Yeah, like people who watch:

:rrotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8QbKMiefE
God Not Found

Baruch

I see you have been to Louisiana ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 29, 2017, 05:40:19 PM
I think some people like to latch onto things like just to be weird.

I find it difficult to think that any flat-earthers are in it for anything but a joke...  Seriously, even theists have to understand that a flat earth doesn't even fit their theology.  Right?

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 03, 2017, 05:10:42 AM
I find it difficult to think that any flat-earthers are in it for anything but a joke...  Seriously, even theists have to understand that a flat earth doesn't even fit their theology.  Right?

Well, basic science doesn't fit into their theology, so you know from that how easy it is to convince certain people the earth is flat.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on July 03, 2017, 05:15:17 AM
Well, basic science doesn't fit into their theology, so you know from that how easy it is to convince certain people the earth is flat.

I think the flat-earth/theistic connection comes from something about Satan showing Jesus the "whole earth" from a tall mountain.  Which WOULD require the earth being flat...  But I'm not sure that some flat-earthers use even THAT minuscule bit of logic.