"My Job is to Shut Other White People Down"

Started by pr126, January 27, 2017, 12:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote(THE HAGUE, Netherlands) â€" Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte on Wednesday claimed a dominating parliamentary election victory over anti-Islam lawmaker Geert Wilders, who failed the year's first litmus test for populism in Europe.

Provisional results with over half the votes counted suggested Rutte's party won 32 seats in the 150-member legislature, 13 more than Wilders' party, which took only third place with 19 seats. The surging CDA Christian Democrats claimed 20.

Following Britain's vote to leave the European Union and Donald Trump's election as U.S. president, "the Netherlands said, 'Whoa!' to the wrong kind of populism," said Rutte, who is now poised for a third term as prime minister.

Continues.

http://time.com/4702925/mark-rutte-defeats-geert-wilders-netherlands/
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Amsterdam is, and remains, deeply tied to London and NYC.  They are a beachhead on the mainland for the Anglo-Americans.  And their politics is quite different from England, let alone the US.  France and Germany next.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Hopefully,the  right-wing national populism wave has peaked and rational governmernst will return to do the basic things governments do.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 18, 2017, 04:00:58 AM
Hopefully,the  right-wing national populism wave has peaked and rational governmernst will return to do the basic things governments do.

Yes, EU = USSR-lite
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 18, 2017, 09:34:01 AM
Yes, EU = USSR-lite

No, EU is USA Lite. They are not Russia.  Only Putin is Russia.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 19, 2017, 01:43:52 AM
No, EU is USA Lite. They are not Russia.  Only Putin is Russia.

Since 1945 ...
USSR
EUSR
USSA

It is all totalitarian ... choose what flavor you will.  Being for free-thought, I find their policies anathema.  I may live in the US, and even support the US government, but American political culture is ... evil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 19, 2017, 08:32:51 AM
Since 1945 ...
USSR
EUSR
USSA

It is all totalitarian ... choose what flavor you will.  Being for free-thought, I find their policies anathema.  I may live in the US, and even support the US government, but American political culture is ... evil.

Occasionally you say something intelligent. But here you are a box of rocks again. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2017, 05:12:44 AM
Occasionally you say something intelligent. But here you are a box of rocks again.

I am glad we agree sometimes.  Proves you aren't a teenager ;-)  Any idea that we live in a free country in the US, died with the TSA and Civil Asset Forfeiture.  The Beetles understood long ago .. "... back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR ..." when John Lennon was identified as enemy-of-the-state.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 21, 2017, 06:53:49 AM
I am glad we agree sometimes.  Proves you aren't a teenager ;-)  Any idea that we live in a free country in the US, died with the TSA and Civil Asset Forfeiture.  The Beetles understood long ago .. "... back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR ..." when John Lennon was identified as enemy-of-the-state.

Civil Asset Forfeiture needs to be stopped immediately.  It is entirely out of sensible control.

TSA is too powerful and without a lot of success.  It is too large to manage.  Good concept, bad structure.

And don't bother me with what the English Beatles said in their dumb years;  I'm a US Simon&Garfunkel guy myself.

PickelledEggs

Cavebear